Last Day of Falls

4th Dimension

Protecting the one you love, means you're ready to sacrifice everything...

***

In the darkness of the silky night, standing there on a roses garden was a delicate boy who wore a white night gown. His dark blue tresses were flailing as wind blew around him. He was watching the beautiful full moon when he felt a pair of hand was holding his shoulder. He smiled faintly because he knew who was the tall person behind him. Sebastian, his step brother.

“What are you doing here? Night wind isn’t good for your health...” the taller boy said in soft deep voice. He put a thick robe around the petite boy’s shoulder.

“I’m enjoying the last day of fall season, Sebastian. Winter is on the way.” He answered in whisper.

“I know... It has been three years after our parent’s death, Ciel. But, please... go into the house now. I’m worried.” The older boy gripped Ciel’s shoulder firmly, making the latter understand that he was merely worried.

“Ah, ok, Sebastian. Lets go.” Ciel walked together with Sebastian into their house. The wind rustled through the dry branches and swept away the leaves.

Sebastian Michaelis and Ciel Phantohive were the only people living in that house. Ciel’s mother, Rachel married Richard Michaelis, Sebastian’s father about nine years ago. Ciel was about six years old while his step brother was fifteen years old. For Ciel, Sebastian was a very caring brother and protective over him. He was the one who picked Ciel to the school and drove him home when it was over. Sebastian once had a younger sister, Ravenna Michaelis. Unfortunately, the little girl passed away in her five years old of asthma when Sebastian was ten years old. The same sickness was suffered by Ciel. And beside Sebastian, his step father almost similar to his biological father, Vincent Phantomhive. Richard treated him and his mother dearly in the same portion as his love for Sebastian. Richard’s wife, Victoria was dead of Spanish flu.

But, their beautiful life was crushed as Rachel and Richard got killed mysteriously. Ciel and Sebastian were staying with their cousins, when their parents were burnt in their previous house in Illinois. Both boys were really lucky as Richard inherited them with many golds, assurance, and a manor house in England. So, they moved to the Britain bringing along the beloved corpses to be buried there.

As Ciel entered his room, Sebastian brought him a glass of milk. His room was wide and colored in light soft blue, there were a queen sized bed, a tall mirror, a desk, a bookshelf, pictures, and a door to a closet and bathroom.  They were not actually the only people living in the house, there were several maids and butlers working to them. Ciel sat on his bed while laying his back against the wooden stall of the bed. He drank the milk his brother gave to him and emptied the glass right away.

“Thanks, Sebastian. I think it’s too late, you’ll be late to work too.” He grinned to his brother.

“I never wake up late, anyway. Don’t worry, Ciel. I’ll be here until you fall asleep.” Ciel pouted as his brother took a chair nearby and sat there reading a book.

“I’m not a kid anymore, Sebastian. I’m fifteen and never get any nightmare again.” Ciel grunted as he drown himself in the thick sheet.

“Yeah, I know. I just want to.” The older giggled. Ciel sighed of his brother’s behavior, he turned his back.

“Good night, brother.” The petite boy mumbled as he fell asleep.

“Good night, Ciel.” Sebastian replied softly. As the night passed in windy air, Ciel drift into his dream, and Sebastian rose walking to his room.

Sebastian was yet in his twenty four years old. He got his both biological parents feature in him. His black jet locks and pale white feature were inherited from his mother, Victoria. And his red orbs, strong jawline and body build were belong to his father. He was about 187 cm tall and could be said as muscular. Inspite the fact that he was almost perfect, his life had never been as good as his appearance. In his young age of fifteen, he spent almost all if his time to work for his only family, Ciel. He worked in three different places each day, but the salary he got was never enough until then Fate gave him Her kindness. Lady Angelina Durless, had no child to hold the stake of her company in South Hampton. She met Sebastian five years ago when the young man was working as a branch manager. She was amused by how perfectionist the young man in handling a branch office of an infamous industry company. With that, she only had to teach Sebastian about business management only for straight two years.

And yet, he kept maintaining the company given to him. Moreover, the company itself was now widely known as the second biggest and the fastest growing company in Britain. It ran the electicity of England. With money he had, he lived his own life and his beloved little brother in an inherited manor house on the city side. He could send Ciel in to a well known school, and even he could buy an island in Caribia for Ciel’s birthday.

