Chapter 1

Death's Embrace

Written by Mangeooy (Me!)

Sweat dripped off her face. It was like silk slipping off her delicate smooth skin. Her looks were deceiving, but she never showed it. A soft cry ran through her head. The crying became gradually louder, a baby’s cry. She flinched forward, becoming frustrated. She punched the rubber dummy and it flew backwards on the cold wooded floor.

She let out a breath as both her hands slammed against the floor. Her breathing was heavy. She trained too much today.

‘I have to keep on fighting,’ she thought.

The crying came back. It was like a loud ring to her ears. There was crying as well as yelling, pleading for mercy, fire cracking in the background.

She got up on her feet and lurched towards the dummy, flying on top of it with non-stop throws of punches. She let out grunts that echoed throughout the whole room. In a matter of minutes of punching it, it was already ripped into pieces. She gritted her teeth; her body was shaking, full of perspiration. Her eyes were bloodshot, her black hair loosely in a pony tail and disheveled over her face.

The door flew open and she turned around. She got up. “Lyssa, what is it now?” her voice was small, almost like a child’s voice.

“Mai, I just got a call from the boss, we have a meeting,” she told her and walked away. She looked back and forth around the big training room and then grabbed her bag. Mai caught up with Lyssa easily. “You’ve been training yourself way too hard. Maybe you should take a break from it all.”

“No,” Mai said coldly. Lyssa turned around and looked at her friend. “I won’t stop.”

“Fine, let’s go then.” Lyssa lead Mai to the front door of the safe house. Lyssa knew not to push Mai’s buttons, especially when Nona wasn’t around.

“We aren’t using the communicator room?” Mai asked as they exited the house. It was freezing cold, but Mai didn’t care. She was already hot from training.

“No, I was told that we meet with the boss one on one.” This shocked Mai. They usually never met with him face to face. It was always a satellite computer or television.

‘So the old man finally wants to talk one on one,’ Mai thought twisting her head and smirking. They decided to get into Lyssa’s car. Mai’s phone vibrated in her trainer’s bag. She took it out and read the text message. ‘You guys leaving now? Father says it’s important. -Lilly’

‘So, it is important.’ She looked over at Lyssa who concentrated on driving. She drove over the speed limit, nothing could stop her.

“What do you think it’s about?” Lyssa asked. She flipped on a CD, but turned the volume down so she could hear Mai. Mai was never loud to speak.

Mai began to speak. “It better be something important if we are seeing him one on one. This old man has something planned and not even Lilly knows.”

“Hmm,” Lyssa said quietly. The music droned into the car. Mai absorbed its sound. It was almost…peaceful.

“What is this crap?” Mai said quietly. A guy with a partially deep voice sang in the speakers. It was almost familiar.

Lyssa just laughed. “Just one of those Korean groups I listen to, that’s all.”

“Don’t tell me boss got you into it?”

“Boss doesn’t know jack, he hates his own kind.” She meant that boss hated his own culture. He was Korean and he wasn’t proud. No one knows why he did and no one knows why he made this organization.

“You got a point. Turn it down; I don’t want to hear it.”

.
.
.

They arrived at their boss’s house. Lilly, Miyu, and Nona were already walking out of the car. Lyssa honked her horn, making everyone look at the car.

“Way to grab someone’s attention,” She muttered and walked out of the car, pass the three girls and onto the front steps. The house was huge and twice as big as the safe house.

“Wait, Mai,” Lilly said coming behind Mai. She didn’t turn around. “We should all go in together. Sometimes you have to watch yourself.”

Nona came up behind her friend. “You are just really anxious as the next person, I know, but let’s get inside slow. Who knows what may happen. This is really rare for this to happen.”

Mai drew her arm back. “Stop,” her voice was becoming heavier. “Let’s not play around.”

Lyssa came up with Miyu, who looked jittery. “Just open the door,” Miyu said.

Lilly pushed pass Mai and threw open the door. They all followed her in. There to greet the girls was the boss’ butler, Jared. Jared was young looking, dressed in a snazzy suit. He had thick brown hair, with little grays prickling out. He had big blue eyes and small freckles made a stream across his nose.

“Mr. Park has been waiting for you,” he said, bowing. “Would you like anything while you are up?”

The girls looked at each other.

“No thank you, Jared,” they all said in unison.

“Alright. I’ll you to the office.”

They followed Jared into a different hall into a massive front room where a grand staircase awaited them. They’ve been in here before, in fact, this is where their assassin training began.

One would be taken into the organization and is trained into certain types of skills. Some consisted of a variety of weapons, such as guns, knives, swords, and even one’s own fist. The boss puts a person into a skill he thinks they have potential in. Sometimes kids as young as four were brought into this organization and were trained as they grew up. But one star group that kept this organization alive was the Deadly Minded Girls. They were a notorious group within the organization. Many assassins from other groups knew about them and they knew if they troubled them, they were in a great deal of massacre.

