Chapter 4

Second Chance

Smiling at the sight that greeted her as she stepped out of the elevator, Ji Min quickened her steps
and made her way into the sky garden which she had just discovered within the apartment building.

 

Ji Min's POV
Compared to being cooped up in the house, this place is heaven! 
Wow… there's even a pool and basketball court…

 

She found a seat by the side of the pool and laid down on the chair, feeling contented as she watched
the kids enjoy themselves under the sun.

 

"If only I could go on a holiday now… I should have kept my passport with me"

 

---

 

"Ji Min ah… what do you want for dinner tonight?" Young Saeng called out after returning home
from work and found the living room empty. 

 

He knocked on her room door and entered after receiving no response to find it also empty.

 

Young Saeng's POV
She's not in her room either… where could she have gone to?

 

"Mi Young ah, is Ji Min with you?" He asked over the phone as he walked over to the park nearby,
hoping that she was just around the area or at least with his friends.

 

"No, she's not at home?"

"De… it's ok, I'll look for her around the area"

"Give me a call if you need any help later"

 

---

 

"Omo!" Ji Min sat up in shock after being woken up by the sound of thunder.

 

She had unknowingly falling asleep and hastily made her way back to Young Saeng's home
after noticing that the sky had already turned dark and was beginning to drizzle.

A ball came flying towards her as she made her way across the basketball court, and all she could do was stare...

 

Flashback

"Get lost and stay away from our Sunbae! You don't belong here!"

"What are you girls doing? Stay away from Ji Min…"

"Sunbae…"

"Are you alright?"

"De, komawo… did you get hit hard? You shouldn't have blocked it for me"

"Yah… you should have at least tried to dodge instead of just staring at it…"

End of Flashback

 

"Mianhae Noona! Are you alright?" The boy who had just saved her from the ball asked after helping her up.

"D-de…"

"I'm so sorry about it"

"It's ok"

 

Ji Min's POV
Sunbae… he must be someone close, but why can't I even remember his name or anything else?
Was he from the basketball club? What was it about me not belonging to the place?

 

"Why are you all wet?!" She exclaimed after seeing a drenched Young Saeng walking out of the
other elevator when she returned.

 

He didn't look too happy as he opened the door and entered without a word. Ji Min followed behind
and waited in the living room after Young Saeng ignored her and went straight into the bathroom
after getting fresh clothes.

 

"Mianhae… I didn't mean to…"

"I'm going out to get dinner, it's too late to cook"

"Why can't you listen to what I have to say first?!"

"…"

 

Young Saeng stopped at the door after hearing Ji Min raise her voice suddenly and turned to face her.

 

"I'm sorry to have made you worry and go out in the rain to look for me because I left home
without informing. I only wanted to visit the garden for a while but fell accidentally fell asleep…"

 

Her eyes were b with tears as she explained herself and Young Saeng found himself
pulling her into his embrace. After finally realizing the position he was in, he struggled to calm
his pounding heart and took a deep breath before speaking to Ji Min again…

 

"I should have listened to you. Kwenchana, it doesn't matter as long as you're safe…"

 

Young Saeng's POV
It's not working, no matter how hard I try to keep my distance… otokke?

 

Ji Min's POV
I thought he was going to ignore me for good…
Is it him, or my heart that's beating so hard? Why am I feeling this way?
No, he's your savior Baek Ji Min, so it's only natural that you feel grateful towards him after all he has done for you…

 

..............................................................................................................................................................................................

 

one more chapter this week! by the way if you're wondering, the other members will be appearing soon :)
and probably more about someone else.  i have it in the plan already but have not decided on the next main.
any preference? keke :X keep the comments coming in! thankyu~

love,
joelle