Time Together

Time Together

“Noona~!” The youth huffed, sporting a rather displeased look on his face up at the woman before him. She smiled and leaned down, cupping his face in her hands and squishing his cheeks as she cooed at him.

“Don’t be like that. It looks cute on you.” Kahi snickered, pecking his nose then fixing the birthday hat on his head. She had been busy so she wasn’t able to be around for his actual birthday party so she decided to give him a private birthday for just the two of them. Really, it was just a cake she made and her barging into his dorm. While he appreciated the thought, he thought Kahi would at least treat him a bit differently now. He was 21 now, considered an adult in every country of the world.

Yet, here she was, still babying him like she always was. “So! Are you ready for your present, saengie?”

Jinwoon hesitated in answering her. He was half-expecting her to give him something childishly, half-wishing she would give him an appropriate gift. His eyes shifted around the room, trying to see if he could spot it before she gave it to him, but it was no use. All he saw was the usual things in the dorm.

“Noona, you don’t have to—”

“We’ve been over this, already. I’m giving it to you because it suits you. Now, close your eyes.”

Sighing, Jinwoon closed his eyes and readied himself for what she was about to give him. Kahi had already put a party hat on him and the cake was in the form of his face but as a cartoon character. Truthfully, it upset him that she treated him this way still but he guessed it was her last attempt at keep him as her “lovely, adorable dongsaeng”

A guitar soon filled his ears, his eyebrows furrowing in thought. She was playing for him?

“Take this sinking boat and point it home
We’ve still got time
Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice
You’ve made it known
.”

Then the same guitar he’d just heard playing was placed in his lap, his hands and fingers immediately moved into position, continuing the song with her.

“Falling slowly, eyes that know me
And I can’t go back
The moods that take me and erase me
And I’m painted black.”

She smiled and kneeled down in front of him, resting her arms on his legs. Jinwoon opened her eyes and looked down at her, a slow smile stretching across his lips, causing his eyes to disappear a little. Kahi gave him a bright smile in return, clapping her hands together some in applause.

“Happy 21st birthday, Jinwoonie.”