Many trainees fled when they saw DMG, others were pressed against the wall, frightened. Mai ignored them, but pitied them for being afraid. It was funny how they were the most lethal assassin group in the world.

‘No one can stop us,’ she laughed in her head.

.
.
.

Mr. Park was a tall man, always hiding in the dark though. He wore Armani suits and Rolex watches made out of gold. He wore cheap grins that were deceiving. He wore a fedora this time, covering his slicked back hair. He puffed out a load of smoke from his cigar.

“Father,” Lilly spoke up walking over to him. Lilly was the only daughter of Mr. Park. Ever since she was young, she was trained to become the top assassin in the organization. All she ever wanted to do was make her father proud and love her unconditionally. She wanted to win his heart. “What is it that you wanted to tell us? We are meeting you one on one, it’s kind of strange,” she said sweetly. Mai knew it was just an act. She knew her friend too well.

Mr. Park laid a hand on her shoulder. “Sit down, I’ll explain to you.” His voice was like thunder, loud and shocking. Everyone settled into a seat and listened carefully. “I called you here today because of this important task. I was going to save it for later, but I realized right now is the right time.” He paused and looked over at Jared. “Get me the mission slide.”

Jared nodded and went to the back room to grab a CD case. He slid it in the projector and the lights dimmed. Everyone turned their heads to the projector screen.

Mr. Park started to speak. A video of seven boys started to play, the one Lyssa played earlier. Mai looked over at her friend who became confused and shocked. “This is 2PM, the biggest Korean boy band as of right now.” A picture displayed this time showing an unattractive guy. “This is their leader, JYP.”

“So what’s the motive?” Nona asked, looking at the screen. It flipped to another picture where it showed the boys walking out of a van.

They heard Mr. Park laugh. “I want you to kill them.”

Mai took her eyes off the screen and looked at her boss. ‘No problem,’ she said in her head. But she wasn’t sure about Lyssa. She looked over at her again. Lyssa sat there quietly and looked down at her shoes.

“JYP is the enemy. These are his big money makers. With them gone, his company will lose all its financial status and bankrupt itself. Then I’ll watch Jin Young suffer.” Another picture flicked of one guy. He had black hair that was tucked under a pink cap. “Park Jaebum.” Another one was a guy with an odd face, almost like an octopus. “Kim Junsu.” One with huge ears and big teeth, but still attractive in a way. “Ok Taecyeon.” Sliding next was a boy with huge eyes, almost as if he weren’t Korean. He had a child’s face, just like Mai. “Nichkhun Horvejkul.” Another one was of a younger looking face and black curly hair. “Jang Wooyoung.” Next was one with smaller eyes, you almost couldn’t see them. “Lee Junho.” The last one clicked, causing Mai to freeze in her seat. “Last but not least. Hwang Chansung, the youngest.” Mai gulped and looked away from the screen. His eyes were emotionless. This guy seemed familiar.

“They are all so young,” Lilly said. “Our age practically, is this why you held it off, father?”

“Yes, that’s why. Since Chansung is the youngest and least popular, he shall be killed first. That’s your job Mai.” Those words stung to Mai. “You hear me?” Mr. Park asked.

Mai looked up and she nodded. “Yes. It will be my duty to kill him.” Quietly and quickly, Mai looked at Lyssa, who was uncomfortable with this. ‘Whoever this kid was,’ Mai had thought. ‘He had to be the unluckiest son of in the world to have me kill him.’

“You are probably wondering why I chose Mai. She is quiet and doesn’t leave traces behind. If she kills the first one, it’ll be easier to keep it in the lowdown. That’s where I leave the rest of you.” He piled up maps on his desk and plane tickets. “You are going to Seoul, South Korea.” Everyone looked at each other. They knew Mr. Park hated that place. “2PM will have a movie premier to attend on Saturday night.” Today was Monday. “…I want you to attend and I want you girls to kill them one by one. Assign each other ones, since there are seven. Make sure you don’t get caught. Or you’ll be hearing from me. Here are the case files in case you forget.”

Mr. Park slid a vanilla folder towards Lilly. “It will have all the details. These maps,” he pointed at the pile. “Will help you get around. Make an escape route. There will be a safe house for you somewhere….I wish you all luck. You may leave.”

They all bowed and got up. Mai was the last one out. “Oh, and Mai,” Mr. Park called out. Mai froze. “Make sure there are no survivors.”

Mai glanced at the wall. “You can trust me, sir.”

.
.
.

They all got to the safe house in one piece. It was a quiet ride and all Mai and Lyssa could hear were the quiet voices coming from the stereo. It was those same guys. Mai knew Lyssa was upset about the whole thing, but Lyssa would never talk about it with Mai or Lilly or Miyu because they wouldn’t understand. If it was Nona, she would one hundred percent understand Lyssa.

