final

Million Time Apology

"Yah! Jonghyun hyung!" A deep voice call out to me.

I turn around and saw one of my friends, Minho, waving at me. I smiled and did the same. Once he stood right beside me, we both started walking out of school. "So... How is it like being with the school's cutie?" He asked as we walked down the street.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh don't give me this bull, Kim Jonghyun. How is it like to be with the school's cutie, KIM KIBUM?" He emphasized the name.

"Oh... You're talking about him. Nothing special. We're just friends, for your information."

"What?! What do you mean by 'nothing special'? We're talking about the school's- No, scratch that. The WORLD's most cutest guy, Kim Kibum here!"

"So what if he is cute?"

"Don't give me that kind of answer, I warn you. He is like... I can't even describe him in words. He is so damm cute! It's like he's begging to be . And you should be honored that he chose you as his friend! I mean... He is rich, charming, y AND cute at the same time! The whole school is out to get him, didn't you know that?"

"I know... I know... I'm just trying to say we're normal friends. Not lovers or whatsoever."

"How about we play a joke on him?" Minho suddenly suggested, shocking me. Minho wasn't really the type to play and joke around. So it's really rare for him to ask you to play a joke on someone else.

I sighed before answering, "No thanks, Froggie. Like you said, the whole school is out to get him. If I hurt him in one way or the other, I'll get killed, so no thanks."

"Oh come on! A joke won't kill..." He muttered as he frowned. "Ok, fine. What joke?" I replied. He brightened up and smiled. "Umm... confess to him!" He suggested. I stopped walking and stared at him wide-eyed. "W-What?" I asked again. "I said... Confess to him! Tell him you like- No, LOVE him! See what's his reaction!" He explained giving me a 'you-are-so-stupid' stare. "W-What if he a-agrees to date me?" I asked, trying to fine a excuse to end the conversation. But luck wasn't on my side. "Then just go out with him! You have nothing to lose. You even gain a cute boyfriend! You might even grow popular. Then... when you get tired or sick with this joke, end the relationship with him. Tada! Problem solved. Now, go confess or you're a useless dinosaur that depends on his parents for food." Minho teased, pointing to the dorm me and Kibum are staying at. "OK! Fine! I'll do it! I'm NOT a dinosaur for your information!" I shouted and walked towards the direction of the dorm, leaving Minho behind. I heard him chuckle, and it got on my nerves.

When I returned to the dorm, Kibum was layed on the bed on his stomach, doing his homework. He was just wearing a white boxer and large black sweater, so most of his milky white skin was exposed for the world to see.

And I did it. I 'confessed'. Kibum obviously blushed, and I have to admit, he was darn cute.

We were awkward with each other for a few days, but he finally talked to me. What he said was what I hoped he did not say AT ALL. "Let's go out then." Was his cute reply. Then from then, we started dating. People envied us. Just like what Minho predicted, I became the famous 'Kibum's Dino Boyfriend', Kim Jonghyun. Everything was going well. I have to say, I was falling for him. Other than his perfect features, Kibum was pretty much a troublemaker, very clumsy to be exact. Once, he mistaken a crow for a flying kitten and woke me up during midnight, asking me to let him sleep beside me. Of course I didn't believe him, but that time he was sniffing and rubbing his eyes so cutely that I just let him do what ever he wanted. So from that night, we slept with each other almost every night, cuddling and giggling.

But that day- Today, to be exact- came and he noticed my lies. I didn't realise the changes when I came back to the dorm that evening. Kibum didn't pounce on me like he would usually do and hug me, instead he sat frozen on the couch in our room. I just shook it off and took it that he was just tired since I heard that his dance competition just ended. "Jjong..." He muttered as I came out of the kitchen with a glass of milk. "Hmm?" I replied and sat down beside him. There were wet trails of tears on his cheeks.

"What's wrong, Bummie? You didn't get 1st for the competition? Don't worry about the results so much, as long as you did your best-"

"No... Jonghyun. I'm not talking about the competition." He cut me off. Something was definitely wrong. usually he would call me 'hyunggie' or 'Jjonggie' and not Jonghyun. He only uses my real name when something serious happened. "What is it?" I asked and placed the glass of milk down.

"You... were lying?" he asked as tears gathered at his eyes.

"What?"

"Loving me... It's a lie, right?" He asked, tears flowing down his cheeks. I was confused, then I remembered that 'joke' Minho wanted me to play on him.

"N-No... It isn't."

"KIM JONGHYUN, STOP LYING TO ME! I KNOW WHAT 'JOKE' YOU AND MINHO PLANNED BECAUSE HE TOLD ME ABOUT IT PERSONALLY!" Kibum shouted as he shot up from his seating position, glaring at me with tears running down his cheeks.

"What? M-Minho told you? How could he do that-"

"So it's true..." He cut me off once again. He chuckled with a husky voice and covered his face with one of his hands. "I can't believe I actually trusted you... I can't believe I actually went through so much trouble for your birthday..." He muttered and took small steps backwards. 'My birthday? Oh... Today was my birthday...'

He turned around and walked into our bedroom. I stood rooted to the ground, confused. I heard bags being zipped open roughly and clothes being dumped. I immediately ran to the room only to see Kibum packing his bags. "W-what are you doing?" I asked as I grabbed his wrist. "Leaving. I'm leaving this place that is filled with your scent. I don't think I will be able to breathe the same air as you." Kibum said and carried his bags, leaving me in the roomI looked around the room and noticed that there were a set of house keys on the table. "H-He was planning to live with me?" I muttered to myself. I rushed out of the room with the keys just in time to see him at the door, wearing his shoes. I ran towards him and grabbed onto his wrist. Tears were rolling down my cheeks. He froze. "Please... D-Don't leave me.... I beg you..." I said and kneeled on the floor, bawling. I sensed Kibum stiffen and turn to face me. I swore I saw a hesistant look cross his eyes. "Why? Why should I stay in this rotten place that is no different from hell? Why should I stay here and tolerate you and the stupid mistakes you made? Why? You don't even love me, so don't beg. I already had enough of your lies... Kim Jonghyun."

He turned around and was about to leave, but I stood up and hugged him from the back. "I a-admit it was a joke at first... But... I love you Kibum... I love you so much that it hurts... I love you so much I only cared for you that I forgot about this being a joke... So please... I'll do anything... But don't leave... I swear I'm not lying... So don't go..." I said into his ears, inhaling the scent coming from his hair. He started shaking and trembling, and soon, he cried loudly dropping his bags onto the floor to cup his face. Then, I slowly turn him around to face me. He continued crying. I smiled when he didn't protest when I pulled him into a hug. "I'm sorry for hurting you... I'm sorry for telling lies... But Bummie, I love you." I said and pressed my lips against his trembling ones. I felt two skinny hands wrap around my waist and smiled. I broke the kiss and stared deep into Kibum's red and puffy ones. "Don't cry ok? You look the ugliest when you cry. Come on, smile for me." I said and wiped away tears that were on his cheeks. He giggled. Those cute dimples of his appeared causing me to smile as well. "Hyunggie... Next time, don't lie, ok?" Kibum asked hugging me. I chuckled and replied, "What next time? You want me to play more jokes on you? I promise and swear to god, I will never EVER lie to you again." I said causing Kibum to giggle and hug me tighter.

3 years later

Two teenagers held hands and walk down a path filled with blossom trees at the side. the younger blondie of the two smiled and held up his graduation certificate. "Wah!~ Hyunggie! I can't believe I graduated already!" Kibum said as he stared at the rolled-up paper in his hands. The mentioned person smiled and chuckled. "Sad that you've grown older?" He teased. Kibum faked a surprised expression and playfully smacked Jonghyun's arm. "I am not old! If I'm old, you are super old!" Kibum said and pouted. Jonghyun chuckled and intertwined their hands again. "Fine, fine. So when are we moving in together?" Jonghyun asked. Kibum widened his eyes. "W-what are you talking about?!"

"You know very well what I am talking about. A letter regarding the apartment you bought under my name was sent to me yesterday..." Jonghyun said and smiled when Kibum blushed. Then, Kibum smiled. "I don't know... If you're willing to be with Kibummie forever, then it's up to you." Came the cute reply. Jonghyun smiled. He knew the answer....

As he was sure... so sure... that he was ready to spend his life with his cute boyfriend... Because they were in love. Hopelessly, that is.