Your Wedding Tux

Your Wedding Tux

A fire-engine red ’65 Pontiac GTO convertible pulled up in front of the quaint church and interrupted the wedding procession with a loud squealing of tires and strained breaks. The revelers stopped cheering and throwing rice as the newly married couple stopped dead on the church steps. The groom in particular looked quite alarmed when the driver got out and leaned up against the door of his car, aviators gleaming in the high noon sunlight. Said groom broke away from his bride and stormed over to the man, positively fuming at his presence.

“I invited you to the wedding, but if you’re going to act like this, you can just get the hell out! You’ve always been like this and I’m not falling for your dramatics, Jonghyun.”

Jonghyun only smiled as he reached for the other man’s hand. “Dramatics, my . I’m here to save the prince from the evil dragon.” A  you could be heard from the bride in the background. “Not you, Vic; I like you and I have nothing against you!” Jonghyun yelled back. “Anyway, you shouldn’t have to marry her if you don’t love her. It’s not like she loves you back.”

“And how do you know that I don’t love her? You don’t know anything – that’s why you and I are no longer ‘we’, .” He yanked his hand back out of Jonghyun’s grasp.

“Because, Kyuhyun, I know you a hell of a lot better than you think I know you. And you were dead wrong back then – I understood what you had to do and I still understand. What you didn’t get is that I just didn’t like it. But I’m not going to just sit back and cry about you running off with someone else and I sure as hell won’t sing at your wedding. This isn’t a ing music video.”

Before Kyuhyun could answer, all of his friends in the back laughed and jeered, obviously amused with the situation. Even the bride seemed alright with the whole ordeal. “We’re the ones that called him, Kyu!” one of them shouted. “You looked so miserable and Victoria didn’t want to be here either, so we staged an intervention.”

“See? Everything’s coming together perfectly. Get in the damn car and let’s drive off into the sunset and . I have a motel reservation I’d rather not skimp out on.” At this point, the rest of the crowd started chanting Go! Go! Go! as Victoria walked down the short pathway, handing her bouquet over to Kyuhyun and giving him a quick peck on the cheek as she strolled back to the rest of the wedding party. Kyuhyun just stood there quite confused, even as Jonghyun stepped back and opened the door for him.

“We just got married, though! We made vows in front of God, Jjong – what am I supposed to do?” Kyuhyun whined petulantly, feeling lost for the first time in his life.

“If God really cares that much about a loveless marriage, He has messed up priorities. Besides, when we get to Vegas, we can get married in front of Elvis if that makes you feel better. He won’t judge you.”

Kyuhyun sighed in defeat and finally sat down in the car with Jonghyun slamming the car door shut after him. The rest of the party cheered and waved as Kyuhyun sunk into his seat and Jonghyun hopped into the driver’s seat, peeling off to the sounds of well-wishes and the radio blasting an obnoxiously loud Japanese punk song.

When they finally got to Vegas, they opted to have Captain Kirk officiate the ceremony, instead.