Mai glanced over at Lyssa. Her expression was emotionless. “It’s all business,” Mai sound out loud. “You know we don’t cut slack for anyone.” Mai looked back out the window. “Even for stupid celebrities.” She glanced at her friend. She saw a tear roll down Lyssa’s face. Mai was shocked, but didn’t show it. ‘Was she actually crying over these idols?’ She thought. Mai made a disgusted look on her face, but felt bad at the same time. She didn’t like crying, especially when she did it herself.

“Mai, I can’t do it….” Lyssa blurted. She sped up and parked nearby a street post. “I can’t kill them……”

Mai snapped her neck and her eyes widened. “What do you mean you can’t do it?!” she hissed. “If we don’t do it….do you want to die?”

Lyssa looked over at Mai, her eyes were red and tears rolled down quickly in one movement. “I don’t care if I die……they are great innocent people…”

“You’ve killed many people before….what makes them GREAT? What makes them innocent?!” Mai felt her blood pulsing. She couldn’t believe her own kind would speak such words.

Lyssa rested her head up against her steering wheel and she shook with a great tremble. “Mai…..I love….them. Have you ever been a fan of someone and their music? Have you ever loved something so much, that you wouldn’t want it to disappear forever?”

Mai scoffed. “Love? Love doesn’t exist. Get your mind out of neverland, idiot. Even if we do cut them slack……I don’t want us to all die. You do know how powerful Mr. Park is? You know he can do many things? Do you….really want to show some compassion for these guys? Do you!? DO YOU WANT US ALL TO DIE OVER ONE SELFISH ACT!?” Mai yelled out. She shook.

Lyssa looked afraid and more tears came pouring out. “Fine,” she said and started the car.

“You better not drive, you have too much water coming out of your eyes,” Mai said with disgust. “Get out, I’ll drive.”

Before Lyssa got out of the car, Mai grabbed her arm. “I know this is upsetting you and I am no Nona, but……we have to. If we don’t….I don’t want to lose you guys. No survivors, he said.”

Lyssa looked pained. This was even more selfish to kill innocent people. She got out of the car and switched sides with Mai, who sped off on the empty streets of LA.

Mai couldn’t get it off her mind. Was Lyssa really going to consider to cut these guys some slack because she was a fan? It’s either kill and live or don’t kill and die. She didn’t want to die; she wanted to live to avenge her parents. Mai gripped her hands onto the steering wheel and made a sharp turn down a bumpy road.

As soon as the car came to a halt, Lyssa looked over at Mai. “I am sorry for what I said about before. I never wanted to mention it, but I couldn’t hold it in.”

“It’s alright,” Mai said quietly. “You can’t help what you feel.”

“That’s something Nona would say,” Lyssa said.

“I know.” Mai paused. “Even if it hurts you, you have to put it passed you. It’s hypocritical, because this is pretty selfish.”

“No, it’s alright. It’s just that, one of them….I think I fell in love with him.”

Mai turned her head to look at Lyssa who looked down at her phone. “You….fell in love with…..with someone you don’t know?” Mai felt sick.

“I do know him, well did, but it was a while ago. But when I see him, I can’t help but smile.” She lifted up her phone and showed Mai a picture. It was a guy with big ears and hair smoothed back. He smiled. Next to him was Lyssa, who was obviously shorter in height. “After training years were over, I met him…..in Boston where I took my vacation. He was so nice and told me about this group he was in.” She looked down at her phone. “It was like a summer romance, but it ended when he had to go back to Korea.”

Mai felt like vomiting that moment. ‘Love?! How can she love…..one of him?’

“I know I can’t love him now. I have to kill his group and him. It’s painful…to even think about it. Mai, I know you wouldn’t know what it’s like to feel this right now.” Lyssa became emotionless. “But for our own safety….”

“Just get out of the car and go inside. The others are already here,” Mai said coldly.

“Okay….but PLEASE don’t tell anyone else. Since Lilly’s father is the boss, I don’t want her to find out and Miyu….she’ll try to kill me, and Nona….who will do nothing about it.”

Mai thought for a moment. She never told a secret before, but this was a bit rash. “Fine, just get out. We have things to discuss.”

Lyssa smiled and nodded her head.

.
.
.

“Okay,” Lilly said, sitting in her big leather chair. Everyone else sat around a large glass table. “First, we need to assign clients. We know Mai has the youngest member of the group. Hwang Chansung. We have to kill him immediately. Nona,” Lilly slid over a map. “You find the perfect escape route and a getaway van. We have to hide the bodies somewhere. Lyssa, check on the updates on the guards that will be there that night. Mai, you will have to find a way to get Chansung alone and Miyu, you stay with me the whole time. I know how you are and I won’t let you wander alone.”

Miyu pouted. “Why does Mai get to kill first?”

Lilly grimaced. “Because Mai doesn’t leave a mess behind like some people does.”