The young man was walking senselessly to his room passing a lot of his family pictures. He stopped on a soft colored oil painting nearby a big painting of his family with Ciel. There was a little girl in the painting holding a big brown bear doll. The little girl was in her blue dress, sitting on thick rug beside a pony. Her wave blond hair was tied on her left side loosely, her pale complexion was adorned by red hue on her both cheeks, her red lips smiled in cute way, and her dark blue eyes were looking straight though Sebastian’s direction. She was Ravenna, Sebastian little sister. The young man smiled to the painting and walked away humming a lullaby he used to sing as he companying Ravenna and yet Ciel to sleep.

Sebastian then closed the door behind him and turned the light of his room on. He sighed in the serene of his room. Differently to Ciel’s room, Sebastian’s room was more elegant and colored in red. It showed how matured he was that time beyond his age. Mostly, there were similar furniture in his room with Ciel’s. The only thing lack from Ciel’s room was a secret hall to go outside without anyone else’s consent.

“Sebastian....”

A whisper was heard making the only young man there stiffened in his place. The voice was cold, piercing yet soft and barely audible. The whisper came until three times in alien language, but in the last it was merely a sound of wind could be heard. The young man stilled into stone until a full minute. Taken aback of Ciel’s screaming, he ran out to his brother’s room as fast as his feet could bring him. Without knocking, he abruptly entered the room and shook the pale boy harshly from his trance.

“Ciel! Ciel! It’s me Sebastian! Hey! Wake up!”

His voice was hoarsh and hard. Ciel who was still in his shock state, stared at his brother by his round big blue eyes.

“What’s wrong Ciel?” Sebastian said as Ciel’s stare was soften a bit.

“S-Sebastian.. What..” The boy’s voice was tight. There was something in his mind about his not sweet dream.

“Tell me, what’s wrong Ciel?” Sebastian sat beside his yet calm brother and soothed the boy by holding his hands.

“Are you alright, Sebastian?” Ciel asked him back in worried tone. “I saw...” he murmured.

“I’m absolutely fine until your scream brought me here and making me get a heart attack, Ciel.” Sebastian teased his brother, but the later didn’t budge. “You saw what?”

Ciel bited his lips unsure of what he had seen in his dream.

“I saw you... there... in a place... hmmm, I don’t know where it was exactly... but, you were... soaked in blood and.... dying... “ his voice was stammered and gone in the last word. The older boy stared at him sympathetically. He pulled the younger boy and hugged him softly.

“Hmm, that was just a dream, Ciel. Everyone could get such a nightmare.” He lulled. The boy in his embrace held his pajama’s shirt and trembled.

“But, that was so real and I’m afraid if I have to lose you.” His voice was broken as his tears pooled in his eyes and fell on the older shirt. A big hand soothed his back.

“Shhhhh... I’m here. And I won’t leave you. Don’t worry, okay?” Sebastian smiled sadly. Yes, he couldn’t and would never leave this little boy because he was his life. Without the little boy, there wouldn’t be reason for him to keep alive and struggle for his life.

There was only sobs heard in the dimmed room, and a lullaby from the older brother’s hum. After a long take of time, the boy could overtake his calmness.

“Sebastian, please sleep with me... “ he plead to the older with such a face which would make angel would do anything else to make him in ease and safe.

Sebastian smiled and laid beside the still sitting boy. He pulled the boy to his embrace again, laying there together. The boy snuggled back to him and fell asleep faster. The feeling of warmth and safe really made him comfortable. So the brothers stayed like that until the sun grimaced and brighten up the day.

***

The morning came with cold breeze filling the light air. The activities in a certain manor house started since the rooster had cracked the morning dew. Maids and butlers were striding from every side, doing their chores and taking care of their two masters. Sebastian was having his breakfast before riding his car to the office where he was working. Beside him a little boy was also having the breakfast, he was in his school uniform which making him looked more mature. They had silent along the time until their breakfast was end.

“Ciel, I’m so sorry I can’t pick you up to your school. Just now, Mr Aberland called me to handle some troublesome matters. So, Bard will pick you up and ride you home. I’ll be home a bit late, maybe... Forgive me, okay?” Sebastian kneeled down to his brother, because his brother was a bit shorter that he should be and Sebastian was very tall.

“I understand Sebastian. Oh! Don’t be... You don’t need to apologize, I’ll be fine.” Ciel smiled playfully. Sebastian patted his head and leaded him to the another car which had been ready.

“Now, now... Be a good kid at school, alright?” Sebastian warned the boy, and received a pout as a feedback.

“I’m not a kid!” Ciel groaned as he stomped his feet walking to the car. He stopped and turned to his brother.

“See you later, Sebastian!” He grinned as he entered the car and went straight to his school. Sebastian waved his hand until the black car lost from his sight. He even prayed for Ciel, as usual.

