Chapter 10

It All Started With a Kiss

-At dinner-

“Okay, I’m all set.” Selina did her last touches on her magic. “All we need is an outfit.” She examines her best friend from top to bottom.

“I am right on it.” Hebe says, as she opens the closet to see all these beautiful dresses that she knew it did not belong to her best friend. “Ella, did you buy new clothes?” She took out each dress one by one. “They’re beautiful.”

“No, but I think I have an idea who brought them for me.” Ella says as she signals to the door.

“Ah…” Her two best friends said.

“You should wear one of these dresses to school tomorrow. I bet you will gain more admire.” Selina winks at her.

Ella rolls her eyes. “I won’t promise anything. It all depends on the weather.”

“Ah, I found the perfect outfit that you can wear.” Hebe says, showing her a simple white tank top and a black skirt that reaches above her knees.

“Hebe, what is wrong with the outfit that I’m wearing now?” Ella asks her.

“Well, if you don’t change, you will not make him fall for you since you are dressed like a boy.” Hebe gives her best friend a reason to why she should change her outfit.

Ella gives her two best friends a pout before surrendering to their plan. “Tell me why am I doing this again?”

“To see if your parents are setting you up with your number one enemy.” Selina replied.

“Then what will I do after I found out the truth?” Ella questioned them.

“Well, for one if it is true that they are setting you up with him, you are to oppose to it. However, if it is not like we think it is, then you can live your normal life like nothing ever happen.” Hebe says.

“B-but… How are you girls so sure that I will make this plan work?” Ella bites her lower lips as a habit when she is nervous.

“Just trust us on this.” Selina says. “You have me on your side. You don’t need to worry a thing.”

“Well, all you need right now is a makeover.” Hebe says. “Let’s see… We need you to grow out your hair, so no more cutting it short. For now, we can do extensions.”

“I like that idea, Hebe.” Selina claps her hands in approval. “But I don’t like her hair color. We need to dye it.”

Hebe nods her head. “True… but let’s not worry about it for now. We need to wait until she grows out her hair to shoulder length. After that, we can worry about hair color.”

Selina agrees with her best friend. “Great plan.”

“Why, thank you.” Hebe smiles at her best friend.

Ella pretends to cough. “Sorry to interrupt, but can we go now?” She asks. “If you girls don’t know, I am starving here.”

Selina and Hebe roll their eyes at her. “We should fix this habit on her.” They mutter to each other.

“We should make her go on diet!” Selina exclaims.

Hebe looks at her best friend. “Good plan, but I’m not sure if it is going to work.”

Selina sighs. “I know, but it is a worth of try.”

Hebe thought about it for a minute. “Okay. We can start trying right now.”

Selina grins. “Mission # 1 begins!”

Hebe just shakes her head and drags her best friend out of the bedroom.

-Dining Room-

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?” Selina shouts as she realizes that they weren’t the only guest of the Wu’s.

“Why would I tell you?” The young man with spikey hair asks. “You’re not the owner of this house.”

“Selina…”Ella hissed. “Be nice to them.”

Selina groans as she surrenders. “Fine…”

“Oh, girls you’re here.” Mrs. Wu smiles at the girls. “I was planning to go call you girls.”

Selina and Hebe give her a smile.

“Are these two girls your friends, Ella?” Mr. Wu asks.

“Yes, Mr. Wu. They are my best friends.” Ella says. “This is Selina Ren and, that is Hebe Tien.”

“Ah, so I have finally met the Ren’s and Tien’s daughter.” Mr. Wu exclaims.

“You know our parents?” They ask.

“Of course, I was a close friend of your father’s. However, with some circumstances, we drifted apart.” Mr. Wu sighs.

“So, you’re saying that once upon a time, you were friend with my dad, Ella’s dad, and Hebe’s dad?” Selina asks.

Mr. Wu nods his head. “Correct.”

“Now, now, let’s not talk about this now.” Mrs. Wu interrupts. “Girls, come and sit down.”

Ella was about to sit at the far end, but Mrs. Wu stops her.

Mrs. Wu purposely pushed Jiro out of his seat. “Oh dear, Jiro, are you ok?”

Jiro was shock but recovered rapidly and said, “It’s okay, ma. I’m fine.”

“Ok.” Mrs. Wu gives him a smile. “Ella, honey, come sit here.”

Ella looks at her best friends as she bites her lower lips.

“Go on.” Her best friends encourage her. “Remember our deal.”

Ella slightly nods her head and slowly walks to sit next to her number one enemy.

“Oh my, you’re so pretty, sweetie.” Mrs. Wu exclaims when she realized something is different about the young woman. “I’m glad that the outfit fits you perfectly. Oh my… Did you girls have a makeover? I love it.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Wu.” Ella thanked her. “Thank you for the other clothes too.”

“Oh, it is nothing.” Mrs. Wu says. “I always wanted a daughter. So, if you don’t mind, I would like to pamper you.”

Ella gives her a small smile.

“Chun, honey, why are you so quiet?” Mrs. Wu says. “Did you see Ella’s outfit? Isn’t she pretty?”

Chun’s meal was interrupted when his mother asked him a simple a question. He made a quick glance at the young woman who sat next him. Then he carelessly nods his head as he doesn’t care about it. After that, he continues to eat his meal.

“Selina, I don’t think our plan is going to work at all.” Hebe whispers to her best friend.

“Be patient. This is just the beginning of the game.” Selina told her best friend. “We can’t expect that it will happen immediately.”

“Fine… We will just have to wait and see.” Hebe sighs as she continues to observe her best friend at the other side of the table.