Miyu looked over at Mai, who sat quietly in her chair. “You better do it quick, so I can do some killings.”

Mai just looked over at Miyu coldly and Lyssa was typing on her laptop. Hearing this made her shiver, but Lyssa had to keep strong.

Nona highlighted the map and did some research on Seoul, South Korea.

“And we need a disguise, so we don’t stand out. Nothing too formal, since Miyu can’t keep her clothes clean,” Lilly said looking over at Miyu.

“I’ll make sure to bring extra clothes,” Nona suggested. “Or we can buy some.”

“And for clients?” Mai asked.

“Right, I was getting to that.” She looked through each folder and randomly slid it to each person. “Since there are seven, then two of us get two.”

“I want two. One isn’t enough,” Miyu said wickedly.

“Fine,” Lilly slid over another folder. “Now open them, study your case.”

The Chansung folder case was in front of Mai. She opened it. His face was rather sickening to her because his smile seemed familiar. She made a noise and looked through his birth certificate and his pictures. Mai felt something in herself that she couldn’t explain as she flipped through them. Her thoughts were ruined by the sound of a small gasp. She looked up to see Lyssa’s face filled with hurt.

“What’s the matter?” Lilly asked. Her face was concerned.

Lyssa looked up. Mai knew she was about to cry and Mai knew exactly who she had. “Oh,” Lyssa’s voice shook. “It’s just I have the hiccups.” She gave everyone a sheepish smile and covered .

“Do you want me to get everyone water bottles?” Mai suddenly asked. Everyone was surprised how she spoke up. She never usually offered to, but she knew it would make everyone get off of Lyssa’s back.

“Yes, maybe we might all get the hiccups,” Nona laughed.

“Lyssa, come help me,” Mai threw a cold stare at Lyssa.

Lyssa just nodded and they both walked to the kitchen. Mai turned herself towards Lyssa. Mai was petite and pixie like, so it looked like a little kid was talking to Lyssa.

“Keep your head up high and professional. Do you want them to know?” Mai hissed.

Lyssa leaned up against the counter and hung her head in shame. “I can’t help it…..this is beyond crazy. I can’t kill the person….I love.”

Mai groaned.

“Why are you caring all of a sudden? Why do you want to hide it?” Lyssa asked.

‘Why am I caring all of a sudden? What is up with me?’ Mai thought to herself. Mai felt her stomach sink. ‘No….I can’t care….but I can’t tell anyone.’

“Mai, I don’t want to kill him.”

Mai closed her eyes for a minute then looked up at Lyssa. “No matter how much you whine,” she said. “We still have to. Would you rather have someone else kill him, like Miyu for instance?”

Lyssa shook her head. “No! Never….”

“Then you have to do it yourself. Even if it’s more painful. But….I’ll go with you if it’s too hard for you.”

Lyssa bit her lips and took the waters out of Mai’s arms. “Fine,” her word stumbled.

.
.
.

Seoul was bright and shining the day they arrived. Everyone was normally dressed, as if they were like everyone else. Mai walked by Nona. “Are you ready for tonight?” she asked.

Mai looked up at her friend. Nona’s long brown hair was in a French braid. She sported a white t-shirt and a pair of flair jeans and blue sneakers. Mai looked down at herself. She wore black pants, a purple shirt and combat boots and a black beanie. “More than ever.”

They took a van to the safe house, which was outside of Seoul. It was in a quiet suburban area where there were large houses lined up next to each other. They stopped in front an isolated house. It was sure big and designed with bricks.

They all settled in well since it was furnished. There were eight bedrooms in the house, 3 downstairs and 4 upstairs. Mai, Miyu, and Lyssa took the three rooms downstairs and Lilly and Nona took the ones upstairs.

Mai dropped her bags into her room. It was a big room, like the others. The bed was round and short. A different hallway leads to her bathroom and closet. “Hmph.” Mai’s phone buzzed and she took it out. From Nona. ‘Get ready now. We leave in a few minutes to scope the area.’

Mai just tucked her phone back into her bag and rummaged through her clothes to wear to the premier. She decided on black ripped skinny jeans, black combat boots, a regular small fit white t-shirt and a buckled leather jacket with a thinned fabric black hood. She grabbed her sunglasses and mouth cover. ‘Hopefully it’s not too suspicious, but I can’t show my face in public.’ She pouted and walked out of the room, taking her phone with her. She had no desired weapon, just her hands. She was one of the only female in the assassin career who used hands.

Mai put her shades over her eyes and put cover below her chin.

“Wah, Mai unni, you look so cool!” Nona said as Mai walked up to the top of the stairs.

Mai stared coldly at her. “It’s not about looking cool. It’s about trying not to get caught. Make sure you cover your face well.”

“Got it covered, Mai,” Nona said happily. She took out a mouth cover too, but it had clouds and rainbows on it.

