And he thought he has the upper hand

Because it's her legs

 

“Yah Choi.”

“Hmm?” Sooyoung didn’t bother to pry her eyes off the fashion magazine she was engrossed in.

Kyuhyun turned in his seat by the table, his laptop screen flashing a picture of a tall, well toned girl with a bright smile whose dress showed a tad too much of the leg.

Said girl was currently sprawled on his bed, wearing a too large shirt that leaves her right shoulder exposed and it’s so long that it almost hid the fact that she was wearing a pair of shorts underneath it. As she lazily flopped her legs up and down in an alternate manner, munching on a peppero stick with her hand supporting her chin, Kyuhyun held in a sigh.

He’d tried to prohibit her from wearing clothes that revealed too much or shirts that’s too big for her that it slips past her shoulders every time she moves. But would she listen? Nooooooooo.

Instead, she chose to be rebellious by wearing it every single time she’s with him.

Well, Kyuhyun consoled himself, at least she only wears it in front of him.

How did he know?

Call him a stalker, but Kyuhyun does keep tabs of her wherever she goes. Not because he’s some possessive guy, well…maybe he is, but because he feels protective of what’s his.

Same thing Kyu.His inner voice corrected him.

“Tear your eyes from the magazine and look at your boyfriend for a moment, will you?” He demanded, watching as she regretfully put the magazine away and half turn to look at him.

“Yes?” She gave him an innocent look, popping another stick of peperro into .

Bringing his laptop with him, he rolled his chair to his bedside and turned his screen in her direction.

“Care to tell me about this dress? That day, we were too busy that I don’t have the chance to interrogate you about this.” Kyuhyun pointed to the picture on his screen.

“It’s a beautiful piece, isn’t it? Coordi unnie said I fit that dress too well.” Sooyoung smiled, looking at the picture for the first time.

“Yes, it’s a beautiful piece. But you know I don’t mean that.” Kyuhyun tried to be patient with her.

“Ah crap. You mean those strings that look suspiciously like pubic hair at the center bottom of the dress, right. I swear oppa, I didn’t know about that. , I’ll just bet the anti-fans are having a field day with this.” Sooyoung smacked her forehead with her palm, burying her face against his pillow.

“You’ll still look good even if those are real pubic hair. Though I’ll kill you first if you ever went commando. But that’s not it. Don’t act stupid Soo.” Kyuhyun thought that had the situation been different, he would be laughing his off at the  photo like what Sooyoung has predict.

Lifting her face off from his pillow, she gave him a confused look.

This time, Kyuhyun sighed in frustration.

Trust him to love a girl who’s far too dense for her own good… But it’s what drew him in, and kept him from lashing out at her.

“Choi, look at the picture from my point of view and tell me what would displease you most.” Kyuhyun purposely point that the area of attention.

“Erm… I look too gorgeous? Well, apart from the puffy hair.” Sooyoung pouted.

“OKOK! I’m kidding. The dress is far too short for your liking, revealed way too much of the legs that you worshipped everyday and fits me like a second skin.” Sooyoung backpedalled when Kyuhyun look as those he’s going to throw his computer on the floor and pounce on her.

“So, you know. And?”

“And…?” Sooyoung couldn’t fake her confusion this time.

“AND YOU DIDN’T BOTHER TO CONSULT ME ABOUT THIS SO THAT I CAN AT LEAST PREPARE MYSELF FROM THE SHOCK DURING THE CONFERENCE?! Had I not bother to surf the web, I could have totally forgotten about lecturing you about the dress!” Kyuhyun didn’t bother to tone his voice down.

The members are too used to Kyuhyun’s lecture on Sooyoung’s dressing every time Sooyoung came over to be flustered over his loud tone.

Sooyoung winced as she hugged the lone soft toy that was on his bed. The soft toy that they’d both won during their first date.

“Oppa, keep your voice down please. I didn’t tell you because I knew you’d react this way. Plus, you can’t do anything about it since its Coordi Unnie’s choice to make. And I wanted to see that priceless expression you have every time I managed to shock you with my dressing. But you got to admit, you love it. Since my precious legs are for you to ogle at.” Sooyoung grinned, waving her legs at him.

“Pfft. You mean for the world to look at. Plus, I was so far away from you during the conference, I can only see Tiffany and Seohyun’s head. I almost fell asleep had I not have to keep an eye on those lecherous idiots sitting around you.” Kyuhyun caught her legs with one hand, smacking it down on his bed to keep it from distracting him, though Sooyoung noticed how his thumb is moving back and forth on her ankle.

“You are so possessive.” Sooyoung teased.

 Placing his laptop by his bedside table, Kyuhyun braced his hands on either side of her body, caging Sooyoung in on his bed as he leaned down close to her.

“That was what I warned you when I asked you to be my girlfriend.” He bit off the rest of her peppero stick, making sure his lips brushed lightly against hers.

