Lazy Afternoon

Pictures of You.

~Min Jun's POV~

I took a deep inhale of the air around me. Fall is finally here. I grabbed the camera that hung around my neck and took a few photos of some children playing by an oak tree, it's leaves orange and falling around the children.

I smiled faintly, remembering the times when my friends and I would play around that same oak tree. I started walking around again. Usually, I take pictures of elderly couples, holding hands and sitting on benches together, pictures of young couples flirting with each other, pictures of children playing together. But today, however, what caught my interest was the scenery. The way the trees were different colors. Orange, yellow, red, light green, and some still dark green. The way the grass was taking on a yellowish-green color, not a dead color, but a vibrant shade.

I took a seat on an empty bench and looked at the sky. The blue was fading and giving way to the light pink. Clouds strolling across the sky, slowly. I grabbed my camera and took a picture. When I put my camera down, something caught my eye through the lenses. A beautiful flower. I stood and walked up to it. It was single rose, it stood out from the other red ones. This rose hand orange petals that faded into red tips. I took a couple of steps back, and pulled out my camera. Last one before the sunset, then I'm heading home to get these developed. When I pulled the camera to my eye, something caught me. Another person was taking a picture of the same rose. A girl. A beautiful girl.

"Uhm...excuse me?!" She shouted quietly at me. I watched her though my lenses. As she put her camera down, I follwed suite.

"Y-Yes?" I answered.

"Can you..uhm...possibly...go back towards the flower and act like you're taking a picture of it?" She asked. I cocked my head at her.

"It just...looked cute..." She mumbled. I laughed a little.

"Sure." I said, grabbing my camera and walking back up to it. I squatted next to the rose, pulled up my camera, and heard her squeal delightfully.

I stood up when she came towards me.

"Thank you." She said. I nodded in return, finally taking a picture of the flower.

"It's pretty isn't it?" She asked. I faced her.

"Yeah." I looked up towards the sky and sighed. The sunset is taking forever to get here.

"Is there something you are waiting for?" She asked. I faced her again and nodded my head towards my camera.

"I'm waiting for the sunset. So I can take a picture." I said. She giggled softly at me. "What? I like taking pictures." I said, defensivly. She put her hands up in surrender.

"Nothing." She said. "I like taking pictures to. Mostly of people though." She informed me.

"Ah, I like taking pictures of anything really..." I said. "But, I favor taking pictures of scenery. Its soothing." She smiled and nodded. We both started walking around the park, talking about random facts about ourselves. I learned that she, not only likes taking pictures, but likes dancing, singing, and rapping. I also found out that she loves kids. She also told me about how every time, her friend Ji Yeon tries to get her to try this sour candy, a ball of some sort hits her randomly. So now, she's weary of any type of ball and she doesn't like sour food.

I told her about my tendiancy to only eat sweet foods, and that I like coming to the park because it's peaceful and not too many people come.

We were both sitting on a bench, laughing at another one of her stories. Our laughter subsided and she looked towards the sky. Her eyes went wide and she quickly turned to me.

"Min Jun! The sun! It's setting!" She said, pointing to the now faded blue sky, the sun lowering into the ground. I grabbed my camera and a thought popped into my head.

"Hey, Hyomin?" She looked at me.

"Yeah?"

"Stand over there." I pointed back to the flower. She gave me a questioning look before shrugging and walking towards the rose. She squatted in front of it, her elbows on her knees and her head resting on her hands. She puffed her cheeks and I walked to the side of her and angled my camera to where the sunset framed her body and the rose. Carefully, I snapped the picture.

She slowly stood and looked at me.

"Well then Min Jun, it's been a pleasure talking to you, but I'm afraid I have to leave." She said and extended her hand towards me. I grabbed it, and gave it a little squeeze.

"Same here, Hyomin." I said. She smiled and wrapped her arms around me in a hug, taking me by suprise. She pulled back and grinned.

"How about we meet here tomorrow? We can talk some more. Maybe get some ice cream?" She asked. I smiled.

"Sure!" I responded, a little too eagerly. She laughed and started walking away. She put her hand in the air and shouted back to me, "See you tomorow, sweet Min Jun!"

I grabbed my camera and held it close to my chest, feeling a blush creep across my cheeks. "Yeah, see ya."