Are you my prince charming?

Fairytales exist right?

Eunjung went down the stairs, feeling slightly more confident after the makeover Hwayoung forced her to take. As soon as she took a step, a spot light, yes, a spot light , shone over the beautiful girl. Everyone in the hall fell into complete silence. Okay, not expected. She awkwardly made her way down the stairs and her step-mother just decided she had to announce her arrival.

 

"Everyone, would you please give a big hand to my daughter on her sixteenth birthday!" 

 

The crowd clapped and Eunjung would bow every once in a while. She went to the snack area to get some punch. To be honest, she had no idea how to react. Sure, she'd been to balls all the time, well - her sisters' that is. She was quite passive towards balls and princesses. Though ironically, she lived ike one. On Mondays it would be Violin lessons, Tuesdays, ballet, Wednesdays were the worst - she was thought on poise from how to sit to table manners. She got used to it but never fancied the idea of wearings tiara's and falling madly in love with someone she'd known for a night. 

 

A song started to play and it was a must - a rule in the household that whose ever's occasion it was for must dance first. Eunjung could feel her stomach turning. It was the exact reason she didn't want to have a ball. She turned around, looking for a partner. Her mom was urging her to go and just dance already.

Hwayoung was whispering, "Hurry or my work will be wasted!!"

Hyoyoung was happily flirting with a guy whom she recognized as her classmate from her Economics Class.

She turned around, feeling the room spinning and her head getting light. She started to run to the nearest exit but nearly tripped along the way. But, only to be caught by someone. She opened her eyes and was faced-to-faced with a handsome young man.

 

"Wow, becareful. You nearly tripped, princess." He said. Eunjung felt her face burning from the simple comment. Well, being the kind of girl she is, there's no way she'd let him go with that statement.

"So? What are you my prince charming?" she spat back, trying her best to hide her flushed cheeks.

"I guess I am, may I have this dance?" he reached out his arm. Eunjung was about to protest when noises were heard. She turned around and saw her sisters and her mother mouthing different things to her.

"GET HIM NOW!!"

"SAY YES!!"

"UNNIE, HE'S HOT!"

She sighed and slowly took his hand. Sure, she's danced before but with a stranger- nope, didn't see that coming.

 

____

 

The couple stood, center of the ballroom. She took a deep breath and stared at the boy in front of her. 

"Relax, it'll be fine." he said, succeeding in making the latter calm down.

Odd. I just calmed down immediately.

He held out his hand and she took it hesistantly. She gently put her hand on his shoulder and his on her waist. The song started and they moved on cue. They captivated the audience with her elegance and his charms.

One by one, people were slowly joining in and there were a few who chose to just watch. 

"They're staring.." she told him, feeling even more nervous judging from the numerous eyes watching her every move.

He chuckled and slightly nodded. His laughter somehow managed to make the girl blush a deep shade of red.

"And you're blushing.." he grinned at the girl in front of him.

She felt embarassed and looked away. Cursing herself for her unusual behavior.

After a few more spins and twirls, they stopped dancing and went to her garden.

The beautiful garden flowers varied from roses to daffodiles. The moonlight hovouring above them made the scenery even more romantic. The carefully sculpted fountain water shone brightly under the moonlight. They took a seat at a bench.

"So, who are you?" she questioned.

"Me? I don't think you would want to know who I am, princess." he answered with a hint of melancholy in his voice that didn't do unnoticed by the girl.

She was about to start another conversation when the clock struck midnight. The panic in the former's face was displayed.

"I'm sorry but I have to go."

She didn't have time to reply  when he took off into the night. With night's sillouette to cover him.

"WAIT!" she cried. She ran after him but tripped on her dress. Without thinking, she took off her heels and tore a bit of her dress.

She ran after him but it was to no avail. The masked man was nowhere to be found. 

She went back home feeling somewhat dejected. With her heels in her hand, clanking together she opened the door to the mansion. The guests have probably left since it was a quater past two in the morning. The ballroom was empty. She sighed to herself, the thoughts of the boy lingering in her mind. His smile, laughter and the sadness his voice held. Why was that? She thought to herself.

The door of the room was slamed open and Hwayoung, Hyoyong and her mother came rushing to her side. Each worried of her sudden dissappearance. Hyoyong and Hwayoung kept asking her about the mysterious man. But, Hwayoung shreiked when her eyes finally laid on the once beautiful dress.

Her sisters' and mother's constant questioning and lecturing were nothing but muffled voices to her as she was still lost with only one question in her head.

"Who is he?"

The three quiet down when she asked that question. All of them looking at each other in confusion.

 

____ 

 

A week had passed since she saw the masked man. She looked at her wrist, the beautiful bracelet dangled.

 

"Aish, what do you think I should do Myunggie?"

 

Eunjung and Myungsoo are skipping merrily at Eunjung's backyard. They were the closest of friends. Myungsoo came to a stop at the pond.

 

"Junggie..."

"Neh?"

"Umm... I have to move."

"B-bwoh?! Waeyo?!"

"Appa's company.."

"But, Myunggie.. I'll miss you. Don't go.." she pleaded, tears threatening to fall.

 

He gave her a half-hearted smile and pulled out a pink box out of his pocket. Eunjung gave him a weird look and tilted her head to the side. 

 

"Here."

Eunjung took the box slowly and opened it. It was a butterfly charm bracelet.

tumblr_mbrrssIX6s1qfdg7xo1_400.jpg

"Kyaa! I love butterflies!" she squealed and hugged the bracelet.

"I know. I'm giving it to you."

"Why?"

"As a promise. I promise to come back and get you. Then one day we'll get married and live happily ever after. Okay?"

"Okay!"

 

He planted a kiss upon her cheek and she turned crimson red.

On the day he left, she cried her heart out telling him not to leave. He gave her a smile and one last hug before getting into the car.

She wore the bracelet everyday. Believing his words. 

 

But that was ten years ago. 

 

He lied. He lied.

I'm never believing in fairytales anymore.

 

She always wore the bracelet though, to remind her of her first love.

 

She sighed and got out off bed. She figured she could use a walk at the park.

 

As she was walking, she bumped into someone.

 

"Mianhe.."

"It's okay."

 

That voice! 

 

She looked up and was stunned.

 

Wait.. isn't that...

 

"Myunggie?"

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: and cliffhanger. *shields self from being pelted by bricks* Well, you see, I, uh, nevermind. 

I'll finish this tonight. Please understand the life of an author.

Oh, the local newspaper called and I was asked to write an article.

At first I was like,

th_taemin-effthis.gif

But, I thought about it and managed.

So, yeah...

It's gonna be published next week!!

So...

th_tumblr_lxv1gml1A11r6ueoeo1_400.gif

Once again, forgive me for the cliffhanger.

*bows*

FYI, Eunjung and Myungsoo were childhood friends. Myungsoo had to move because of his father's company and promised to come back and marry Eunjung. Since it has been ten years, she didnt believe in him and lost faith. He was her first love though.

See you.

th_eunjung.gif

 

JSM