My Only One

Back To You

Ji Woon snickered as she hid herself in the huge empty basin, thinking that the boy would not notice her being in that enclosed space. "Yah Park Jiwoon!" A familiar voice rang in her ears as Kikwang, her best friend, called. She stayed still, her breathing from a normal one to a quieter one. Kikwang walked towards the basin, his footsteps getting louder and louder when...."BOO!"

Jiwoon shrieked at the sudden shout, her arms flailed wildly as she tilted the basin, making her whole hiding place fall and revealing the sheepish expression that hung on her face. "You Pabo! You ran away just because I stole your ice cream!" Kikwang scolded, his face pale with worry. Jiwoon giggled "I was just kidding around Kwangie~"

They were best friends, like brothers and sisters, not more than that. But all that happened 11 years ago.

-

Jiwoon sighed as her hands closed the locker, another day, another week, another month. It was all the same every single hour that's ticking off the clock, college was never fun. She wished she was back to her childhood, she missed Kikwang.

As for Kikwang, he was travelling, he was a superstar and everybody's idol. Who is she to be compared to him right now? She wasn't even sure if he still remembered her, it's been 3 freaking years since he was gone.

She walked to her next class, hating the fact that she was always teased on being a so called, "liar" as she once showed a picture of her and Kikwang to her friends, and of course, they didn't believe her.

Pabokwang, she thought, why must you be so far away? I can't reach for you idiot, even if I open the windows and stretch out for the skies, I still can't see you. Jiwoon sighed as the usual rambling of girls talking about her childhood friend, cute, handsome, cool. Cool my , she scrunched her nose in disgust, that pabo is anything but cool, and she knows that.

It was maths, death bed. Her mind swirled with equations as the lesson passed by in a hurl, thinking about 'Kiwi'. She packed her bags as the bell rang, last class of the day over, home. Her daily schedule, following it like a robot.

For the umpteen time that day, she signed as her legs took her through the familiar route, "Chinaga shigan nul ichi ryoe haejo. Jiwo ji ji an nah..." She chanted one of Kikwang's lines from his song. 'Back to you' was the title, how ironic, he never came back even after 3 years.

Jiwoon flopped down the sofa once she's home, switching on the TV as she munched on her dinner alone with her parents at work, eyes transfixed at the screen. Apparently, Kikwang was on it again, an interview and right on the question, 'What would you do if you had a week off?'

The answer made Jiwoon's eyes widened, "I would like to go back to Daegu and spend time with my childhood friend" That was all it takes to get her hopes back up slightly higher, Friend, not Friends.

She smiled to herself, it was still the old Kikwang after all, he never did change or got vain.

~

4th.August.2012

Months passed, she's been too busy with her studies and life, not to mention she even forgot that today was her birthday. It was 7 pm, and she just reached the doorstep of her house. Going in, her eyes scanned the dark room, feeling a few souls looking at her, she clicked on the switch.

Light flickered and lit up the room, he eyes were blinded and her heart stopped when poppers where exploding, streamers, candies, glitter, all varieties of food, was infront of her. A big banner was hanging steadily on the ceiling.

'Saeng il Chuka Hae, Jiwoon' it read. She was bewildered and touched as she totally forgot, she turned a year older today.

Her mom, dad, little sister, And Kikwang stood infront of her. Kikwang. Yes. LEE KIKWANG. Oh how surprised she was. Her mind whirled, she was speechless.

"H-how did this....?" She choked on her tears of joy. Kikwang chuckled, "I was back 2 days ago, and planned this along with your parents, since you were hardly at home, it wasn't that hard" He stretched, "Man! That hiding place of mine was squeezing the last of my breath!" He laughed.

"Happy Birthday Jiwoon" the four of them echoed as they shared the joyous meal. It was the happiest day in her life, could anything get any better?

-

Kikwang and Jiwoon was out in the nearby park where they used to play, her party was over and she was ushered out by Kikwang to this place full of memories. Jiwoon was still weirded out by his slightly nervous behaviour but shrugged it off.

"Jiwoon.... There's something I've got to tell you" his voice wobbly and nervous, fiddling with his fingers. "Yeah? What?" She turned to face the guy, her eyes boring into his. "I don't know how to put this, b-but ever since I've been out being an idol, I've missed being with you and..." He stopped, grabbing and practically pulling his hair out while Jiwoon stood there, still not getting it.

"I mean, we've been friends for a long time now r-right? And so...Aish... I am going nuts...." He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Spit it out pabo!" Jiwoon laughed at him, still oblivious of his current, crazy attitude. Actions speaks louder than words. Within seconds, Kikwang leaned and sweetly kissed her lips, pulling away almost immediately.

"During my world tour I was thinking about you everytime, its like a hole in me waiting to be filled, so I knew, you're the only one for me" he shyly looked down, "Heck, believe it or not, I've even quit my job, I want to lead a normal life" he sighed. "But my life isn't complete without you"

"So will you please, Go out with me?"

That line hit her hard, she had been thinking about it and slowly, the pieces began filling in together. She loves Kikwang, that was why she was irritated by his fangirls, and thinking about him often. It really was love. She was too oblivious to her own feelings.

"Y-yes" she stuttered out, her cheeks extremely red as her heart fluttered.

He smiled at her and hugged tight, being over the moon and he laughed to himself cutely, "I LOVE PARK JIWOON FOREVER!" He shouted to the sky, vocal lessons worked after all.

"YAH! PABO!" Jiwoon squealed after him, hitting his shoulders and pouting. Kikwang chuckled and pulled her into a sweeter kiss, his arms wrapping around the petite body, "I love you" he whispered and giggled.

"I love you too"

 

 

heart

-----------------------------------------------

..........I'm SO. ........ AMAZED. At myself ._. <3 JIWOON BABY, NEVER BETRAY KIKWANG OR I'LL SLAUGHTER YOU LIKE A FREAKING PIG. I DROPPED MY PRIDE OF FOR THIS 3