Strawberry cake

her name is JAIDEE

Kanita and I were in middle school already and Xuwicha was a junior in highschool. Kanita didn't play with her dolls anymore and Xuwicha improved on his action skills--I thought I had also. We were growing up so fast.

Saturday morning Kanita and I helped auntie make some pho, spring rolls, tapioca, and star cakes. It was for uncle's birthday. When he came to the kitchen we surprised him with his favorite foods. Cha came behind uncle with a strawberry cake and we all began to sing 'Happy birthday' to uncle. He turned and was very surprised. This made me thought of when ma and pa surprised me with a strawberry cake. My tears were about to burst, but I stopped myself and hid what was inside of me with a smile. 

"Thank you, honey. I was very surprised." said uncle with a smile. Auntie gave uncle a kiss on the cheek. "Alright, who's ready to shove the food into their mouth?" uncle said using a funny voice. We all laughed. The cake was delicious! It made me thought of when ma and pa surprised me with a strawberry cake too... After a bowl of pho we raced to see who finishes two spring rolls, a cup of tapioca, and three star cakes first--of course it was uncle...those were his favorites. Cha came in second, auntie, me and then Kanita. It was fun.

We all helped to clean everything up--even Cha Cha boy. Auntie and uncle told us they would go out after the cleaning--they wanted alone time and we knew already. When we finished cleaning, Kanita and I went to go finish our homework. Cha came in and asked to borrow me. "Sure. Hey, I'll be right back, Kanita." "Alright" she said.

Cha and I went outside. "How's your skills coming along?" "I think I'm improving." I said. I showed him what I learned on my own. I did a few punches in the air, front flip and landed on the ground doing the split. I got up using both my hands and pushed the ground on my sides to lift my body up. I could tell Cha was amazed. I continued on with a drop kick in the air and I grabbed a long stick and swung it from side to side. I stopped, made a pose, and pointed the stick at Xuwicha. I was breathing hard. "That was awesome, Jaidee!" he said while clapping in amazement. He ran towards me and began to attack me. I could tell it was only for skill improvement. We practiced till sunset. I was loosing for a sec. 'never give up' I told myself. "If you want it, then go for it." said Cha. I really wanted to become a pro like Cha. Kanita came out once to check on us and offered us water. She went back inside to her room. I haven't been playing with her lately, but we were still pretty close.

We finally went back inside. Auntie and uncle just came back also. They came back with dinner. They set it on the table and we all ate together. After dinner we ate the last couple slices of the strawberry cake. Looking away I began to think about my parents again. Auntie saw me and knew what was going on. "You miss your parents?" I looked up at her and nod. "I'm alright though." I replied back with a fake smile.