Karma

EXO Generation AU Oneshots

KARMA

     He wondered what he had done to deserve this. Was it something in a past life? He wasn’t sure. He sighed, supporting the young woman’s weight.

     “You know, I kept telling them, I don’t go for younger guys.” She had been rambling for the past hour he’d been walking her home, and he grimaced despite himself.

     “Of course.” He replied, though he was doubtful she heard him. Hell, he didn’t think she even knew who he was right now, so far past wasted as she was.

     “I mean, come on! The kid is barely a year older than my little sister.” At this point in her ramblings, he knew she definitely didn’t recognize him. “It’s all his fault.” He stopped them, allowing her to rest against the cool brick siding of an apartment building.

     “What is?” He prompted, curious to see where this drunken woman was getting at.

     “He’s all cute and adorable one minute, and then the next he’s y and so God damn able the next. It’s not right!” She whined, throwing a fisted hand in the air, only to lose her balance. He caught her as she fell, holding her against his chest. “I don’t go for younger guys.” She sounded like she was trying to convince herself more than anyone else. They resumed their walk, her leaning heavily on him.

     “We’re here, Noona.” The woman lifted her head from where it rested on his shoulder, peering at the building she has lived in for the past three years. “Is your sister home?” She shook her head.

     “No, she went out with Jongin and Sehun tonight.” He sighed again as he shifted her weight. She mimicked him, sighing as she rested her head back on his shoulder.

     “What’s wrong, Noona?” He asked as they approached the elevator. She sighed  again, tightening her hold on him.

     “I think I love him.” He froze, suddenly finding his mouth too dry. He his lips, leading her into the elevator. As soon as they stepped inside, she pulled away from him, moving to lean against the wall on the opposite side. He pushed the button for her floor, and waited on the other side. They stared at each other silently, her words running through his.

     “I love you.” It was so soft, he almost didn’t catch it. In fact, he wouldn’t have, if he hadn’t been watching her. He kept his eyes on her as she pushed herself off of the wall, stepping towards him every time she spoke. “I love you.”

     “I’m barely a year older than your sister.”

     “Irrelevant, you’re a college sophomore.”

     “I’m just a kid.”

     “Oh, please. Six feet tall and an absolutely gorgeous body? Who are you trying to fool?”

     “What will our friends think?”

     “ what they think.”

     “Noona, I –,”

     “My name is Jessica. Do call me that.” She came to a stop in front of him, their chests almost touching. All signs of inebriation were gone as he looked down into her eyes. She, however, watched his Adam’s apple bob, the only sign of his nervousness. “Say it.” He stood still, barely breathing, eyes widened. “Don’t ing kid me, Huang Zitao. Just say the ing words.” He took in a deep breath, wiping his sweaty hands on his trousers.

     “I love you too, Jessica.” He barely finished the sentence as she yanked him down by the collar of his shirt, accidentally popping off the top few buttons. She pressed her lips against his in a kiss that was gentle – contradicting the tight grip she had on his shirt – yet full of passion. He let his hands rest just above her hips, leaning down a little more to accommodate her height, almost as if he was melting from her touch. They missed the elevator ding at its arrival, and the metal-on-metal sliding as the doors opened.

     “Unnie?”

     “TAO!?” They quickly pulled apart, with red-stained cheeks and wide eyes. There waiting for the elevator was Jessica’s sister, Krystal, Jongin, Sehun, and, much to Tao’s horror, Baekhyun. Tao saw the phone in Baekhyun’s hands, and knew that come tomorrow morning, their friends, the entire school, and most likely half the world, would know about that kiss.

     “Hyung, please –,”

     “Too late~” Yes, Tao surely wondered, just what he had done to deserve this.