Happily Ever After, Again

Dance With My Father

Once upon a time, everyone’s having fun at the gatherings outside of the Hyuuga Manor. The entire invited guest are busy talking to each other’s company, they’re talking for the lost time they haven’t seen each other and what happened from past years.

“Today is a very, very, very special day for me. It’s not my birthday but I can feel that there’s something special that will happen tonight.” A teenager girl with a long auburn hair and a pair of crimson eyes speaks on stage.

“Today is my mother’s birthday! I know all of you in this small garden of us know my Mom.” Everyone laugh because the small garden she’s talking about isn’t small at all. “Let me introduce to you first who really Mikan Sakura Azumi Yukihara Hyuuga is for me. Long name, isn’t it?” The crowd gives her a loving laugh especially the one with a long auburn hair and a pair of hazel orb eyes who’s sitting beside a woman with amethyst eyes and raven hair that reached her shoulder, and a man with blond hair and a pair of deep blue eyes.

“She’s 35 years old. Young, isn’t it? She is just like my sister when you look at us together. She’s a very kind hearted woman, a very loving mother and a very good citizen of our country.” She looks at her mother and gives her a smile. “These past few years, I can see, she never gives up in every challenge in life. She’s a strong woman.” Everyone agrees.

 “Mom, can you stand up with me here on stage?” Mikan stands up and walks towards the stage with her daughter. “Everyone, let’s sing her a happy birthday song.” She said, and then a lad with blonde hair and amethyst eyes started to play his violin. He’s Hoshiro, son of Ruka and Hotaru. Everyone’s happily singing while clapping their hands.

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday, happy birthday

Happy birthday dear Mikan

After singing, everyone applauses their hands and greeted the birthday celebrant.

“Happy birthday Mom!” The teenager said then kisses her mom.

“Thank you very much Namiko.” Mikan returns the kiss. She then looks in front and give a speech.

“First of all, thank you very much for spending my birthday with me. I really don’t want to celebrate my birthday this way but I guess it’s a good thing for us to be gathering around again. It’s been so long since the incident at the academy, and here we are now, having a good time together.

To Narumi-Sensei, Serina-Sensei, Jinno-Sensei, Fukutan-Sensei, Misaki Sensei, Noda-Sensei, Hiimemiya-Samoa, and Uncle Kazu, and to all faculty and staff of the academy, thank you very much for attending my birthday party.

And also to Nobara, Tsubasa-sempai, Misaki-sempai, Kaname-sempai, Tono-sempai, Subaru-sempai and Shuichi sempai and to all my sempais, I am very happy to see and be with you again.

To all my friends and former classmates in Gakuen Alice, the class 2B, Anna, Nonoko, Permy, Yuu, Koko, Kitsu, Mochu, Wakoko, Hoshio, Ruka and to my best friend, Hotaru, I am very grateful to spend my birthday with you all.  I know you all have your own family too right? I hope Natsume’s with us.” She said, while teary eyed when she said his name. And then smiled and continued.

“To my kohai, Yoichi and my sister-in-law, Aoi, to bear-san and Piyo and Penguin, glad to see you here!” She paused, “Papa.” She looks at her father-in-law, he smiled at her.

“Persona, Luna and Reo and the others I haven’t mentioned, thank you very much for attending. It’s not the presents that count; it’s the presence of each and every one. Once again, thank you very much. I hope you’ll enjoy the day with me today.” She said then goes back to her seat. Namiko goes back to the front and speaks again.

 “We all know that the only man that has been by her side, my loving father, Natsume Hyuuga, was long gone.” Everyone’s expression suddenly changes when she said that name. Their eyes are telling that they’re longing with him. “Yeah, I know. You all miss him. I miss him too like you do. And of course, I know that you miss him so much Mom.” She wipes her tears.

“I don’t want this happy celebration to become a sad celebration just because he’s not here anymore. I know it has been many years that he has gone but he’s always here, in our hearts.” She said while pointing at her heart. “So, dad, I am always praying that we can celebrate mom’s birthday with you again, wherever you are, I hope you’re happy there in heaven with grandma Yuka and Kaoru and with grandpa Izumi.” She said while looking up, she can see their happy reflection of the beautiful sky, smiling back at her.

She looks at the crowd again. “He may not be with us but I know, someday, somehow, we can be together again.”

She looks at everyone and then said, “Thank you mom for loving me all these years, I hope you’ll never get tired of loving us because I know, we will always live in your heart. I’m proud of you.”

A man entered in the entrance. He looks around and then he saw her, the woman who has a long wavy auburn hair, wearing a long halter red dress. The woman he’s been longing to be with for a long time. She’s looking at the stage.

Heart beats fast

Colors and promises

How to be brave

He looks at where she and everyone is looking at, the teenager who looks exactly like her when she was still her age, having a long auburn hair. He can see clearly that the girl has a pair of crimson eyes even though the teenage girl didn’t notice him yet. How he misses the two girls in his life.

How can I love when I'm afraid to fall

But watching you stand alone

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer

 “This song is my special gift for you, Mom. I love you very much! Happy, happy birthday!” She said then sits down in front of the piano and started to play the keys. Tsukasa, daughter of Tsubasa and Misaki is the guitarist, and Hoshiro, the drummer.

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

He stops where he’s standing and watches her from the stage. When she started to play the piano and sing, he was mesmerized by her voice, he miss her singing to him.

Back when I was a child

Before life removed all the innocence

My father would lift me high

And dance with my mother and me and then

This song is portraying their life. The happy life they’ve been missing before he has gone. They will have a picnic together with Hotaru and Ruka’s family. Without music, Natsume will dance with Mikan and Namiko will join them.

Spin me around ‘til I fell asleep

Then up the stairs he would carry me

And I knew for sure, I was loved

When Nami will fall asleep while they’re watching movies, Natsume will carry her towards her bedroom and when he learned that Nami’s faking her sleep, he will tickle her in the bed.

If I could get another chance

Another walk, another dance with him

I’d play a song that would never ever end

How I’d love, love, love, to dance with my father again

Natsume and Mikan were alternately reading bed stories to Namiko every night.

When I and my mother will disagree

To get my way I would run from her to him

He'd make me laugh just to comfort me

Yeah, yeah, then finally make me do just what my mama says

She can still remember when he went on a mission that night, it’s the final mission attached to him, to kill the ESP when they learned that the ESP’s still alive and has been continuing his wrong doings.

She waked up that night when she felt something’s wrong. She went to her parents’ bedroom. She stops when she heard some talking.

“I’ll come back as soon as I can. You should wait here and stay with Namiko. If we don’t finish him, he’ll come here and get you, and maybe Namiko. She inherited your alices.” He said while hugging her and kissing her forehead.

Later that night when I was asleep

He left a dollar under my sheet

Never dreamed that he would be gone from me

Come back home alive Natsume! I’ll wait for you! Me and Namiko.” She heard her mother say while sobbing. She went inside to ask what’s happening and why does her father leaving.

“Daddy, Mommy!” She called them while rubbing her eyes. They both look at her.

“Come here Namiko.” Her father called her. She walks near them. Her father hugs her. “Take care of your mother while I’m gone, okay?”

She nods and then asked, “Where are you going?”

“Daddy has something to do but I’ll come back soon! Be a good girl, and always listen to Mommy, okay?” He asked.

“Okay! Nami will be a good girl and will always listen to Mommy. I promise!” He said while giving him a pinky swears. Natsume smiled and give her a pinky swears. He hugs her while kneeling down. And then he hugs her mother with her.

If I could steal one final glance

One final step, one final dance with him

I'd play a song that would never ever end

'Cause I'd love, love, love, love to dance with my father again

That was the last time they saw him. She always wakes up at night dreaming that her father’s humming a song for her but when she opens her eyes, there’s no one beside her. She will go to her mother to make her comforts her but always ended up outside her door, listening to her sobs. She then told herself to be strong for her mother and for the twins.

Sometimes I’d listen outside her door

And I’d hear how my mama cried for him

I pray for her even more than me

I pray for her even more than me

If she will be given a chance to wish, even just a single wish! She wishes to bring her father back to her mother.

I know, I’m praying for much too much

But could You send back the only man she loved

I know You don’t do it usually

But dear Lord she’s dying to dance with my father again

Every night I fall asleep and this is all I ever dream

I know You don’t do it usually

But dear Lord she’s dying to dance with my father again

She wipes her tears. After the song, the crowd gives her a round of applause. She stands up with her band mate and they bow.

“Thank you very much!” She said at the microphone. She looks around again but someone at the entrance gate caught her attention, she blinks, once, twice but the figure never gone. Maybe it’s just her imagination, she hurt herself but he’s still there, looking at her while smiling. The mic falls down from her hand making irritable noise.

Time stands still

Beauty in all she is

I will be brave

The entire people look at her worriedly including her mother. They’ve got curious and look at where she is looking. They’re all gasped when they saw who it was. The last person to look was Mikan.

I will not let anything take away

What's standing in front of me

Every breath

Every hour has come to this

One step closer

She gasped after seeing him. She put her hand in to prevent herself from crying. When she makes sure she isn’t dreaming, she runs to where he was standing while looking at her.

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

“Natsume!” She hugs him. He hugs her back.

“Sorry I’m late. Happy birthday Mikan!” He whispers in her ears. Mikan burst out crying into his chest.

And all along I believed I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me

I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

“You’re alive? I miss you so much Natsume! It’s been 5 years, where have you been all this time?” She said while sobbing.

“I miss you too, love! And I am not going anywhere without you anymore. Since the night I have remembered everything, there’s no night without you in my mind. All I wanted is to go home with you and Nami but fate didn’t allow me.” He gently said while brushing her hair.

One step closer

One step closer

“Daddy!” Natsume look at the teenage girl who called him.

“Namiko!” He called her. She runs to where her parents are and hug them.

“I miss you so much Daddy!” She cried.

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

“Me too darling, have you been good to your Mother? You’re taller now.” He asked and kisses her head. His eyes are teary too. He misses his family so much. Glad to be home, finally. “I’ve watched your performance darling and I am so proud of you.” He said. Everyone clap their hands while witnessing their happy family reunion.