Sooyoung smiled at him, not one bit intimidated by the close proximity that Kyuhyun imposed. Instead, she leaned close to off the bit of crump from the corner of his lips and smiled in satisfaction when he backed off a bit.

“When did you even grow to be so bold?” Kyuhyun’s tone was not completely dissatisfied.

“When I learnt that I have to turn the table onto my boyfriend once in a while.” Sooyoung took a new peppero and began munching on it again as she took his laptop.

“Plus, if you’re so bothered, I don’t mind you flashing your legs off to the world too. Well, except that you might want to shave off those leg hairs first before doing the flashing. Anyway, we’re even since you did the duet with Seo.” Sooyoung didn’t bother looking up at him from his laptop.

“What do you mean?! That was pre-planned! I can’t reject it!” Kyuhyun retorted.

“Well, my dress is pre-planned too. So see! We’re even.”

“Yeah right. You could have requested for another dress. Plus! Knowing that you’re wearing such a dress, can’t you walk in a smaller steps?!”

“Ah, we’re back to that huh. Didn’t you see how the crews were rushing me onto the platform? Had it not been for you there to guide me to my position, I would have led the girls here and there like Teukkie oppa!” Sooyoung giggled at the memory of Super Junior’s leader being a klutz during the conference.

“You could have still take small steps AND walk faster. Had you been sitting in front of me, I would have gladly throttled you from the back.”

“Keep lying to yourself Hon. You’d rather kill yourself than harm me. Which is why I dare to go against you as and when I want to.” Sooyoung flashed a grin at him.

Kyuhyun knew she’s right. He’d rather kill himself than do anything to hurt her. Which was why he was so reluctant in agreeing to the duet.

It felt so wrong on every level.

But most importantly, he knew that it was because it wasn’t Sooyoung he was singing with. Which resulted in the slightly awkward performance as his mind keeps drifting to the long legged girl in front of him.

“What are you looking at?” Kyuhyun got up from where he sat at the foot of the bed, scooting her off from the headboard as he positioned himself behind her, his legs framing hers while his arms were wrapped loosely around her waist.

“This.” She replied with a hint of cheekiness as she hit the play button to the video of his duet with SeoHyun.

Kyuhyun groaned against her neck, drowning in his own misery as his girlfriend watched him acting intimate with her band mate.

Sooyoung’s suddenly tensed body had him looking up to his laptop to see that the fan captured his unconscious rubbing of his thumb against Seohyun’s hand.

! Way to go, Cho.

“I… That wasn’t intentional! Heck I didn’t even know I did that till I saw this!” Kyuhyun tried to salvage the situation only to be greeted with silence as Sooyoung continued watching the performance till the end.

“Ah~ your voice and Seo’s voice sure are heavenly. Why didn’t I get such a great voice?” Sooyoung complained as she relaxed back against him.

“That’s it? You’re not angry at me?” Kyuhyun was baffled by her… again.

“Angry at you? You want me to be? Hah! Come on Cho, I’m not that petty. I know you did that because you were nervous. Don’t you know you can’t keep your thumb still when you’re nervous or at a loss?” Sooyoung took his hand in hers and started rubbing her thumb back and forth against his knuckle.

“Soo…”

“I know. I’m the best damn thing that ever happened to you.” Sooyoung smirked, a smile that was too damn similar to the ones he’d always used on her when they started dating.

Ah… Those were the times when Sooyoung was still being the feminine and sweet girl, unable to completely be comfortable with him. How she’d turned the table once they’d grown to accustom to each other till she’d the upper hand in this relationship.

But he knew that he still has his advantage over her.

“Ah oppa. I have to get back to the dorm already. Mama Taeng says to be back by 11pm and it’s already 10.15pm already! Damn. I do lose track of time with you. “With that, she turned to give him a proper kiss before grabbing her stuff.

At his door, she paused and turned to look at him.

“Oppa.”

“Hmmm?”

“You might want to take a look at the new window I opened for you at the tab there. We’re now even because you did that hand touching thing with Seohyun. Remember I love you.” With that hurried message, she quickly slammed the door close as he heard Ryeowook sending her off the door.

Puzzled and feeling a sense of trepidation, he opened the Internet window that she’d mentioned and knew the exact reason why she was so understand with his duet and his thumb brushing gesture.

“YAH CHOI SOO YOUNG YOU GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANCE!” He roared, stomping out of his room to see Ryeowook looking at him in shock with no trace of Sooyoung anywhere.

“S…Sooyoung left a few seconds ago.” Ryeowook told him cautiously before running off to his room.

Damn. He’d scared his hyung again.

But how can he not be furious when he saw her concept for SNSD’s Japan debut?

On the screen of the Internet browser was a picture of their Japan debut CD flipped to the page where Sooyoung’s picture was on display… And most of it was thosebare mile long legs that he’d prohibited her to flash on display too frequently.

Kyuhyun sighed in defeat.

And he thought he still has an upper hand when it comes to Sooyoung.