Happy Synthesizer

Unsung Melodies

SeoHyun’s POV
“Big news! Big news!” A girl shouted on the corridor of the sophomores. It’s still morning, but they’re so loud. I yawned.
“Taemin-oppa has a girlfriend already!” She shouted. I slammed my table that served as my wake-up call. Him getting a girlfriend, impossible. I mean. . . . It’s not impossible. . .

“Are you okay SeoHyun?” The person behind me said.  I simply smiled and nodded.  It’s the second day of Yoona being absent because of her fractured leg. Her mom kept on ranting about her not going to school, but instead just rest at home. How lucky ! She got carried by Jonghyun, I wished I was carried like that by Taemin too. I woke up again. Taemin carrying me like that? I laughed, but didn’t thought that my laughter could be heard by the people around me.

“SeoHyun?” They asked me, for I surely sounded weird on that part.

“Oh sorry, it was just so loud a while ago,” I lied and then began reading my textbooks. I needed some advance reading to forget about some things right now.

My thirty minute recess passed in a blink of an eye without me even thinking about food and such. The subjects after that were nothing but dull, full of boredom for me.  My math class teacher even punished me for dozing off on his class all because I was thinking about Taemin  and the girl friend news.  I wondered for a moment if I should ask him, but after hearing the truth will I be able to accept it?

“Hey SeoHyun have you heard it too? The rumor?” A group of girls asked me during lunch break. I yawned.  I’m very tired thinking about it, so halfway before lunch, I already gave up thinking about the real answer.

“About Taemin having a girlfriend? It’s not impossible,” I told them about my view point. I began answering my math homework while listening to their gossips.

“Hey SeoHyun why not ask Taemin? I mean you’re close right? I saw you going home together yesterday,” My classmate said ;apparently she has a deep crush on Taemin. I’m sure she’s hoping that the rumor isnt’ true.
“Perhaps you’re his girlfriend? You hang out often times,” Geez I’m tired listening to them. Yoona ! Come back to school already! They suddenly sprung into an uproar after hearing the theory of my female classmate.

“I’m not,” I said with my angelic smile on. I’m pissed off. Very. Taemin here, Taemin there. When will I not hear his name?   
“Eh! But you look totally cute together,” They said praising me. I’m sure they are only two faced individuals hoping that I’m not close with him. I’m sleepy.

After School at Yoona’s house

“Taemin has a girlfriend?” I expected that from Yoona. I mean, she’s not the romantic type of person, but the one who is interested with some unusual happenings. I nodded.

“Aren’t you sad about that?” Yoona looked at me with pity. I questioned myself for being sad about the news. I nodded, and then she patted my head.  “Then why not just ask him yourself?” Making it sound easy. I declined.

“It’s a hard thing to do. If it was that easy then I would have asked him myself,” Completely useless when it comes to stuff about myself. I might have been a good person when it comes to persuading others, but deep inside I’m a failure.

“Just because you can’t ask him doesn’t mean you are a failure SeoHyun, but if you really can’t ask him then that wouldn’t really help you at all,” Like an advice guru.  I smiled.  “Hey why are you smiling? I’m trying my best to help here!” She growled at me.

“Sorry sorry. You were the person seeking advice from me at first, but now our situation had changed. It’s funny,” Forgetting about my problems. This is the reason why I really like Yoona as my best friend.  “Thank you Yoona,” Holding her hand and smiled. She laughed in return.

“I’ll call him later. I decided that if I don’t face things then nothing would be resolved,” Trying to act very brave, but still I am nervous about the outcome of things.

“Hey SeoHyun, could you be, by any chance attracted to Taemin?” Asking me innocently.  

“Eh?” It was too shocking for me. I mean why would she say that?

“One wouldn’t act like that ,”  True. Why am I even worried about him? If I don’t care about him then I wouldn’t even bother about him having a girlfriend, but awhile ago, I was sad?

“Who knows?” I couldn’t really understand my feelings right now. Is this what they call love? I’m too unsure, but I guess this is worth a try.

“I’m supporting you,”  Telling that to me as a friend. I smiled again.

“How about you? I notice that you’re on a good terms with Jonghyun. You look really cute you know!” Teasing her after witnessing a few things with them together.

“That’s.. Impossible!” She shouted right at me.  “I’m sure we don’t like each  other. We are enemies. Right, enemies!” Trying her best to accept that.

“The more you hate , the more you love,”  I said giggling. Yoona got more annoyed, so she dragged me out of her room.

“Don’t come here teasing me!” Yoona told me with a deep red blush. I stood up, and left her house.      

Later that night
“Hello Taemin?” I asked over the phone.

“Yes?” He asked me. I was, for a moment,  unable to say a word.

“I heard a rumor a while ago about you goinig out with someone. Is that true?” As I gathered my strength to ask this man for the answer. He laughed.

“I think they misunderstood what I said,” He told me. What?
“I told them that I like someone,” Why is he so open about it? “Who’s beautiful,” He continued.  I dropped my phone. Tears swelling up my eyes.

“I’m .. I’m so happy. I thought the rumors were true,” Crying but laughing at the same time. I was so happy that the dark feeling on my heart had vanished.  Even though he said that he likes someone else, I’m happy that the person he’s talking about is not yet returning those feelings. Selfish for me to say, but I’m a girl.  I guess this is what love really is.

Yoona’s POV
“Oh damn! I didn’t ask her,”  I told myself while reading some medicine books.

“I’m not sick am I?” While reading a few illnesses about the heart trying to find a match on what I’m feeling. 

------------------------------------------------------
Chapter title taken and inspired from Vocaloid Happy Synthesizer song