A Phone Call Away

Intertwined

 

            Hesitantly I agree to their offer of letting me stay over. We walk in and see Baro with a chip sticking out of his mouth holding the bag in his hand. He swallows and asks, “Who’s she? Did one of you get a new girlfriend or something?” While my eyes shot up Sanduel and Gongchan shake their heads while blushing. “Oh what happened to the girl?” a voice said coming from a bedroom. Jinyoung and CNU come out scratching their heads. Sanduel proceeds to tell Baro and CNU the circumstances we are in while Jinyoung escorts me to the guest room.

(P.O.V. Jinyoung)

            I open the door and I help her put away her crutches. “If you need any more help feel free ask okay?” I wanted to say more to her since it’s our first meeting, but I couldn’t so I just ducked out of the room, but she stopped me before I did. Is it strange that I felt relieved when she called my name? I sat down next to her, and looked at her into the eyes. She spoke softly, but said, “I’d like to thank you all for letting me stay for the time being... I’m sorry to have been a bother to your home.” then she proceeds to bow. I stopped her and had her look into my eyes “You don’t have to bow, after all we aren’t that far apart in age are we? Anyway it was our pleasure to help such a cute girl like yourself. Now get some rest okay?” I smiled at her before I left.

            I walk out to find CNU putting Sanduel in a head lock. “What are you guys doing?! You’re going to hurt each other!” I pull them apart, but they start laughing. I give them a look of confusion when CNU says, “We’re just practicing for when Sanduel needs to protect his future girlfriend. He already has his eyes on a lucky girl with a cast, medium hair, and -” the rest of his sentence was cut off when Sanduel shut CNU’s mouth with his hand. “Enough of that!” After things quieted down a bit Baro and CNU when to sleep while Sanduel watched some tv. Just as I was about to get ready to sleep all so, Gongchan stopped me.

“Hey hyung, you want to go to the store with me?”

“Okay sure. I was just going to go tomorrow, but now works just as well. I just hope they’re still open.”

(P.O.V. Su-dae)

               While staying here and hour or so I couldn't hear a sound coming from outside my guest room. I figured they'd be a bit more energetic. I can't blame them though. After all it is almost 12a.m. But out of nowhere my phone starts to vibrate. There is no caller ID. I hesitantly answer the phone.
"Hello? Who is this?"
"It's barely been a day and you've forgotten me already?"
"No. You don't have a caller ID."
"I'm trying to be cute here. It's me from the auditorium."
I automatically sit up. He's calling me at this late hour? He's probably just making a meeting with me. But why is my heart beating like this. You barely know the guy Su-dae. Get. A. Grip.
"Oh hello. What's up? It's pretty late."
"I'm not bothering you am I?"
"No, your fine. So what did you need from me?"
"I wanted to make a class session with you."
I was right. Nothing more.
"Oh okay.. Why don't we just meet up with each other at the school again? Twelve-ish?"
"Sounds good.."
Just as I was about to press the end button,
"Can I confess something before you hang up? Honestly I was just looking for a

reason to hear your voice again before I pass out for the night. Wow that sounded just as lame as it did in my head. I’m sorry."

            That made me smile. We said our goodbyes and hung up. I laid my head down and multiple thoughts flowed through my head. What should I wear? How do I explain my cast? How will I know it’s him? And the biggest question that kept me up the longest: Will I finally find out who he is and what he looks like?

(P.O.V Jinyoung/Gongchan)

“Who was that? Is it that girl you were talking about earlier?”

“Yeah.. I’m meeting her tomorrow. I’m actually getting butterflies.”

“Hey now we both have a girl to chase after.”

 

Fangirl moment: KYAAAAA!! Sorry I had to. What? Gongchan and Jinyoung have someone they are trying to win over? But there's only one girl! This is where I'm thinking of putting one (or more) of you guys in. What do you think?