Part 3

The Definition of Truly Living [10k+ one-shot]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

For a few days Kyuhyun had been thinking about what Heechul said. And offcourse about Jongwoon and what he had said that one evening. Kyuhyun had seen Jongwoon at work again, and it didn’t seem that Jongwoon had forgotten about everything. He looked at Kyuhyun rather sadly, though, he still acted as normal as possible. Kyuhyun was thankful for this, personal stuff shouldn’t interrupt with someone’s workability. Kyuhyun had even asked Jongwoon how his father was doing, unfortunately it wasn’t going to well, so it ended up in a rather awkward silence and they parted shortly after that.   Every time Kyuhyun saw Jongwoon at work, his stomach started to act strange. And every time he started thinking about that one evening, he started to blush. Maybe Heechul was right, maybe Kyuhyun really did like Jongwoon back. He  decided to put it up for a little test. He just needed to know, his work really started to suffer from all of this insecurity. So a few days after the talk with Heechul, Kyuhyun asked Yoona to get Jongwoon and to bring him to Kyuhyun’s office.   “You asked for me?” Jongwoon asked, as he stepped inside the office.   Kyuhyun stood up and closed the door behind Jongwoon, and also the blindfolds that were hanging in front of the windows of the office. No-one could see inside anymore, and they couldn’t see outside either. Jongwoon stared at Kyuhyun’s actions rather scared, and Kyuhyun just smirked before walking away from the window towards him. As Jongwoon kept backing off, Kyuhyun ended up cornering him in the corner of his office.   “What are you doing?” Jongwoon asked, a slight panic tone ran through his voice, making Kyuhyun almost feel guilty for what he was about to do. But Jongwoon liked him, so he should actually like what was coming up next right?   Kyuhyun closed the distance that had been left between them and did put his hands on Jongwoon’s waist. He tilted his head slightly to the side before moving forward and locking his lips on the lips of the man standing across from him. As soon as Kyuhyun’s lips touched Jongwoon’s, it felt as if a thousand fireworks all went off at the same time. Kyuhyun had never felt like this before. He felt happy and powerful, but at the same time scared and shy.   When Jongwoon started to respond to the kiss, because he got out of his shocked moment, Kyuhyun’s legs felt as if they were about to collapse. He never had been this vulnerable in front of anyone before. Suddenly reality him. He did like Jongwoon. He really did. Was this going to give trouble? Somehow he didn’t really care if it would result in trouble. Somehow it made him proud that he liked Jongwoon. It was something everyone should know.   While Kyuhyun was exploring Jongwoon’s mouth, he came to the conclusion that there was no better taste than Jongwoon. Not even the most skilled cook on the planet could make something this tasty.   While the kiss was still heating up, they both suddenly got interrupted by a door being slammed open.   “Sir, emergency meeting upstairs.” Yoona said, staring at some papers in her hand. As soon as she looked up at her boss’ desk, she noticed Kyuhyun was not on his seat. As she looked around she found him standing in a corner, cornering Jongwoon, both standing pretty close to each other, while they were both starting at her disorientated.   “Wh..What?” Kyuhyun stuttered, still trying to get back to earth.   “Emergency meeting. Your father is waiting.” Yoona explained, knowing what just happened, happy to have found out that her boss was a human with feelings after all.   “Ah, Right.” Kyuhyun answered, taking a few steps away from Jongwoon as fast as possible. Kyuhyun slowly started to remember that he was still at work, and his father never called out for an emergency meeting before. This had to be really serious. He left to go to the conference room as soon as possible, leaving a rather confused Jongwoon behind, who didn’t really know what to think about what just happened. Kyuhyun would explain to him later, right now, he had a meeting to go to. Jongwoon would understand.     --------------------------------------------------------------♫♪♫♪♫-------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------♫♪♫♪♫--------------------------------------------------------------     “Kyuhyun, sit down please.” Kyuhyun’s father gestured to an empty seat next to him, and Kyuhyun sat down on it. All the other board members were already in the room, apparently they had all been waiting for Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun got rather tense, would they have found out that he had just made out with an employee? This fast? That was rather unexpected. But Kyuhyun wasn’t scared, he would be able to deal with the situation. Hell, he would even give up his job if that was needed to be with Jongwoon.   “Tiffany, please switch on the TV.” Kyuhyun’s father said, gesturing at the large TV standing next to him. Tiffany, Kyuhyun’s father’s assistant, walked towards the TV and switched it on.   It was a news broadcast. At first, Kyuhyun was confused. Why did he have to watch the news in the middle of a workday? Couldn’t the news wait until tonight? Or at the end of the day? He had more important stuff to do.   Suddenly the news reporter said the word ‘Ujujin’, and Kyuhyun instantly focused his attention on the news report.   “Is Ujujin dealing with the mafia? That’s the question many people around the world are asking themselves right now. This morning, an old employee of Ujujin’s weapon’s factory has stepped forward to share his story with the police and media. He stated that Ujujin has been delivering weapons to the local mafia in Seoul for the past decennia, and that he has collected enough evidence to back-up his story. The police has taken the man’s story rather seriously and has started an investigation. Ujujin hasn’t given their response yet on the current situation.”   After the news report, Tiffany switched off the TV, and left the room. Kyuhyun was flabbergasted, and he wasn’t the only one. All board members looked confused, was this true?   “Are we dealing with the mafia dad?” Kyuhyun asked, deliberately using the word ‘dad’. He knew he had to use formal ways in meetings like these, but he didn’t really care at the moment. Dealing with the mafia could result in the end of Ujujin. If it was true, then his father had risked Ujujin, while he always blamed Kyuhyun if he was being irresponsible. How was dealing with the mafia responsible?   “I want all of you..” Kyuhyun’s father started, gesturing at everyone in the room, “to not speak with the media. It will only make things worse.”   A few seconds after that, all board members started bombarding Kyuhyun’s father with questions, but this one didn’t answer any of them. He only said that it was best if they didn’t know anything, and that he would solve everything. The meeting ended, leaving many members with questions, but they knew that asking wasn’t going to get them anywhere. As soon as everyone left, except for Kyuhyun and his father, Kyuhyun’s father started to speak.   “I had been dealing with Heechul’s father for a long time, and with Heechul for the last year.”   “You what?”   “Son, you know Heechul wouldn’t do anything bad with it.”   “It’s the MAFIA you are talking about! What were you thinking? Doing this behind our back like this? Behind MY back?!”   “Son..”   “DON’T call me like that. I’ll leave first.” Kyuhyun looked into his father’s eyes fiercely before leaving the meeting room. He went straight to Heechul’s house.     --------------------------------------------------------------♫♪♫♪♫-------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------♫♪♫♪♫--------------------------------------------------------------     “KIM HEECHUL! YOU OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!” Kyuhyun screamed to the closed door in front of him. He knew Heechul was home and deliberately not opening the door for Kyuhyun. He probably had seen the news too. “I’M SERIOUS HEECHUL! IF YOU ARE REALLY MY FRIEND, YOU OPEN THIS DOOR!”   Kyuhyun was still slamming on the door with his fists, when it suddenly opened. Heechul’s big eyes stared around the corner of the door to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun pushed the door further open and walked in. Other than that there was no longer a cranky old man sitting at the table, the house was still the same as a few years ago. That is how long Kyuhyun hadn’t been in Heechul’s house. Heechul usually visited Kyuhyun, or they went to other places together. Why it was like that, Kyuhyun didn’t really know, maybe Heechul didn’t like his house that much.   “Why didn’t you tell me you have been dealing with my company for the last year?” Kyuhyun asked, as soon as they both sat down at the table together.   “Your company?” Heechul said in response, but when he saw Kyuhyun looking at him madly, he decided it was no time for jokes. “I have been dealing with your father for the last year, not with you. And the less people know it, the better.”   Kyuhyun still looked madly at Heechul. He waited for something that would probably never happen, an apology for keeping something this important a secret to his best friend. But Heechul never apologized for anything before in his life, not even when he broke Kyuhyun’s favorite toy when they still were kids.   “I’m sorry Kyuhyun.” Alright, so Kyuhyun was wrong, Heechul did know how to apologize. Unfortunately, Heechul’s sorry didn’t make the situation any better right now. “I never knew it would become a problem, I would have told you this before if I knew it would give problems, you know that.” Heechul continued, and he got a hold on Kyuhyun’s hand in the middle of his sentence.   Suddenly Heechul’s phone went off and he excused himself for a little to answer it. He answered with an ‘alright’, ‘I understand’ and ‘yes’ before hanging up.   “You got to go, a few of my members are coming over to talk about certain stuff.” Heechul dragged Kyuhyun to the door. Heechul had always been protective towards Kyuhyun, keeping him away from any mafia-related business, to make sure Kyuhyun was completely save if people tried to get Heechul down. No-one could know that Heechul and Kyuhyun were friends, or even knew each other. So not even Heechul’s members knew about Kyuhyun, so Kyuhyun knew he had to leave as soon as possible.   “I’m still mad at you.” Kyuhyun said, while standing at the door.   “I know.”   “If Ujujin is going down, I will never forgive you.”   “I know.”   “Never ever.”   “I know, I will make it up to you, I promise. Now go!”   “Be safe.” Kyuhyun said, as he was always worried about his friend being a mafia boss. Heechul smiled before closing the door. Kyuhyun knew he would be safe, he just wanted to let Heechul know that despite the fact that he is mad at him, he still wanted him to be safe.     --------------------------------------------------------------♫♪♫♪♫-------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------♫♪♫♪♫--------------------------------------------------------------     “Sir, Jongwoon has been asking to meet with you for you since the past week, shouldn’t you talk to him?” Yoona asked through the phone. Kyuhyun sighed. This was the 9th day consecutive that Yoona bothered him with Jongw
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter