05

Can't You See Me?

That night, Taemin couldn't sleep well. He tossed and he turned and he feels somehow uncomfortable. It's like he's forgetting something really important but he can't seem to remember what it is. Maybe I'm just nervous for tomorrow, he thought. But no, it feels different. He decided to call Sulli since she's the only one who can calm him down. He called her a few times but she won't answer. She might be asleep but even if she's sleeping, she would always answer his calls. This made Taemin even more nervous. Maybe something happened to Sulli, maybe that's why he's all nervous and messed up right now. He quickly jumped out of bed and changed into random clothes that doesn't even match together then quickly went to Sulli's apartment.

As he entered her apartment with the spare key that Sulli didn't even know he has, he felt weaker. His legs are trembling, hands shaking, and his breathing became faster.

"Sulli?" He called but no answer.

He walked towards her bedroom slowly. Hesitating, he reached for the door knob. His heart beats faster. Why am I feeling like this? He thought as he tried to calm his heart. He slowly turned the knob and opened the door. Not even opening it halfway, he stopped when he felt something bumped to the door. He took a peek through the narrow opening and looked at Sulli's bed but it's empty. How can she be not there? He looked around the room but she's nowhere to be found. Just then, he saw something lying on the floor. His eyes widen when he saw the one's he's looking for, lying unconscious on the floor. He quickly went in and pulled her nearer, her head resting on his lap.

"Sulli? Sulli! Ssul, wake up!" Taemin shook her but she just remained like that.

She looked so pale, it's like no blood is running through her body.

"Ssul, please don't do this to me. Wake up!" He shook her more, harder but still nothing.

He didn't know what to do. Tears are forming in his eyes. Drops of sweat can be seen on his forehead. He quickly carried her to his car, didn't even bother closing the doors and just drove to the nearest hospital. He shouted for help and soon the nurses came to him and brought Sulli to the emergency room.

He walked back and forth, waiting for the doctor to come out. His phone suddenly rang. He looked at it and saw his mom's caller ID. He sighed, of course she would call. What kind of mother won't get mad if she sees her son missing at this late hour.

"Yes, mom?" He picked up

"Taemin? Where the hell are you? Do you know what time it is? Come home right this instant."

He sighed. "Mom, I can't. I have a-" He stopped talking and closed his phone when he saw the doctor come out. He quickly ran to him and asked him

"How's she? What happened to her? Is she gonna be okay? Did she wake up already? I have to go see her!" Taemin was all panicking and tried to run towards the room but the doctor stopped him.

"She's okay now, you don't have to worry. She already gained her consciousness and now she's just resting. She was just stressed, that's all. For now, try to avoid making her sad, angry, depressed or something that may cause her an emotional breakdown. You can take her home now so she can rest better. You may see her." The doctor explained.

Taemin thanked the doctor and ran to her room. He saw her lying in the bed, awake but still looked weak. He slowly approached her, not wanting to startle her. As he came near, Sulli noticed a presence of someone and turned her head only to see the person she's craving for a long time now. She was so happy and yet so sad.

With a shaky voice and a trembling heart, "Taemin" was all she has managed to say. Tears were starting to form in her eyes. Seeing her this weak and in pain, his heart ached. He came nearer and hugged her tightly. Sulli was surprised but she loved it. It's been so long since Taemin and Sulli were together. Her heart couldn't take it anymore and she cried louder, saying nothing but his name.

Taemin... Taemin... Taemin... Taemin... Taemin...

Every time she says his name, it feels like his heart is being stabbed. He doesn't want to see her cry anymore.

"Shh stop crying, please." He hugged her tighter. "Please don't cry, Ssul. You might feel worse." He broke the hug and held her face, wiping her tears.

"Smile." He said "Smile for me, please?" He pleads but she still didn't smile. He pouts cutely and finally heard her chuckle.

"That's more like it." He smiled.

"Stop doing that, Taemin. It doesn't suit you." Sulli cringed her nose, pretending to be disgusted.

"What? But you said I'm cute when I'm doing this." He pouted once again.

She scoffed "When did I ever say that?" She laughed one more time and Taemin couldn't help it, he laughed with her.

Taemin laid beside Sulli and they spent the rest of the night talking and laughing 'til they eventually fell asleep. They looked comfortable next to each other. Their arms wrapped to each other's bodies, her head resting on his chest, their legs tangled with each other's, and a soft thick blanket protecting them from the cold. What could be more warmer and cozier than this. Cuddling with your loved one in the cold night.

They love each other so much. Truly, they do. But the thing is, he only loves her as a friend, but she loves him so much more than that.

Even in her sleep, even without noticing it, yet again, another tear dropped from her closed eyes. As painful as it is, she can't do anything about it because this is the reality. A cruel reality she never wanted.

--

How is it? Too angst-y? Haha when I was writing the ending part, I suddenly remembered Jjong's "Is this the reality that you wanted?" so I added that line to the story hahaha. Anyw, I hoped you enjoy this tho it's short. And sooo sorry for not updating for a while. OH GUYS! Have you seen Taestal in MBC Gayo Daejejun? I seriously cried when Taemin kissed and carried Krystal. I wonder what Sulli felt when she saw that... ehehe anyw, that's all for now. Please comment and HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!