Run away

After the flowers have bloomed

A/n: hey there! Thanks for the support! I didn’t know how the story became like this…so there will be another and most probably the final chapter after this chapter! XD

-sorry for the mistakes-

-COMMENT<3

-Mika♥

--- --- ---

2 years passed…5 years went by…and it was 8 years after Yookwon suggested for the break up. A red headed young man was sitting alone in the café that was once filled with warmth and joy. He seemed to be waiting for someone as he gazed out of the window occasionally. Some middle school girls gawked at the red head’s charming features. Who could blame them for that? Yookwon was a fine young man with eye catching ruby hair and a contagious smile. Every day, Yookwon would come by the small café and grab his usual seat near the windows. When he didn’t have to work, he would spend his whole day sitting in the café with his cup of coffee and his laptop.

But today, was different. It was the day when Yookwon first confessed to Minhyuk. They would always make an effort to celebrate their anniversary at the café. Yookwon understood that it was all in the past and he had little chances of seeing his angel return to him again. After Minhyuk left, Yookwon realised how retarded and rash he was when he broke up with the other.

‘I must have lost my mind.’ Yookwon thought silently while taking a sip of his coffee.

 Life was different and insignificant without Minhyuk and Yookwon took an entire year just to get use to the empty space beside him at night. For a year, Yookwon lived like a drunkard and got into fights almost every day with anyone who dared to piss him off. Despite searching through every inch of South Korea, Yookwon still couldn’t find his beloved angel. Whenever he was reminded of Minhyuk, he would take a stroll along places that they once went together, fingers tightly intertwined, their breathings perfectly harmonised and synchronised footsteps.

“Welcome to our café!” Yookwon heard the waiter welcoming customers who walked into the café, most of them were wearing thick, heavy coats.

The red head’s gaze shifted uneasily, trying to spot for a rather outstanding guy who would definitely shine among the crowd.

Yookwon didn’t know why he felt a sudden urge to rush to entrance door and inspect every each faces. Something in his heart was telling him that the person he had been waiting for years would appear at any time now.

Then, as if it was like a dream, he appeared.

The red head had his eyes widened and his jaws slightly opened.

It’s him, it’s really him. Yookwon couldn’t breathe.

“Zico ah, let’s just go to another café,” Minhyuk whispered to his friend as the other pushed him through the door.

His friend didn’t hear his pleads and dragged him by the wrist when the waiter led them to their table.

The moment Minhyuk took another step, he couldn’t carry on. He saw the same brown eyes that he missed every single second when he was away.

He still kept his hair red…

“Yah, hyung, what’s wrong?” Zico turned to face Minhyuk.

Minhyuk took a second to process his thoughts before shaking off the other’s hand and running out of the café.

He wasn’t prepared to face Yookwon, not just yet.

He can’t let the other know that he still loved him, no, he can’t.

Yookwon watched his angel turned his back and the next moment, he finds himself out of his seat and near the exit of the café. He couldn’t hear the waiter shouting at the back, he couldn’t see the annoyed faces that the other customers gave him when he elbowed past them; all he could hear was Minhyuk’s soft cries on the day they broke up. It was heartbreaking and Yookwon needed to stop the blood that was oozing out from his own heart.

He needed Minhyuk, just like how Minhyuk needed him.

---

‘Did he saw me?’Minhyuk was afraid to turn back; he didn’t want to become a fool again.

The latter ran as fast as his legs could carry him and chose to run into an alley when his lungs couldn’t supply him with sufficient oxygen anymore. Moreover, Minhyuk had asthma attacks since he was young and he hadn’t run that much for quite a while already.

I don’t think he saw me…that’s great…Minhyuk thought as his back clashed onto the hard concrete wall. He was exhausted and it was hard to breathe.

It can’t be…Minhyuk clutched onto the hem of his coat, trying to inhale some air, but failed to do so. His windpipe was contracting too much to even allow a sip of oxygen to pass through. Minhyuk felt his head spinning and his vision blurred as tears poured out unknowingly.

Am I dying? A thought came into Minhyuk’s mind.

Just when he was about to close his heavy eyelids, a voice shouted out him.

“MINHYUKIE!” Yookwon ran into the alley when he saw his angel laying on the ground gasping for air.

“Yookwon…” his angel breathed before the asthma attack took over his body.