Chapter 1: The First

My Heart

 

At Kyung Hee University, during lunch break:

It’s December 4, 2010, the air was so cold, and it’s contributing to Roxshi’s sadness, today is one of the saddest day in her life, because today is the first death anniversary of her fiancé Heechul.

Hyohyeon noticed that she felt so down, she approached her and asked.

Hyohyeon: why so sad? Today is his first death anniversary right? Omo! I almost forgot!

Roxshi: yeah.

Taeyeon: we know it’s hard to let go and move on but you really have to.

Kyuhyun: yeah noona! You have to move on.

Shindong: how could you say that, you evil maknae! How can she forget Heechul so easily?

Onew: it was just a year, how could she forget about hyung?

Nicole: it’s all oppa’s fault!

Taemin: yah, noona, don’t blame my brother!

Nicole: ah, mianhae.

Roxshi: stop it! You know I’ll be hurt if we continue talking about Heechul oppa! 

Hyohyeon: mianhae sunbae. Are we going to visit him today?

Roxshi: if you want you can come.

Taemin: noona, I will! I have to come!

Jiyoung: Yeobo! I’ll go with you!

Taemin: yah! Jiyoung ah! Stop clinging to me! Yah! Let go!

Jiyoung: aniyo! Namjachingu!

Taemin: I’m not your namjachingu! Yah!

Leeteuk: aigoo! Young love!

Taemin: aniyo! Hyung! Help me! Hyung!

Sulli: yah! Lee Taemin! What is the meaning of this?

Taemin: aniyo! Jagi! Yah! Let me explain.

Roxshi: aish! Children… they’re really in love!

Sulli: just like you and oppa? Can you tell us your love story, please?

Nicole: aigoo! You’ve heard that many times, repeating it today would make a hundred times already.

Jiyoung: but we want to hear it again!

Taemin: I don’t want to hear it. I’ve memorized it already. Yah! Jiyoung ah! Let go of me! Yah!

Sulli: yah! Jiyoung ah! Stop that!

Jiyoung: unni!

Taeyeon: I guess we have to hear it one more time.

Onew: for 100th time this year.

Kyuhyun: noona! Aren’t you being a masochist? You’re relaying your story to us but still you’re hurting every time you do that.

Roxshi: but I love doing that, it’s the only way I can remember him. Should I start?

Heechul and I met when I was 8, I found him very cute, so I had developed a crush on him, when I was 13, he admitted that he likes me too.

Heechul: Roxanne Lee, I would like to tell you something.

Roxshi: what is it oppa?

Heechul: I don’t want to be your oppa anymore.

Roxshi: wae? You can’t just do that! Waeyeo? You’re being unfair!

Heechul: because I want to be your namjachingu!

Roxshi: yah! Oppa! You’ve scared me—what did you say?

Heechul: I want to be your namjachingu!

Roxshi: oppa… I want to be your yeojachingu!

When we told our parents about it, they were very happy for us, when Oppa went to college I was left alone but we maintained a very good communication,  3 years later, I entered college, when he graduated he became a police man. He proposed to me, he asked me to marry him.

Heechul: I don’t think I can let you go anymore… I know that I’ll die soon.

Roxshi: yah! Don’t say that! Oppa will live forever, because I’m the one who’s holding his heart!  And oppa is the only person who knows my heart.

Heechul: that’s why…

Roxshi: what?

Heechul :< kneeling down> Roxanne Lee, will you marry Kim Heechul and hold his heart forever?

Roxshi: yah! Oppa!—aigoo! Of course! Lee Roxshi will marry Kim Heechul and hold his heart forever.

We planned to get married as soon as I finished my studies but an untoward incident happened. I was hold as a hostage, and oppa by chance was the police officer who was brave enough to negotiate, I told him to hold his gun, and just leave me alone but he didn’t.

Hostage taker: put your gun down! Or I’ll shoot her!

Roxshi: oppa! Please put it down… just leave me alone!

Heechul: shirheo! I won’t! I won’t leave you! Yah! Ahjusshi! That girl you’re taking as hostage is my fiancée! Please let her go! Please!

Hostage taker: no! Put your gun down!

Oppa have placed his gun down when the hostage taker shoot him.

Roxshi: Ahjusshi! Just kill me!

He was stunned, and he let go of me, but I never let him escape, I kicked his ankle in order to break his ligament.

I never left oppa; he’s still talking to me when EGC shows no heartbeat anymore.

I clearly remember today is the day that he died.

Shindong: wow! So romantic, will you ever find someone like Heechul again? Coz someone like him comes just once in a lifetime.

Leeteuk: please don’t cry.

Jiyoung: aigoo! You’re really sweet! I wish Taemin would do that for me too.

Taemin: you wish!

Taeyeon: aigoo! You might end up being together.

Sulli: no way!

Taemin: neh! No way!

Roxshi: I will look forward to that MinYoung!

Taemin: noona! Andwae!

Kyuhyun: yah! It’s already time, let’s go back to our classes now. Taemin, Sulli, Jiyoung, Nicole go back to the high school building now.

Nicole: neh!

Roxshi: I’ll go first!

Hyohyeon: I’ll go with you.

Taeyeon: nado!

Onew: noona! Me too! I’ll go!

Roxshi: yah! Cho Kyuhyun! Wait for Mari here okay? Don’t you dare leave her alone here, or else you’re dead!

Kyuhyun: yeah! Araso!

At Heechul’s grave:

Roxshi: oppa! How could I find someone like you? Kidding! I still love you! But, by any chance, will you let me love again? Please oppa give me a sign.

Suddenly a calm gust of wind blew her face, and a sudden delight was seen in her face.

Roxshi: so oppa, your answer is yes? Don’t worry I still love you and I will forever be loving you.

Taemin: aigoo! Noona! YOU REALLY LOVE MY BROTHER SO MUCH!

Roxshi: yeah… I really do.