Chapter 16 - Cuttings and Seed Recovery

The Green Vine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I saw Hyun Jun running towards me with this huge grin on his face and a bunch of flowers. I was surprised and confused at his display of emotions. I did not know how to react to him.  I pulled myself up to sit and he kept smiling at me like someone handed him a huge prize. I stared at him in confusion. 

"What's up? Why do you look like this?" I asked. 

"Look like what?" he said while grinning. I let it go since I was tired and now having to figure out how to tell him that I was pregnant. At least he was in a good mood. This will not allow me to graduate on time, I just knew it. And I also knew that it would make work much harder for Hyun Jun if I had it. I had to get rid of it some how. 

Hyun Jun's POV: 

I was so nervous. I didn't even know how to start. I was gonna be a dad! I don't even feel capable enough about that thought, but I love this girl so much and now she was having my baby. I wanted to make sure that she was supported and okay but I really am super excited to be a dad. I had to tread lightly since I don't know how she is going to react to this at all. 

"Honey," I began as she turned towards me, "I found out you are pregnant when you found out you are pregnant." Her eyes got big with surprise and shock. " I know that you are probably shocked and stuff -- at least that's what my mom said you would be and --" 

"Wait, you told your mom?!" she gasped out. 

"Yeah... I told my whole family and some of my friends." she looked indignant," I just needed some advice, you know?" 

She pouted angrily. I love it when she does that. I withheld the urge to pull on her cheek. 

"Anyways, what do you want to do? I support any decision you are up for. I am here for you. " I said comfortingly and nervously. 

"I will handle everything. I guess my birth control just didn't work... , "she said shrugging, "You and I both are not ready to handle a pregnancy or a baby right now. And I know you don't need something like this right now." 

"Something like this?" I said confused.

"Yeah, we aren't married or committed seriously to having kids, and I know that you are not completely sure about being with me for the long run and I don't want to be a single mother and honestly I am scared about all of this..." she said quickly as her voice started breaking. 

"Who said that? I certainly did not say that," I said as I took her hands in mine, " I am super excited and want to be involved as a father if you keep it or wahtever you choose to do. In the end we will get married and I already decided that you are the one for me, no matter what happens."  I prayed silently that she would keep the baby and that I would not get rejected. 

"You really feel that way?" Naomi croaked.

"Yeah chagiya, I love you more than I've loved anybody. I could not have picked a more wonderful person to have my child and get to know." I said. 

"Really?" she said sniffling. 

"Of course. Now lay down and get better. I can't have you or the baby in danger." I said as I put the flowers in a vase. I felt a tingly feeling in my stomach as she caught my hand in hers. 

"Is this really okay? What do we do -- like... I mean...", she looked down. 

"Well, honey," I said as I kissed the back of her hand," if you are okay with this, I would like you to move into my apartment so that you can be okay and I can be sure that you are okay. I am sure Yeeun would be okay with this. You should continue going to pharmacy school, but maybe take it a bit easier in the business and  kind of take it easy in general? ung?" I said while tilting my head rearranging the flowers. 

"Move in? With who? You?" she said with wide eyes. 

"Yep. That way I can take care of you and any strange cravings or whatever else comes with this pregnancy." I nodded. 

"Okay. I can do that. I hope you know what you are getting into." She said. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter