Missing

(You're) a piece of me

 

There he stood, his mouth slightly gaping and his eyes were wide open. A few metres in front of him was her; the girl that left years ago–the girl he thought he would never see again. She wasn’t looking at him, but he knew that it was her.

She looked much more mature, now. Her pixie cut hair was no more; she had shoulder length, brunette locks now. Her eyes were bright–as she flashed a smile on the street vendor she was buying from. As she looked up from the vendor, their eyes met.

Kyuhyun’s eyes never left Sooyoung’s, it had been years since they last met and he was glad to see her again. She flashed a smile at him, before slightly bowing, which he replied with the same action and after that, she walked away.

He frowned; he thought she was going to at least greet him and talk for a bit–but no, she had just smiled, bowed and simply walk away to the crowds of thousands. Kyuhyun wanted to know what she had been up to during the years that they were away from each other; he wanted to know how she was living now–was she still the same old shikshin that he knew? Is she in a relationship? Or perhaps, she was already married and had children?

Kyuhyun was shaken out of his thoughts as his wife shook him, getting his attention.

“Let’s go, I’m done,” she told him and pulled him away. He nodded, walking away with her but not without one last look at the spot where Sooyoung had been.


“Who were you bowing to?” Soojin asked her sister, not long after they had met each other,

“You saw that?” Sooyoung replied, surprised that her sister saw her bowing to a stranger

“Yep,”

“I don’t know who he was…but he seemed familiar. I saw him looking at me and thought that he seemed familiar, so I smiled and bowed at him–it felt like the right thing to do,”

At this, Soojin was slightly taken aback. “Well, maybe it’s your old classmate or an acquaintance,” she told Sooyoung, shrugging her shoulders while telling her.

“Yeah, maybe,”

“How did he look like? Was he cute?” Soojin asked her, trying to lighten up the conversation–and to fill her own curiosity,

“He had jet black hair, he was kinda tall and he had rather really fair skin…” Sooyoung trailed off, nodding her head. “He was handsome, not cute,” Sooyoung added as a last pointer. At this, Soojin looked at her sister,

‘I think I know who you’re talking about, Sooyoung…all this time we thought your memory was intact, but you forgot him…’ Soojin thought, smiling at her sister.

“Well, at least you smiled and bowed at someone who was handsome,” Soojin said and winked at Sooyoung, who just rolled her eyes in return,

“Why are you my older sister…”


“To me, living means to be able to do whatever you want to do…no restrictions whatsoever,” Sooyoung told him, “so, let’s live–and let life takes us along,”

Kyuhyun agreed, “Okay. So if life wants us back together, we’ll see each other again?”

She smiled at him, “most definitely.”