Unexpected Falling?

...To Where It's Supposed To Be. (ON HOLD)

First of all, I want to apologize if any of you feel that the story is quite monotonous. My excuse is I'm building up the pace. The first three chapters and a half of this chapter are barely one chapter of the original Indonesian version. So please bear with me.  frown

Enjoy!

 


 

I knew I shouldn’t have listened to Yumi.

I’ve been the centre of attention a whole day at school, because of me forgetting to bring my uniform and having to borrow Hyejin’s.

No, nothing was wrong with it. It was the same as mine except for the fact that the skirt was fifteen centimeters shorter.

Me, Kim Saeri, and a mini skirt.

“Just pray that my parents haven’t gotten home yet or else this will be the last time you ever see me,” I muttered under my breath, slightly irritated with the whole staring-at-me-like-I’m-some-kinda-fresh-meat from the guys.

The bell rang five minutes ago and we were walking to the school gate now, along with hundreds of other students.

“Why? It’s not that it looks bad on you. You’re waaaay much cuter now! If you had dressed like this since a long time ago, you’ve definitely left a loooong trail of broken hearts behind you.”

I scoffed. “I would never take that as a compliment. And no thank you to you.”

Ignoring the reaction from other students was hard enough for me and Yumi just had to make it harder with her gawking at me adorably. Call me silly but I did not feel flattered at all.

When we had already reached the school gate, we immediately looked for a comfortable spot to wait for her brother to come out from his school.

Yumi’s brother, the supposed-to-be Oppa pie, was a student of Cheongsam High.

As if today had not been bad enough.

I actually wanted to sprint home straight after the last bell rang, changing this horrible clothes with the comfy ones of mine, but Yumi insisted that I should accompany her to meet her brother after school. I mean, why did she not just meet him at home? We were going home today. Weird Yumi pie.

We had to stand there for extra half an hour before the students of Cheongsam High piled out from the school. Soon enough, one of them separated himself from his peers and half-jogged towards us. This must be the Opp—OH MY GOSH!!!!

Oppa pie was an understatement.

“Mom was freaking out when she found out you didn’t bring it,” said him while handed a small plastic bag to Yumi.

“Tell her not to worry much. I haven’t had it for the last few days,” she said then looked back and forth between me and her brother. “Oppa, this is my friend.”

Oppa pie’s eyes immediately set on me.

Did someone just turn off the air conditioner??

Turn it on! I’m sweating!!

“Hello! I’m Jonghyun.”

“……… Huh? Oh! I’m Kim Saeri. Nice to meet you.”

I regained my sense and finally bowed back. Very impressive for the first impression, Kim Saeri. Well done.

“Kim … Saeri?” He pondered my name for a moment. “Oh… That Saeri.”

That Saeri?” I repeated.

“Nice to meet you too, Saeri-ah.”

He smiled heartily and that made me want to put him in my bag and bring him home. I blushed uncontrollably.

“Saeri-ah?? Aigoo…” Yumi slapped Jonghyun’s hand in annoyance. “You can have all girls in this world but my friends! You are not to hit on my Saeri, you hear that!”

“And why not?” He dared Yumi.

“Because I’m not letting my friends going out with a player like you!”

He fell silent for a couple of seconds then pouted. “I’m your brother, remember?”

“No, I don’t! Now go!”

I was almost choked when I saw Yumi pushing and literally kicking Jonghyun. It was actually amusing, seeing how small she was compared to her brother but had the power to torture him, and Jonghyun just chuckled at that but I honestly did not think Yumi had to go that far. They are siblings, right?

“When will you go home? I’ll pick you up. I missed you already!” Jonghyun stubbornly stayed at where he stood.

“I’ll be home in an hour—ugh..! Would you just go now?!” Yumi shouted in desperation.

Jonghyun lifted his hands in defeat. “Fine, I’ll go now. Love you, Yumi-ah. Love you too, Saeri-ah!”

Water!

Somebody, give me water!

NOW!!!

Yumi grinned bashfully. “Sorry for that. He’s a bit annoying, you see.”

“WATER???”

“Come again?”

I coughed a couple of times, trying hard to get rid of the sudden hoarse voice.

“Never mind. So what was that?” I pointed at the small plastic bag she was holding on.

“Oh. Some pills so my allergy won’t get worse.”

Right. I almost forgot that she had a really bad allergy. Like, she sneezes at furry animals, flowers, dust, perfume with a strong scent, and almost everything. And when she starts sneezing, it could go on for a full hour. Oh, and she spits too. Nice, isn’t it? Especially when you happen to be right in front of her.

 

♀♂♀♂

 

I entered the house with a huge grin plastered on my face. It just would not come off since Yumi and I went our separate ways. Another giggling escaped my lips at the thought of Jonghyun.

Yes, if it was not obvious already, I liked him since the first time I saw him.

Wait, no.

That would be a big, fat lie. Was I not attracted to him since the first time I heard his voice on the phone?

I nodded to myself, not paying attention to where I was going until BAM! I was dumbfounded by the fact that I was on the floor now with a throbbing temple.

Ouch.

What was that—a bison? In my house??

“Ow… Can you at least watch where you're going?”