Mai face palmed herself and took out a water bottle. Lyssa came up this time. She sighed loudly. Mai looked back at her. She tucked her guns to a band that was wrapped around her calves.

“You ready Lyssa?” she asked. “When Mai calls us to tell us she is done with hers. That is when we go and get the others.” Everyone else joined in the kitchen while Nona passed out Maps. “Don’t lose these you guys. This is the escape route to the getaway car. I hired someone to drive us away.”

Lilly looked over it and nodded her head and turned towards Lyssa, who had a blank expression on her face. “The security guards?”

Lyssa gulped and slowly said. “There will be…two in front, one by the guys’ dressing room, and one in the theater area. The only way to get to Chansung is when he uses the bathroom in the dressing room,” she looked at Mai. “To pass the security guard, we will knock them out and watch for the doors while Mai does her business.”

“Why can’t we just kill the stupid security guards?” Miyu asked.

“Because….” Lyssa said quietly.

“It’s best to kill them,” Mai cut in. “We don’t want them waking up while we are in the middle of something.”

Lyssa looked down. “Yeah, just kill them.”

Mai stared at her coldly. ‘Lyssa, you are really changing into a softie. It’s disgusting.’

“Let’s go then. We meet by the van. Once Mai is done, we get the others. It must be done quickly and clean,” Nona stared hard at Miyu, who didn’t know how to keep it clean.

“How can I keep it clean? It’s my job to make sure the blood gets out correctly,” Miyu said innocently.

“If so, clean it up afterwards,” Mai said walking out the door.

.
.
.

Everyone stared as they walked in. Girls and Boys, Women and Men, all were awed with their graceful appearance. They glowed and it was like slow motion for everyone.

“Who are these people?” a girl asked.

“I don’t care! They look so….deity!” another one squeaked. Mai just smirked as they walked pass the girls.

“Keep your head up high,” Lilly told everyone as they walked towards a man who demanded for tickets to the premier.

“Tickets?” he asked. We handed him our tickets. “These are VIP tickets. You guys use that door over there.” He pointed towards upstairs.

They nodded and walked towards the stairs.

“VIP? Even better,” Miyu smiled wickedly.

They walked by many known celebrities in Korea. This was a big event for 2PM. Mai felt her pulse beating. Her adrenaline was rushing already. The VIP was an upstairs area with dining and comfortable looking seats.

“Mai,” Lilly whispered. Mai focused somewhere else. “I am going to give Chansung some powder to make him dehydrated. That way, he’ll keep drinking and drinking till he has to use the restroom. When you see him leave, follow him.”

Mai nodded her head.

She watched as Lilly walked over to a group of guys and flashed a y smile. Her charm always worked. The people she talked to were her victims. Mai believed it was Jaebum and Wooyoung. Such gentlemen who fall easily. But something weird happen, she actually saw….Lilly blush.

Mai shook her head. ‘No,’ she thought. ‘That is just an act. When a guy tells her things she pretends to be flattered.’ But how come it looked real? Mai clenched her fist and looked around. ‘Everyone else is finding their guys,‘ she thought.

“Oh, hello,” a voice said. Mai looked up. Her eyes widened.

She didn’t say anything. She couldn’t. Something trapped her words. Chansung’s stare was expressionless, but so in taking, Mai was almost breathless.

Her face changed into something cold. ‘No,’ she thought. ‘This is my victim. No stupid thoughts.’

“Hello,” she said rather low. “You must be Chansung.” Mai wasn’t charming. Instead, she was creepy.

“I’ve never seen you before….” he said thoughtlessly.

Mai smirked. ‘What an idiot.’

“Well, I just wanted to tell you, enjoy the movie,” he brought a grin to his lips, which made Mai feel funny. Her expression became disgusted and she found Lyssa, who was sitting next to Miyu, who looked like she wanted to kill someone.

“I talked to Chansung,” Mai said quietly. “He’s an idiot. It’ll be an easy kill. The faster you get to do something, Miyu.”

Miyu smiled. “Great.”

Mai looked over and saw Lilly maneuvering her way towards Chansung. She gazed over to where Mai was sitting and smiled. Mai just nodded.

“Hello there handsome,” Lilly smiled, grabbing Chansung’s arm.

Mai watched, but she couldn’t hear. Why did it hurt just watching?

“Oh…hello,” Chansung gulped. He became rather shy when he was around beautiful women. “You are?”

“Oh….I’m Lilly,” she smiled sweetly, looking over at his drink. “I am just a big fan of you! Can I have a hug, big guy?” she asked, using her y grin.

Mai felt her stomach getting sick. ‘Why is he making me feel…this way?’ she thought, holding her stomach.

“Sure, you can,” he smiled and went to hug her. Mai felt her heart hurting.

“Why,” she said under her breath. She watched as Lilly poured a powdery substance in his drink.

“Thank you,” Lilly smiled.

