Chapter 9: Day 1

My Fallen Grace

"Yah! Were have you been hiding that guy all this while?" Sooyoung questioned me as we stepped into the bus and took our seats. "He looks like such an angel. If only I could put him in my pocket and bring him home, I'd be so happy"

I snapped my fingers at her before she started daydreaming about Jungsoo-shi. Tsch! What does she see in him? Except for his heavenly eyes, perfect nose, those cute dimples and--- Ah! Kim Teayeon what are you saying! I stopped myself before I too, enter dreamland with Sooyoung. When the bus was finally filled, we started on our way. As usual, no ride is ever quiet with Sooyoung around. She keeps on cracking these jokes and I always laugh at it. If she's not joking around then she'll talk about food, how hungry she is, and it would always end up with me giving her my food. It's nothing new. I have been used to it after all and besides, she has always helped me when I needed her.

 

[Jessica's POV]

As I entered the bus, I hurriedly took my seat with Donghae oppa. Of course I was next to the window, so that when I want to sleep, I'd feel more comfortable. It's a good thing that the teacher let us go with whoever we want. I couldn't sleep at first, not with Sooyoung blabbing about random stuff, loud enough for the car next to us to hear. Donghae oppa saw how irritated I felt, so he gave Sooyoung some food to shut her up. He took out his iPod, put one earphone on his left ear and the other one on my right ear. He was playing classical music that made me so sleepy, and alas, I was off to dreamland.

 

[Donghae's POV]

I thought playing classical music would make her sleep; it always did work. I took off my jacket, put it on her and laid her head gently on my shoulders. I let her stay in that position till we arrived at the camping site. I tried waking her up but she wouldn't buldge.

"Classic Jessica" This is the bad thing with her sleeping, it's hard to wake her up. It's almost impossible to, but I have my plan: cucumber. Yup, she hates cucumber and the slightest smell of it would wake her up immediately. Donghae you are such a genius. I took a piece of sliced cucumber and waved it at her nose, and in a flash she woke up.

"Yah oppa! Take that away from me!" She screamed at me angrily and started hitting my arm.

"Sorry, but this is the only way to wake you up" I smiled. She pouted at me and I laughed at her silliness. The teacher called our attention and asked us to leave the bus already. I took our bags and went out with her following right behind. As I stepped outside, a gush of cold wind blew through me. 'Winter is near' I thought.

 

[Author's POV]

All the students fell in line at the sound of the whistle. The head teacher gave them the rules and regulations for the camp plus some instructions on what to do next. After the final words, they began to do their tasks like setting up the tents and fixing their things; they were also given time to take a rest. Lunch time came and everyone gathered at the table. A huge variety of food were set on each table.

"WOW! So many food!!" Sooyoung exclaimed happily. Her eyes were glistening with joy at the banquet placed before her.

"Thank you for the food!" The students said in unison, and before you know it they were digging in the food.

After the meal, the whole camp proceeded on the next activity: Amazing Race. They were paired together, one guy and one girl. Once they enter the racing grounds, they need to find the spots where their task is written. Once the task is done, they can move on to the next one until they finish the whole course. The pair that completes the race with the shortest amount of time would be the winner. The winning team would, of course, receive a prize. The losing team, however, would receive a punishment.

At the sound of the whistle, everyone ran like there's no tomorrow, eager to win the said activity.

"Hey! Hurry up will you" Taeyeon shouted to her partner. Why, of all people, is he my partner? Taeyeon thought. She believes that she just had the baddest of luck during the trip, being partnered wih Leeteuk; eventhough, she didn't let that bother her that much. The only thing she wants to do right now is to finish the race and not end up in last place. They continue to hike up the mountain, accomplishing each task they find.

While walking, Taeyeon couldn't help but feel uneasy of the narrow path they're taking. Without noticing, she slipped and was about to fall. She screamed and Leeteuk heard it. He quickly took a hold of her, but he lost his balance as well and they both fell down. When Taeyeon opened her eyes the first thing she saw was Leeteuk's wounded face. Surprised, she tilted her head back then noticed that he has her in his arms. She forcefully broke away and took a few steps back. She panicked when she saw how Leeteuk was unmoving on the gound.