Memory

Crash

You gawk at the red triangle between his fingers. The sun bounces off of it as he twists his wrist back and forth, lighting up the room with a gentle rosy glow.

"There's a reason why I never threw this one at the crowd during concerts."

You reach out and grab it from his hands. "Is this--" you begin.

"The pick you sold me on the day we first met?" he finishes. "Yes. I still remember that day very clearly. I always entered that guitar shop in hopes to speak to you, but I never had the courage."

"Yeah, I remember you always ran away everytime I approached you. It made me wonder if I did anything wrong," you reminisce as you continue to stare at it. The two of you then start to laugh.

"I knew you were the one the moment I laid eyes on you, though. My shyness just made it more difficult than it had to be. But Yonghwa hyung had recently let the girl of his dreams slip away, and there was no way I was going to let that happen to myself also. So I entered the store with confidence... and an empty wallet," he snickers. "That pick was all I could afford, so purchased it. And you told me that you knew I was going to make it big someday."

You grin at him. "It looks like I was right."

He smiles back at you. "Yeah, although you weren't aware that I didn't even own a guitar at the time."

You both crack up at the absurdity of it all. But if it wasn't for that fateful moment, you wouldn't be here lying on the kitchen floor with him as you think back to that silly encounter. And this very moment will be another memory you and Jonghyun can look back upon.

The guitar was almost fogotten... almost.

"I'm really sorry about your guitar," you say, your tone darting back to seriousness. "I know how much you loved it."

He kisses your forehead and rises from the floor. Scooping you up in his arms, he replies "I'll be able to find another guitar like that. But I'll never be able to find another girl like you."