And all along I believed I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me

I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

“Mommy!” A voice called from behind, he’s pulling Mikan’s dress. Natsume look at the small boy from behind whose thumb and a little girl behind him. The little boy and girl has a raven hair too and a crimson eyes like him. He looks like young Natsume while the girl looks like young Mikan. The little girl’s hair is tied into two.

 Mikan and Nami look at the twins too.

“Natsume, kneeled down and rub the twins head. “And who might you be, young man, young lady?” He asked. Suddenly he noticed his hair is burning. Everyone laugh including Mikan and Namiko.

“I am not a young man! Why are you making Mommy cried? Who are you?” He then looks at Mikan and said, “Don’t worry mommy, I will protect you!” Natsume look at him dumbfounded while killing the fire in his head using his alice, a small smile filled his lips. Namiko can’t stop laughing.

Mikan kneeled down and look at the twins. “Minato,” she said to the young boy. “Minako,” she then looks at the young girl. “This man is your father. So be good and introduce yourself to him. Okay? He didn’t know you.”

“Daddy came back from heaven Mommy?” Minako asked.

“He didn’t just come back. He will stay with us forever!” She said.

“Yehey!” She cheered.

“You mean that this twin is my children?” Natsume asked Mikan.

“Our children Natsume.” She corrected.

“Mommy didn’t know she was pregnant when you left daddy.” Namiko said.

“I am twelve weeks pregnant when you left, I didn’t know until several days later.” Mikan said. “I am really happy when I gave birth to them, how I wished you’re here.” She becomes teary eyed again.

“Shh. Don’t cry love, I am here now.” Natsume said then kissed her head.

“Hey daddy, I am Minako Hyuuga, four years old. I like milk and strawberry ice cream.” She said while her hands on her back and she’s bowing down.

Natsume kneeled down and look at her. “Nice meeting you Minako.” He said and hugs her, she hugs him back. He then looks at the young boy.

Minato lifts her right hand to make a handshake. “Minato Hyuuga.” He simply said. Natsume didn’t return the handshake, instead he hugs him but Minato pushes him. “Men don’t hug men.” All of them smiled. He is like Natsume when he was still young.

Natsume rubs his hair then hugs him again. Minato did not complain and just let him. Mikan, Namiko and Minako join in the hug.

“The best birthday I ever had!” Mikan exclaimed. She’s very happy.

The entire guests are sobbing while witnessing the scene.

Namiko called her little sister and brother away from her parents. She’s giving them a moment together. She went upstairs on stage.

“I am scared Natsume. I don’t want to close my eyes. I’m afraid that any moment you’ll be gone from me. If this is a dream, I don’t want to wake up anymore.” Mikan emotionally said.

“Shh. I won’t leave you again Mikan. I promised.” He said while holding her chin. They are dancing without music in the middle of the dance floor. They’re looking at each other’s eyes. He then kissed her.

I was a quick wet boy

Diving too deep for coins

All of your street light eyes

Wide on my plastic toys

They didn’t notice that Namiko and the band are playing a song for them. Namiko’s playing the piano; Tsukasa plays the drums while Hoshiro sings while playing the guitar.

Then when the cops closed the fair,

I cut my long baby hair

Stole me a dog-eared map

And called for you everywhere

Every couple walks on the dance floor to dance with the couple.

Have I found you?

Flightless bird

Jealous, weeping or lost you?

American mouth

Big pill looming

When the kiss ended, Mikan and Natsume dance with the others. They are holding each other, afraid of the music to end. They wanted the moment to last forever.

Now I am a fat house cat                        

Nursing my sore blunt tongue

Watching the warm poison rat

Curl through the wide fence cracks

Pissing on magazine photos

Those fishing lures

Thrown in the cold and clean

Blood of Christ mountain stream

Minato and Minako join their parents dancing.

Have I found you?

Flightless bird

Grounded, weeping or lost you?

American mouth

Big pill stuck going down

Ooooooooooooh…

Ooooooooooooh…

They all thought that Natsume died along with the ESP when the bomb explodes in the assassination of the ESP. But he didn’t, he survives. Someone saved him. The assassination was successful.

Natsume was in a coma for one year and when he wakes up, he didn’t remember anything for three years. He works with the one who saved him. He was called red eyes.

An accident explosives explodes that makes his memory come back and remember everything including his family. But he can’t go home because the one who saved him is a terrorist. He works for them for another year before they permitted him to go home and never come back because his debt has been repaid. The one saved him was the only one who knows his real identity after he recovers his memory.

After the song, Namiko and the band play another song.

“Are you ready to make more children?” He whispered.

“Natsume!” Mikan exclaimed.

“Just wanna make up for the lost time Love.” He said then kisses her again.

This time, they are hoping nothing can make them apart again. They will fight for their love ‘till the end. They’re very happy to be with each other’s arms again.

They married again after two months.

And they live happily ever after.

Again.

-The End-


Author’s Note:

If you’re asking about the title of the songs and the singers, here it is: Dance with My Father by Celine Dion, Flightless Bird by Iron and Wine, and A Thousand Years (the background song) by Christina Perri.