“Master, your car has been ready.” Meyrin approached him and brought him his coat.

“Thanks, Meyrin. Please take the manor and Ciel in your care until I’m home.” Sebastian ordered as he walked to his car. It was a Ford classic car. For that time, only the riches could afford that kind of car.

As the Black Ford lost in the sight, Meyrin entered the manor and the day started.

***

“Meyrin, where’s Sebastian? It’s dinner time and he hasn’t home.” Ciel asked his maid while walking to the dinning room.

“The Master hasn’t called yet, Young Master. He may be busy with the matter in his company. I believe he will home soon.” Meyrin tried to calm the boy beside her.

“Now, please eat your dinner, Young Master. Master Sebastian will be worried if he knows you haven’t eaten your dinner.” She reminded him in a soft voice. Ciel frowned, his feeling wasn’t really good. He could point anything. His brother sometime came late like that time, but there was something like choking his heart. He ate his dinned slowly accompanied by his maid by his side.

“Meyrin, please call Sebastian if until 9 he hasn’t come.” Ciel ordered the red haired maid after finishing his dish.

“Yes, Young Master.” She answered. Ciel walked to Sebastian’s room and sat on his brother’s working chair. He faced the window so he could see whenever the Black Ford arrived. But, even until he felt asleep, the Ford never came.

***

The next morning was weekend, Ciel woke up stifflly from the chair and stretched his body. It felt numb of sleeping in chair along the night. He was still calm until a wave of shock striked him. Sebastian hadn’t came home. He ran along the house searching for his brother.

“Sebastian! Sebastian! Where are you?” he yelled loudly, but no one answered.

He even ran down to the garden and screamed his lungs off calling for his brother. But nothing he got.

“Master, who you are looking for?” Meyrin’s appearance shocked him, his breath was uneven.

“Mey-Meyrin, where is my brother? Where is Sebastian?” he asked in ragged breath. Meyrin looked at her master incredulously.

“Your brother?” she asked again.

“Of course! Who else!” he yelled harshly until Meyrin stepped backward.

“I- I’m sorry, Master Ciel. But you don’t have a brother. You are living alone in your inherited manor.” She answered stammeredly. Her head hung low afraid of what she thought she would get.

Ciel’s eyes grew bigger and seemed as it would bug out from its socket. Shock was seen undoubtly from his face, making the maid in front of him worried. He moved his legs faster in to the manor house. He saw the paintings and pictures carefully. But, there was only him, and his picture with Rachel and Vincent. The truth hit him hard and painfully, he knew he wasn’t wrong. But he was confused.

“Ouch! I’m not dreaming either..” he bluntly whispered after he had pinched his left arm. Meyrin followed him, on the tremor of worriness.

“Master, are you alright?” she asked carefully. The boy kept in his mind alone, ignoring the question.

“Fine. Please leave me alone.” He ordered softly, but his voice was not even emmiting the ‘fine’ condition. So that, Meyrin took her leave even her feelings was full of things toward the little boy.

Within the nth waves of shock, Ciel sat on the floor. Tears brimmed and were falling down. He didn’t hiccuped, nor making any sound. He sat there for a long time.

“Sebastian...”

 

Tbc...

 

a/n[muneca] : Hello! This’s my third fanfic I wrote alone. And the second which is published here. Happy reading!

 

 

Extras :

“I have to do something... there must be many things to be confirmed.” Ciel stared at his reflection in his tall mirror. He also was thinking about Sebastian. His mind was aching so hard, clenching the breath away.

With that, he braved himself driving his car in the snow rain. The car he used to go to school which usually be driven by Bard. His driver. He never went to the psychotherapic anymore. That Vanessa Wolf made him felt like he was really mad, but otherwise, his faith on the truth he believed about Sebastian was stronger than previous time.

He drove his car to the north where the Trancy family was residented. The Alois Trancy announced his lost of his uncle on that morning newspaper. It was written, for someone who lost their family without anyone’s consent and dream like truth. It invited Ciel to come and asked the other boy.

After a long way to the certain manor, he arrived. The house was big and so quiet. He parked the car and walked toward the main door, knocking it carefully. There, a bandaged eyes maid in lavender uniform and white long hair opened the door.

“I’m Ciel Phantomhive, I want to meet Alois Trancy to ask him about the lost news this morning.” Ciel said in solemn yet polite voice. The maid nodded and excused herself as letting Ciel in to the house. The boy sat on the chair in the guest room waiting for the other actually stranger boy. And not long after that, a blond boy arrived. His face was pale and seemed as if he didn’t have enough sleep at night.

“I think, we have got a similar case, Ciel.” .