Stupid Old Man

Sentiments and Irony

"Fate Is A Misconseption- It's Only A Cover-Up For The Fact You Dont Have Control Over Your Own Life."

 

[INDENT]There wasn't a soul in the world that could understand Kim “Key” Kibum's true feelings.

[INDENT]Of course, that was so incredibly clichéd that Key himself couldn't seem to bring himself to say it, but behind the princely smiles and the cute interviews, Key felt not only bored of repeating routines, but he also felt lustful for a new experience. He sat on a leather chair in the recording studio, clad in black clothing, despite the fact that it was almost ninety degrees outside. Key had never been quite the fan of summer, anyway.

 

[INDENT]He hadn't had a moment to himself since he'd woken up that morning. First a photo shoot, then an interview, then another interview, and now a recording? Key didn't know how they expected him to keep up with it all when it was a regular occurrence, but he did somehow. Emphasis on the somehow.

 

[INDENT]Deciding he needed to get away from it all, he chose the exact moment when his manager was in a heated conversation with the mixer, and sneaked out the door. He slipped on a pair of sunglasses and put an American NY cap on, seeing as apparently only those two accessories could disguise him without flaw.

 

[INDENT]The sun beat down on Key's head, and he was thankful he'd chosen a white hat, and not a black one. Why did all of the photographers he photo shot with insist he wear black? Especially on a day hot as this one- they must've forgotten Key was human, and that a heat wasn't out of the question. Of course, he felt incredibly over heated with all of that on, so he peeled off his black jacket, sighing in relief as at least a little air reached his bare arms. But as fate would have it, a ghust of wind just  absolutely had to come and blow his cap off. And his sunglasses just had to fall off while he bent down to get the hat. And a passing woman just had to see Key's face and shout "It's Key Kibum!" And thus, a chain reaction began.

 

[INDENT]The heads of nearly all of the females and even a few men on the street turned to look, questioning "Is it true? Really? Where?" And once they saw it really was to be true, a crowd formed and Key was off like lightning. His legs, long and lean, moved quickly as he ran down the street, away from fans rushing after him. To them, they were just trying to see their favorite star. To Key, he was running from the hounds of hell. And they were gaining. Fast.

 

[INDENT]Damn it, Key thought in irritation, I can't get a single moment of peace to myself! He raced down the streets, feeling instead of hearing the speed in which his fans grew closer. He could hear his own heartbeat just thudding in his ears, rapid and even more aggrivating for the teen star to have to listen to. His eyes traced the landscape and as he turned the corner he threw himself in the doorway of the closest shop to him. The bells that rang as he had the door open barely reached his ears. His feet moved quick to make him kneel under the windowpane, and he heard the many -and, oh, he wasn't joking when he said many- footsteps that ran past the window, not even bothering to check for him, thank god.

 

[INDENT]"Didn't ever think I'd see the superstar himself in my deli." A gruff voice sounded, and Key's eyelids snapped open to show him a man -around fourty or so- standing not far away behind a counter, polishing dishes. Key ripped his eyes off of the man to look around the store he was in, and he realized with slight surprise that it was a small diner with slightly odd, non Korean tastes. American, Key thought suddenly, this is an American Diner. 

[I

NDENT]Looking back to the old man, Key stood up. "I'm sorry for just kind of... barging in like that. I had... Well..." Key, for some reason, didn't exactly want to say he had a crowd of loving fans chasing after him. Somehow, the vibe the man was giving off didn't suggest he say something like that.

 

[INDENT]But lucky for him, the old man didn't seem to have a problem saying it like it was. "You had rabid fans after you, is that it, boy?" He said, and Key was genuinely surprised. No one, adult or child, had spoken to him like he was a bad customer at a resteraunt, or as if he was a petty child that wouldn't quit asking for a toy. It was his first time hearing someone talk in such a tone to him, and he quickly found that he didn't quite like it. 

 

[INDENT]Stupid old man, Key thought grumpily. He wasn't in the mood for such a person! But he couldn't leave just yet. He'd dropped his hat and his sunglasses as he'd been running. Fat lot of good that did him. He wanted to hit himself for such stupidity. "It's not like I asked to be chased." Key said, and was struck with a slight shock that he'd even said anything at all. He didn't have any recollection of even thinking that before he'd said it, and Key wasn't the kind to act before he thought.

 

[INDENT]The man just grunted and shook his head. He turned and walked back into the Diner's kitchen, and Key was brought to the conclusion that this was indeed an American style Diner from the New York Yankee poster on the Kitchen's door. The same team he had on his hat. Of course, he wasn't too interested in things like Baseball or even sports for that matter, but it had disguised him well. Or at least, he thought it had.

 

[INDENT]The old man came back to the counter, looking slightly cleaner than he had been. His dirty apron was gone, and he'd washed his hands. His cruelean eyes seemed to rake over Key as if he were sizing him up, then, seeming to deflate, the man said, "I'll let you stay here for a few minutes. Got it? Store's not even open yet, so consider this as me doing you a favor."

 

[INDENT]Key's eyebrow quirked, and he felt irritation bubble in his chest. It was like the guy didn't know he was famous at all. You couldn't just kick a famous person out because it "wasn't opening time yet", could you? Key didn't think so, anyhow. "Yeah... Thanks." Key's voice was laced with sarcasm and irate teasing. 

 

[INDENT]A silence fell over the two, and it seemed incredibly uncomfortable to Key. He hadn't gone out of his way to get out of that stuffy recording room just to find himself in a diner with a grumpy old man. No way! He'd gone out to find something new to do- something interesting. This wasn't anything like he'd imagined. No, definitely not. Just as Key stood up to leave, the sound of bells -the ones he'd heard coming in the shop- sounded.

 

[INDENT]"Grandpa!" A cheerful voice chirped. "Listen to this! Most of the things you wanted me to buy were on sale! How cool is that?" Key turned just as the old man did and laid his eyes on a boy, looking his age, with three grocery bags hanging off his arms, smiling brightly. Once the boy saw Key, his smile widened. Oh, God, Key thought in exasperation, another fan. Great, even in this kind of place I've got fans. I'm going to have to work to get away from this one-

 

[INDENT]"Whose this?"

 

[INDENT]What?!