He grinned. “Enjoy the show.”

“Oh…I will,” she said with a wicked smile.

Mai watched as Chansung picked up his drink and chugged it down. She closed her eyes for a minute and took her sunglasses off.

Lilly sat down next to Nona. “Easy,” she laughed. “I got acquainted with my victims. Anyone else?”

Nona and Lyssa raised their hands. Lyssa didn’t look proud but Nona was smiling. Mai frowned.

.
.
.

The lights started to dim and everyone became quiet. Previews of other movies came out. Mai watched it with boredom. ’A movie premier, why couldn’t it be something better?’

Suddenly, Mai felt a jab on her side. She looked over to see Lyssa nudging her head towards Chansung who got up quickly.

“Good,” she said to herself. Then she whispered in Lyssa’s ear. “I need you to distract the guards.” Mai put on her sunglasses.

Lyssa just nodded and followed Mai out of the VIP room. They quietly followed Chansung down a series of hallways. They both slid across the white walls and looked around the corner.

“Figures,” Mai said. “Security guards on this part. Can you do something?”

“Sure,” Lyssa said. Lyssa straightened herself and walked towards the security guards. Mai listened.

“Excuse me….but….someone from the VIP room that I am close with asked me to get something for her in this area. I am not sure this is the right place,” Lyssa said quietly.

“Sorry Miss. No one is allowed back here.”

Lyssa just nodded her head and walked back.

‘What was she doing?” Mai asked. Lyssa made it back around the corner

“What are you doing?!” Mai hissed quietly.

“Where is the pressure point where it makes someone pass out?” Lyssa asked.

“Why?” Then she paused. “Oh….let’s just go straight to them. We don’t want anyone to hear a gunshot. So let’s just do this quietly.”

They both straightened up from the wall and walked towards the two guards.

“Miss, we already told you-”

Mai grabbed one of the guards shoulder and pressed it tightly. The guard fainted and Lyssa did the same, causing the other guard to fall on top.

“Go in, I’ll tie these guys up and put them somewhere.”

“Okay.”

Mai nodded and walked inside the dressing room. The lights were bright in here, but she could hear one of the toilets flush through one door. She closed the door and locked it. She cracked her knuckles. She was ready to do this.

The door slightly open and Chansung came out humming. When he saw Mai standing there, he became startled.

“Oh….hello, again.” Chansung was confused and shocked.

Mai walked closer to him while Chansung backed up onto one of the tables.

“If you don’t scream or struggle, it’ll be easier,” Mai said coldly.

“What are you talking about?” Chansung shook. Mai almost felt guilty inside. This was the first time she was feeling this, but it couldn’t be…..

She grabbed his large hands and she twisted his arm back and she held him by the throat.

“What…..what’s going on? LET ME GO!” Chansung yelled. He tried to look over at Mai, but she had him in her grasp.

“If you are quiet and not struggle, it will be less painful,” she hissed.

But Chansung struggled through her small, but surprisingly strong arms.

“LET GO, PLEASE,” he begged. “Please….” his voice disappeared. She was going to snap his neck, but she couldn’t find herself to do it.

“Are you ready to die, Hwang Chansung? “ She still held him as he struggled….she held him while he cried. She felt sadness when she looked into those eyes. She felt her fingers loosening and her heart ached.

‘What’s going on,’ she asked.

His face was so familiar, almost like a dream. But she had to kill this innocent soul, who didn’t do anything to her.

‘Do it,’ a voice said. ‘Do it…..he probably killed your family.’

“NO!” Mai yelled out. “NO!”

‘DO IT! YOU HAVE TO KILL HIM!’

“Chansun-” the door flew open and suddenly, the same guy that Lyssa showed Mai, appeared. “What the hell…..” before he could run away, Lyssa appeared behind him.

Mai had no other choice but not to kill him. She pressed on his shoulder and Chansung became limp into her arms. ‘Good, he is unconscious….’ then she looked up. “LYSSA, GRAB HIM!”

Lyssa tightened her grip around Taecyeon’s wrist. “I am so sorry,” she cried. Taecyeon looked back, obviously realizing it was someone he knew.

Mai closed her eyes for a moment and took out her phone, still holding onto Chansung.

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?!” Taecyeon yelled.

“Taecyeon, please,” Lyssa said quiet.

“Don’t talk to me,” Taecyeon said coldly to her.

Mai ignored them and ringed Lilly. “We have a problem, find an exit nearby. We have some prisoners with us.” She hung up the phone and looked at Taecyeon.

“You keep quiet unless you want you and your friend to die, you hear me?” Mai said pointing at him.

Taecyeon stiffened.

Mai put Chansung’s arm around her shoulder and dragged him outside the door. He was pretty heavy, but Mai could handle it.

“Where do we go?” Lyssa asked. “The guards can wake up any moment.

