Until I die...

[One Shot] Forever You

 

It was one of their happy night together. Everyday of his life being with her is like meeting her for the first time.

 

“I love you my angel” she said.

 

“I love you more each day my baby” he replied.

 

Their car’s stopped on a vacant lot. They just wanted to have a rest before heading home. They went into a party. They’re married and still live like a teenage couple.

 

He kissed her. A passionate kiss he always planted on her lips.

 

And then, they hear a loud noise coming. A truck had hit them.

 

Keren’s face full of blood was the last thing he saw before everything turned to dark.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

“What happened to her? Is she alright?” he asked when he wake up.

 

“She’s fine. Calm down” the doctor said.

 

“I want to see her now” he said and stand.

 

A nurse guided him into another hospital room.

 

“Keren…” he called.

 

He saw doubt and fear in her eyes. She hold on her mother’s arms who’s beside her.

 

His brow rose.

 

“What happened to you?” he asked and step near her.

 

“Who are you?” she asked.

 

“What---”

 

“She has temporary amnesia” her mother interrupted his supposed to be question.

 

“Temporary amnesia?” he asked.

 

“Yes, and she only remembers her childhood up to teenage years” her mother explained.

 

“What the---? Up to teenage years? We met when Keren was 22. Does it mean, she forgot me?”Leeteuk asked to himself.

 

“Keren-ah, don’t you remember me? I’m your husband. We’re married” Leeteuk said.

 

“I don’t remember you. I don’t even… know you” she said and put her hands on her head.

 

He wanted to cry that moment. Why did that thing happened to them?

 

“Keren… Please remember it… We’re really married… Your ring… That might help you remember…” he said.

 

She looked at the ring on her finger.

 

Confused, she looked again to Leeteuk.

 

“Leeteuk, you better leave for now. Give her some time to rest and think” her mother said.

 

Leeteuk leave with disappointed, sadness and in pain.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

“What should I do?” Leeteuk asked to his doctor.

 

“It’s just temporary. She will remember you again soon. Let her memories com back time after time. Don’t rush her” he explained.

 

“How long does it take?” he asked.

 

“Nobody knows. Maybe a week, a month or even a year” he replied.

 

Leeteuk grabbed his collar with frustrations.

 

“Even a year? Are you kidding me? Does it makes sense of that damn temporary amnesia?” he shouted.

 

The doctor released his hands on his collar.

 

“Bringing her to the place you two used to go might help her recover a little bit fast. Show her some pictures of you two together and tell her everything about you and her” he said to Leeteuk.

 

The doctor stared at him like saying just keep faith and everything would turn to be fine.

 

He sighed.

 

“What if it didn’t work out?” he asked.

 

“Well, I guess you better start all over again winning her heart” he answered.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Keren agreed to come with him to their house after discharged from the hospital. Though she’s still can’t remember everything about him and parents doesn’t permits it.

 

“It could help me to return my memories” she just said to her parents.

 

Meanwhile, Leeteuk kept in mind everything the doctor had said to him.

 

“Better start all over again winning her heart”still echoed in his mind.

 

What’s my job before? Keren asked.

 

“You’re a painter he replied.

 

“Really? Where’s my studio? She asked.

 

“Come, I accompanied you” I replied and get the keys.

 

They headed into a lock door.

 

“This is your studio” he said as he unlocked the door.

 

Keren entered her studio and turn around.

 

She got amazed by seeing her work of art.

 

“Why?” I asked.

 

“I’m really surprised that I’m the one who did it all” she said.

 

“It’s your dream. You really wanted it since you graduated your course” he said.

 

He knew why Keren were surprised like that because it’s kinda late when she realized what she wanted to be before. Besides, her parents was the one who decide what she would take on her college.

 

“What’s your job?” she asked later on.

 

“I’m a singer” he replied.

 

She smiled.

 

“Wow. Then, how did we met?” she asked.

 

“Well, we just bump to each other in a party and the rest is history” he said smiling.

 

“So, it’s quite a love-at-first-sight thing happened between us?” she asked like a teenager talking to her crush.

 

“Yeah. Maybe…” he just answered and go out that room.

 

Keren went out too and stepped near him.

 

“What I used to do as your wife? Cook breakfast? Wash your clothes?” she asked.

 

“Kinda. Sometimes, I’m the one who do it but most of the time, we do it together” he replied.

 

“How sweet” she could only say.

 

“You still can’t remember it?” he asked.

 

She turned her face and answered “No”

 

It hurt him more but he managed to smile at her. He needs to be strong. It’s just a trial. An obstacle to their marriage. A painful obstacle.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

One tiring day. Leeteuk went home from rehearsal. Keren said it’s okay with her to left alone in their house and Teuk just leave a phone and a note of his contact numbers in any case.

