Oh Granny Promises

Cold Shoulders, Soft Heart

 

“Annyeong hasaeyo. I’m Jessica Jung of SNSD It’s nice to meet you.” Jessica introduced herself to the two strangers, bowing at a 90 degree angle. The excited young girl clapped gleefully while the old woman looked at her from head-to-toe, examining her and then smiled.

“You look so nice and beautiful, young lady.”  She complimented, making the blonde blush and giggle.

“Thank you, halmeoni.”

“Annyeong hasaeyo. I’m Minyoung Kang and this is my grandma Ji Hyoen. I’ve always been a big fan of yours, unnie!” Minyoung posed a peace at her. She seemed to tear up after meeting her favorite idol. It was like a dream come true for her.

“Yah Minyoung-ah. Control yourself.” Onew commanded, sitting on the floor. Minyoung mouthed an ‘Oppa back off’.  Jessica sat beside him, feeling tad shy and embarrassed. She still had no idea why she was here. She felt awkward.

“I apologize on behalf of my rude granddaughter. She has always wanted to met you.” Grandma said while Minyoung whispered ‘Halmeoni even you!’.

She smiled. “No, it’s alright.”

 

Onew placed a paper bag (that Jessica just noticed, was he carrying that earlier?) on the small coffee table and pushed it towards grandma. “Ah, halmeoni. My mother wanted to give you this for always taking care of me. It’s chicken soup!” He almost sang the last part. Onew loves his chicken.

“Your mom shouldn’t have. Always bringing stuff over.” Grandma ruffled Onew’s hair and it came to a mess. “You’re such a good boy. Tell your mom thanks.” Grandma grinned and glanced at her granddaughter. “Why don’t you prepare some food for the guests?”

“Ugh halmeoni!” Minyoung complained again and put a disapproving face. Her granny is always making her do things she didn’t want to do… and in front of her idol too!

“Aish! This child!”

“Arasou, arasou.” She stood and grabbed the paper bag up before her grandmother’s hand landed on her lap. She stuck her tongue out, waved at Jessica and said, “I’ll be back, unnie.”

“I’ll help out.” Onew patted the blonde’s shoulders. She frowned; worried that it may become awkward with granny if he lives, but Onew just grinned and left her.

 

Jessica examined the room. It was small, no bigger that SNSD’s living room. There was a small kitchenette near the entrance and another door, she assumed to be the bathroom. There were a few furniture and appliances, like a four-set of drawers with pictures on top of it, a coffee table, a running TV and a lamp. The bed sheets were fold neatly beside the drawers. On the entrance were only four shoes (excluding hers and Jinki’s). Despite the small space, it gave a vibrant and tidy feeling.

“I’m sorry our home is really small.” Grandma said, pursing her lips, turning like a straight line. She lowered her head.

Jessica, alerted by the abrupt change of granny’s expression, shook her and apologized. “It’s not that, halmeoni. It feels really comfy here. Reminds me of home.”

Grandma chuckled, again startling the blonde with her change of mood. Are grandmothers always like that? “How nice of you.” She was probably the reason why she felt at ease. She gave the aura of a kind person, who wouldn’t judge someone base on his/her appearance or actions. It made her less giddy.

“Halmeoni, can I ask a question?”

“Go ahead.”

“How did you and Jinki meet?” It had been on her mind the moment she entered the room. It was wary because he is an idol and his schedules were fully packed. He wouldn’t have time to meet with people.

Grandma nodded, looking like she estimated her question. “We aren’t really related or anything. No connections at all. That boy was nice enough to help me when I fanted, a few years back. He brought me to a nearby clinic and even helped me get home. He’s been coming over ever since.”

Wow. He’s so nice. How can on person possess such good characters? “Really?”

“Yeah. That boy has a kind and gentle heart. Even when he’s famous he still remembers us, ordinary people. I’m quite worried about him. He sees exhausted all the time.”

Well that was one of the perks of being a star. There’s no wonder about that. Once you become an idol, you won’t have time to rest. You sleep will be shorter, you won’t get decent meals. Your schedule for the whole week will be jam-packed. Of course in every downside, there’s always a gain. You just have to know what is what.

“Will you promise me something dear?” Grandma looked at her sternly. Jessica nodded. “Promise me you’ll look after Jinki. Make sure he doesn’t get depress.” 

___

I'm a lazy writer who loves posting random pictures even though they have no relevance to the story.

Listening to: Lucifer by SHINee. 

The next chapter will be loner. :P 

I promise.

I should write more skinship. XD