“Good,” Taecyeon hissed at Lyssa from behind him. “I hope they catch you in the act and throw you away in jail.”

Mai dropped Chansung and glared up at Taecyeon. She came close to him and touched his face.

“Don’t touch me,” he said angrily.

“It’s okay to be frightened,” she said quietly. “I’ll explain later. But for now, if you don’t shut your ing mouth, I will snap your friend’s neck right in front of you. Then I’ll do the same to you. Do you want to live, or do you want to die right now?” She seemed calm while saying this.

“It looks like I have no choice but to choose death,” Taecyeon scoffed.

Mai just smirked and took off her face mask. Only her eyes didn’t show. She put the mouth cover on Taecyeon’s mouth. “This will shut you up. I know you don’t want to die. You are just a coward as the next.”

“Mai stop,” Lyssa said suddenly. “Let’s just get out of here, please.”

Mai stared coldly at Lyssa and put Chansung around her shoulders again. Her cell phone rang and she answered it. “Where are you at?”

Lilly yelled in the phone. “WHAT DO YOU MEAN PRISONERS?!”

“I’ll explain later. Where are you?”

Lilly sighed. “You are so dead. WE are so dead. Go through the back exits in the hallway you guys are in. There should be stairs leading down to an alley way. We are parked in front of it. We’ll flash the lights twice.”

“Okay.” Mai hung up and she led everyone towards the back exit.

“HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?”

Mai looked back to see another guard coming down the hall. “Quick!” Mai exclaimed

Taecyeon began to yell through the mouth cover. “HELP!” he screamed. “HELP!”

They pushed through the doors to have the cold night air hit their skins. ‘And I thought this was easy.’ They ran down the stairs. Chansung was still limp. Mai flipped open her phone and spoke loud and clearly. “Get the car ready. We have a guard following us.” She hung up and she felt the cold pavement. Mai kept on dragging Chansung along.

They saw the car lights flash twice.

“STOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” the guard yelled from up the stairs.

“GET IN!” Mai yelled and Lyssa pushed Taecyeon inside the van and Mai flopped and was pulled in. “GO GO GO!” she exclaimed.

The car sped off towards the highway and Mai let out a big sigh. Next to her was Chansung. His head fell on top of her chest. She felt her face heating up with embarrassment. Lilly and the rest looked over at Mai.

“Way to go Mai. Perfect plan,” she said with sarcasm.

Mai closed her eyes for a moment and glared.

.
.
.

DMG chained the boys to the pipes in the spare room downstairs. The chains were long enough to reach the bed.

Chansung still lay limp up against the wall and Taecyeon glared down at the ground. Everyone left them to go get them something to eat.

“What the hell do we do now?” Lilly said quietly. “Mai…..I thought you killed him….I thought…..”

“I did have him. I was so close…..until that other big-eared idiot came into the scene.” Mai had lied, the truth was, she could have killed them, right before his other friend found out, but she didn‘t. She blinked for a moment and drank the water roughly.

“It’s my fault,” Lyssa butted in. “I was supposed to be watching but I was still tying those guards together.”

“It’s not your fault. It’s no one’s fault. It wasn’t put together correctly,” Nona said, calming the tension. “Or something must have been off.”

‘Yeah, me,’ Mai thought and looked away while Lyssa, Lilly, and Miyu looked at Mai.

“Well, if we don’t kill them, we will get killed. I’ll kill those two, right now!” Miyu got up angrily, holding her knife.

“Wait!” Lilly exclaimed. Miyu ignored everyone and walked downstairs. Mai just sat there watching.

Lyssa turned back at Mai quickly. “Mai….please,” she whispered.

Mai ignored her. She couldn’t. It was only right to kill them, not to keep them as pets.

Lyssa had tears running down her cheeks. “Please….”

Mai got up angrily. She didn’t know what overcame her. But she quickly followed with Lyssa behind her.

“Hyung….where are we?” Chansung asked waking up.

“Chansung, be quiet. They might hear us, we have to escape….”

“Escape,” he said….then Chansung looked around. It was slightly dark and there was only one light on. “That girl….THAT GIRL!” Chansung said loudly and angrily.

“Shh,” Taecyeon said looking over at his friends. “We have to contact the others….”

“Why didn’t she just kill me,” Chansung thought. “Instead of keeping me..?”

Taecyeon looked over. “Who cares! All I know these people are evil. We have to get out of here.”

The door burst opened and Miyu walked over towards Chansung. She smiled wickedly and grabbed him by the neck. She pressed the blade up against the rock of his Adam‘s apple..

“You ready to die pretty boy?” she asked, hoping he’d beg for mercy.

Taec cried out loudly as he watched his friend be held against his will by a knife. “PLEASE DON’T!” He screamed.

She pressed the knife a little harder.

“STOP!” someone yelled from behind. Miyu loosened the knife from his neck and looked up.

“Mai! I was about to…”

“Let go of him,” Mai said harshly.