 

“Keren” he called but no trace of her.

 

Leeteuk hurriedly go outside and find her by calling her name. He thought, maybe Keren go outside but get lost because she’s not familiar to the place.

 

He went home with a gloomy face.

 

“Teuk-shi” Keren called.

 

“Where had you been?” he asked.

 

“O’m sorry. I got lost when I tried to walk along the street. I forgot your phone and I can’t remember your number so I called Eomma, she drive me back here” she explained.

 

Leeteuk hugged her from relief.

 

“Leeteuk-shi…” Keren said.

 

“I’m sorry… I’m just carried away” he then released his arms around her.

 

It’s sad knowing he have a wife but he can’t even hug her because of a bitter fact, he is a stranger to her.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

After a few days staying at their house, Keren and Leeteuk had an argument that made her leave. She got piss off by him saying the things they used to do. She said, she wanted to go back to her house and think everything for awhile so she called her Mom to fetch her.

 

“Keren, I’m sorry” he said.

 

“No, Teuk. I’m the one who need to say sorry… Just let me leave. Maybe it could help me to remember even a little or a few things about us” she said.

 

And he let her go…

 

Without him knowing, Keren’s parents had plans…

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

One day…

 

“Keren-ah, why you go out and meet your friends?” her Mom said.

 

“Really?” she asked.

 

“Go ahead. You need some time to unwind” her Eomma said and smiled.

 

And she fixed herself and borrowed her Eomma’s car.

 

While Keren’s driving across the way, she remembers Jaejoong. Her teenage love. Her first love.

 

She turned around and drive to Jaejoong’s office. She missed him.

 

“Knock! Knock!” Keren said when she arrive at Jae’s office.

 

“Keren! Long time no see. How are you?” Jaejoong hugged her.

 

“It’s really a long time since we keep in touch huh? Oh my, I forgot. I’m 25 right now. It’s really been a long time. I missed you” she said and laughed.

 

Jaejoong already know Keren’s condition cause her parents told him.

 

“I missed you too” he replied and kissed her on the lips.

 

Keren and Jaejoong date again as they used to do when they’re still lovers.

 

“Keren, why you just divorce Leeteuk and married Jaejoong? He’s you first love. Besides, you don’t remember Leeteuk” her Mom said.

 

“Hmm… But…” Keren is hesitant to do that. She’s still hoping she would remember everything soon.

 

“Jaejoong’s a lawyer now, he did it for you. While Leeteuk’s a singer. You have a better future with Jae” her mother insisted the idea of divorcing Teuk.

 

That night, Keren think what her Mom said awhile ago.

 

Her Mom got a point. Besides, she really loves Jaejoong and he loves her too.

 

So she decided to get a divorce with Leeteuk…

 

After two months, Leeteuk receive the divorce papers. He had nothing to do but signed to it. He knows at the beginning of their relationship. Keren’s parents don’[t like him for her, so they took advantage on Keren’s condition.

 

“Maybe. Just maybe… Keren will remember me and our forever love…”Teuk said to himself.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Meanwhile…

 

Keren and Jaejoong’s wedding were prepare so fast. But Keren doesn’t mind. She was so happy that time.

 

Wedding finally came.

 

“Keren, do you accept this man as part of your life in sickness and in health?” the priest asked her.

 

Then memories flash on her mind. She and Leeteuk at that same moment but not Jae as her husband to be… It was Teuk as her groom…

 

“No!” she answered that made the people surprised.

 

“Keren-ah” Jaejoong said. Also surprised.

 

“I remember everything now. I don’t love you anymore Jaejoong. You betray me that’s why we part ways a long time ago” she said and run way.

 

Run away to go to their home… Her home… At Leeteuk’s arms…

 

At that Leeteuk’s at the door of their house… No… It’s ‘his’ house now. Not theirs anymore…

 

He sighed.

 

Then a beautiful girl in white dress appear in his sight.

 

“Keren-ah? What are you doing here? It’s your wedding day right?” Teuk said.

 

“Teuk… Sorry… I’m here now to grant our promise. My memories already came back” Keren said and hugged him.

 

He hugged her back. They both cry.

 

At the same day, they got married again. At the same church, priest and clothes they wear on their first wedding. They wore the same ring they give to each other while saying the words of “forever you until I die…”

 

FIN.

 


 

Feel free to comment and subscribe :) Thanks for reading!

Actually, I hate that Jae were dumped here. hehe. but anyways, my friend just requested that whatever FF I will do for her, also include Jaejoong as the third party :p Sorry Jaejoong bias.. (sorry for myself too :D~~~)

 

[HyeKyung]