I looked up to find Key grimacing in pain while holding his chin. Yeah! How was that, baby? Feeling good?

I had to hold back my sneer because it made my forehead hurt more. Dang you, useless key!

“Then why you didn’t you watch your move? Stop telling people to do something that you don’t even do in the first place!” I snapped back at him and tried to stand back while rubbing my temple so the pain would cease.

“You—”

He squinted his eyes and scanned me from top to toe.

“What? Like what you see?” I spat with a trace of sarcasm in it.

He scoffed. “Me? Liking a piece of board? Don’t flatter yourself, young lady.”

ARGHH…!!

That’s it.

I stomped my feet and left without any word. If Yumi praised me the whole day and the rest of males at school drooled over me, then why would I look like A PIECE OF BOARD to him?! I admitted that I was not that pretty, but I was NOT THAT bad either!

Stupid key and his slanted eyes!

I did not know if I should trust Yumi or Key but I had come to a conclusion that I actually had a perfect symmetrical body that made me look like a giant walking ruler.

Kim Saeri and her low self-esteem.

No thanks to the spare key.

“Huh? Where’s my bag?”

I finally realized that I had not brought my bag with me into my bedroom. Where would it—right. It must have been thrown somewhere when I fell back there. Aish…

I let out a heavy sigh and turned my heels towards the door of my room.

“WAAA!!” I shrieked and jumped back in horror when a hand suddenly appeared on the door a moment after I opened it.

I rubbed my chest to calm myself then slowly and cautiously peered at where that hand came from. Sure enough Key was leaning on the wall there, just beside my door. Despite his annoying cocky face, I would never forget my manners. I was raised a human too, you know.

“Thank—”

“I talk to human, not a piece of board, thank you.”

“GO YOUR THUMB, YOU ERTED KEY…!!”

BAM!

I slammed the door shut with all my might. At this point of time, I did not care at all if I broke it.

Did I say I would not forget my manners?

Scratch that.

 

♀♂♀♂

 

Was slamming things trending lately?

I stared hopelessly at my Math book that I just slammed a minute ago. If I have to name one thing that I loathe so much in this world, it would be Math.

What?

You expected me to say ‘Key’?

I have already said that I do not hate him. Yes, I behave badly to him but that is because he does it too! I’m never the type who holds grudge easily so if there is smoke, there must be fire.

I was still lost in thought until several knocks were heard on my room door.

“Saeri-ah, let’s have lunch together.”

I picked my book from the floor and put it back on the table as neatly as possible before I went to open the door. Mom was what I found behind it and the sight of her somehow calmed me down for a bit.

“I didn’t know that you’ve already come home,” I said and flashed her a smile.

She smiled back. “I know you have to study but don’t forget your meal. Your own healthy isn’t less important than your study.”

“How did you know I haven’t eaten yet?” I questioned her.

She pulled me gently out of the room and closed the door behind me before walking with me to the dining room.

“Key told me that you went into your room straight after getting home and didn’t come out till now. Is that true?”

Ck.

I nodded. “We were given loads of homework. If I wait until later to do them, I won’t get them finished today. They’re all due tomorrow.”

“Whoa... Sounds like hard work there, eh? Been there, done that.” She grinned at me and patted my head just before we reached the dining room.

I pulled my seat and, as expected, he was already seated across of me. Complete with his gross, munching machine mode.

Another perfect lunch.

“So,” Mom uttered when I was about to drink a glass of water, “have you done all of them?”

“All but Math. It’s reeeaaaally difficult!” I whined.

“Then why don’t you ask for Key’s help?” Dad chimed in.

I was choked and coughed for a few seconds before screeching, “What?!”

“What was that for?” Mom asked with an incredulous look on her face.

“Never mind.” I waved that aside and continued, “And no, I don’t want to bother him. He’s on his last year so I assume he has to study a lot. Is that right, Key-oppa?”

I believed a noticeable venom seeped through my last word so it made me even more aggravating when he ignored it and kept eating like there’s no tomorrow.

“And so you are.” Dad pointed with his words. “Teaching you Math will be like brushing up on his past lesson. Who knows it’ll come out on the national exam. Right, Key?”

He kept munching. I doubted he even heard what we were talking about. Just let him lost in his greedy world already!

“See?” I said matter-of-factly. “Come on, Mom, Dad. I can always ask for Yumi’s help. She’s always been on the top of the class.”

Mom narrowed her eyes at Key and said, “Is it true, Key? Do you really mind teaching your sister Math?”

We watched expectantly as he put his chopsticks then gulped down a big glass of water.

“As long as she doesn’t interfere in my privacy,” he said finally.

Excuse meeeehh??

I scoffed.

“It’s settled then. He’s teaching you Math from now on. Just ask for his help whenever you have difficulties,” Mom said with huge smile then continued her eating.

“Fine. If Key-oppa really don’t mind, I need his help to finish my homework this afternoon,” I said in defeat.

“I’m going out later. My only free time is now,” he said without even looked at me.

I scrunched my face.

I got the best brother in the world, didn’t I?

 

♀♂♀♂


Done!

It's longer than the previous ones so I hope you enjoy reading it.

Comments and subscribers are love! heart

 

Ray Gasan