“But…”

“Let. Go.”

Miyu let go of him quickly and threw him up against the wall, causing him to grunt. Mai looked over to see Taecyeon crying and Chansung holding his throat.

“Mai, why did you stop her?” Lilly asked.

“I want them alive.”

Lyssa came in. Her eyes wandered towards Taecyeon, who glared coldly towards her. She looked away.

“Why?” Miyu asked harshly, making her getting into Mai’s face. “I could have had them. You do realize we have to do this.”

“Don’t kill them,” Mai said under her breath. “Because…..”

“Because I am in love with Taecyeon!” Lyssa blurted out.

Everyone turned their heads towards Lyssa, who had tears running down her face.

“You…what?” Lilly said a bit shocked.

Lyssa closed her eyes and walked over to Taec, who looked afraid. She sat down next to him and held his head. “I……met with him before. In Boston….we liked each other. Then I found out that we had to kill him and his group. I didn’t want it to happen. I couldn’t. I only told Mai. She was the only who was around at the time and I just let it out. Till this day, she has been keeping it a secret. That’s the reason she couldn’t kill anyone.”

Everyone looked surprised and shock. They all stared at Mai, who crossed her arms.

“So….you couldn’t kill Chansung?” Lilly asked. “Father….”

Mai grabbed hold of Lilly’s shoulder. “I am sorry, but I couldn’t. I failed everyone…..but when I looked at his face,” she looked over at Chansung, who was watching Taec and Lyssa. “I couldn’t….I…”

“I won’t tell father….” she suddenly said. Everyone gasped.

“Why?!” Miyu exclaimed.

“Mai is my friend, Lyssa is my friend. Deadly Minded Girls are my family,” she put her arm around Miyu. “I myself….have taken interested in two of my clients.”

Miyu looked down. “So what do we do, since everyone is so drawn to this stupid group?”

Mai knew Miyu was frustrated right now. Nona had to do something to calm her down.

Mai spoke up, “We have to kidnap the rest.”

.
.
.

It was set out, to kidnap the rest, and make it seem like they killed them. It was the best solution. Miyu wasn’t comfortable with the idea, but she agreed. Lilly had promised everyone that she’d keep it a secret and would keep them safe in this house.

Everyone left to make them something to eat, they looked starved. Mai stood in the room still, watching as Lyssa held onto Taecyeon.

“I am so sorry,” she cried onto his shoulder. “I didn’t tell you, I couldn’t. I had to keep my side job a secret from you,” she sighed.

Taecyeon held on to her. Mai saw the compassion in their eyes. They truly liked each other and Taecyeon still understood Lyssa.

“I didn’t want to kill you…..I couldn’t. I am glad I didn’t have to,” Lyssa said to him.

“It’s okay now,” Taecyeon sighed.

“It’s not okay now. We are still in danger,” Mai spoke. Taecyeon glared over at Mai. She didn’t care. ‘Hate me all you want, donkey,’ she thought.

She walked over to Chansung, who was quiet the whole time. She crouched in front of him and took off her sunglasses.

Chansung looked at her with surprise. ‘She looks like she is 12, but….’

“I didn’t save your , if you think so. I only did this for Lyssa. So be thankful you aren’t dead,” Mai said.

“Why didn’t you just let her kill me,” he asked suddenly.

Mai didn’t know what to say. She was rather confused herself. “It’s my job to kill you. Not hers.”

“Then kill me right now,” Chansung threatened.

Mai smirked. “Try me.” She lifted her hand to his throat. She brushed her small hands against his neck and then pushed his head back roughly.

“Don’t Mai,” Lyssa said. Mai pressed harder. “Mai!”

Mai let go and snapped her head towards Lyssa. “I wasn’t going to, idiot.” Mai stood back up again while Chansung stared up at her with dagger ice eyes.

“I hope they find you and I hope you get it good,” he hissed.

“I hope they find you dead,” Mai replied back and walked out of the room and upstairs.

Even though Mai was threatening him with death, she didn’t want to see him die. A part of her would cry. But she couldn’t let herself do that.

In the kitchen, Nona, Miyu, and Lilly were cooking fried rice. “Do you think they’ll like fried rice?” Lilly asked happily.

“Probably! But your fried is so good Unni, they’ll like yours!” Nona said excitedly.

Miyu just frowned and looked at Mai. Mai raised an eyebrow. “Oh yeah,” she pointed at Miyu. “If I see any of them dead, you will not wake up to see the next day.”

Mai walked over to the other room.

“Was that a threat?!” Miyu exclaimed.

Nona turned around. “Don’t push her buttons Miyu and promise me you won’t touch the guys downstairs.”

Miyu grumbled. “Fine.”

.
.
.

Mai leaned back on her bed and sighed. On that other side of the wall was Chansung. ‘So sickening…’ she thought.

Then she closed her eyes.