LIVE.

Live, Laugh, Love

 

This story ain't like the others. Well, probably one in a HUNDRED 'cause it's so hard to be original these days... I'm joking. I'm here to tell a story about a boy, played by the cruel humour of Fate and Destiny. He slowly evolved from a foolish cocky brat to one wise, and clever young man after all of the lessons in life he learned.

 

They say, “First love never dies.” It is the most powerful love of all. Being in-love for the first time is like a baby receiving his first ever birthday cake. It may be from a childhood crush that bloomed into a strong and powerful emotion, it may come from a confusing feeling towards your best friend, or just an amazing heart felt attraction towards an unknown stranger.

 

Being in-love isn't something you can plan. It is unexpected. You may never know it, but once you do.. the truth about being head over heels towards a person will just come running at you smacking your face like a cold hard brick. One advice... Be careful.

 

 

 

“Man Joon. Your parties are always legendary! How do you do it?” Donghae praised his friend's Party throwing skills. His buddy just shrugged with a mischievous look on his face and faced Hae. He just chuckled.

 

“I don't know dude. Is it because I'm awesome?” Joon answered. Hae playfully shoved his best friend's shoulder. “Oh, and nice costume by the way. You look like the most alive zombie here pal.” he pointed out and they both laughed. Hae was just wearing a black leather jacket, a v-neck shirt with fake blood just on the corner of his right eye near his nose bridge. “Say, how's Super Junior going on for you?” he asks.

 

“I don't know. Me and the boys are just enjoying the fun of it. Not to mention the free food and clothes.” they both laughed. “And all attention from the female population too.” he added wiggling his eyebrows.

 

“Yeah and about that. I'm surprised you and your mates aren't mugged by girls in this party yet.” Hae just shrugged. Honestly though, he doesn't like all the attention coming from the girls. He hates it when girls surround him acting like he's a god or something. He really despises it when a girl in front of him faints. He just wanted to be treated like a normal person. It got him thinking that; what will happen if they would be known worldwide? Will their screaming fans increase? He doesn't really loathe all the attention but sometimes it just gets too much.

 

“I don't know Joon. I don't know..” when these words left his mouth, his eyes unpurposedly darted to a girl. A girl with a cute navy blue witch hat and a mini dress with the same color. She was happily talking to one of her friends with a cup in hand. Donghae, who was speechless to see a girl who caught his attention for the night was faced by the girl. Once she spotted him looking at her, she smiled sweetly making friendly eye contact. Hae returned the favor. “Uhm, Joon.. I.. I gotta go. See 'ya later.” he informed his mate about leaving. Obviously he's going to that girl. Right, guys?

 

“Uhh, Hey.” he greeted with that charming crooked smile of his. The girl sweetly smiled at him again. He saw that glitter in her eyes when she grinned at him. “I'm Donghae.” he introduced himself. She laughed.

 

“I know who you are.” she giggled again which caused him to smile. “I'm Jessica.” she introduced back while politely giving her hand for him to shake. He took it without hesitation.

 

“Nice to meet you Jessica.”

 

After hours and hours of talking. The two newly fond best friends were about to bid their goodbye's to each other. But it looks like Donghae doesn't want to say goodbye.

 

“Well, look at the time. It really does fly when you're having fun.” Sica said facing Donghae. She looked tired. Nearly a step to falling asleep.

 

“I really had a great time with you. When can I see you again?” Hae asked hopefully. The natural gleam from Jessica's eyes vanished when he asked her that and Donghae noticed it. “Jessica? What's wrong?” she shook her head and smiled.

 

“Nothing. I just need to go now that's all. And not to mention I am exhausted.” she said with an exagerrated tone. Hae just chuckled. “But, I hope to see you again soon.” she smiled and stood up from the couch they were sitting at near the balcony, and headed to the door. Donghae followed her but didn't go outside. Her mother was already waiting for her in the car. Once she got in, she waved goodbye to Hae. Which he also responded with a small wave.

 

“I hope to see you again soon too, Jessica.”

 


 

“Had fun last night, boys?” BoA asked the five guys about their night at the party. Which is answered by some 'Pretty well' and 'A blast!' statements. “Well, that's good news.” she smiled looking amused. She noticed that Hae didn't answer and was staring into space. She worriedly asked the fish boy. “How about you Hae? How was your night?” she asked him again while plopping down a vacant seat near the already eating Leeteuk and started putting some cereal in her bowl. But Donghae didn't answer. All the boys started staring at him worriedly too. “Hae?”

 

“Yeah?” he responded, clearly oblivious to the question thrown at him. His bandmates and housemate laughed at him. He looked confused and asked again. “What is it Boo?”

 

“I said.” she said then took a sip from her cup. “Did you had fun last night?” now all the boys stared at him again. He couldn't help a smile creep up his face and stared unto space again. “Well, I take that as a yes.” BoA chuckled.

 

“What are you so happy about, mate?” Leeteuk was now the one to throw a question at him. “Did you meet a pretty lady?” he and chuckled. The others joined him. But Donghae smiled at them and nodded slowly.

 

“Actually, yes. You're right. I did meet a pretty lady.” when he said this, all of them looked surprised. But then again, it crossed their minds that; It's Lee Donghae we're talking about here.

 

“Yeah. Hae? Can't get any girl? Psh. Go figure.” Siwon sarcastically intervened. BoA laughed at his painful humour. Hae just glared at him. “What? It's true.”

 

“Will you stop it Siwon. We didn't do anything you brute. We just.. talked.” he responded shyly. Siwon bursted into fits of laughter and clutched his stomache. Donghae continued to glare at him. “What the hell's so funny, Siwon?” Siwon stopped laughing and wiped a tear from his eye.

 

“Oh, you're serious..” now he really turned back into serious mode while Donghae sighed and nodded. BoA stood up and excused herself so the boys could have their talk. Sungmin stood up from his seat and sat near Donghae.

 

“Do you guys happen to know a girl named Jessica from the party?” all of them shook their heads no. “Of course. I should call Joon then.” the boys looked at each other with horrified faces.

 

“Hae, you don't have to know who she is. I mean, she probably is in school right now, still sleeping, or lives in another country.” Hyuk piped in trying to convince his friend to not ask Joon about the 'mystery' girl named Jessica. Siwon nudged him in the rib and Sungmin slapped his bicep. “Ow!”

 

“Hyuk, what do you mean lives in another country?” the latter looked at his mates suspiciously trying to read each of their expressions. It seems that they know something about Jessica that he doesn't. And he clearly does not like it. “Spill the beans HyukJae.”

 

“Fine.” he sighed as he looked at his best friend with sadness. “Jessica Jung is American.” Hae raised his eyebrow at Hyuk's answer. He cleared his throat awkwardly and tried to continue. “Furthermore, she is known in my friend's school. And unfortunately, it was her last day yesterday so she spent it by having fun. Entering any kinds of social gathering she could see in the streets because basically, she ain't gonna come back here anymore.” he finished explaining never breaking eye contact with Hae. He can read the disappointment in his buddy's eyes. “I'm sorry bro. I can really see you like her. But what the hell,” he tried to ease the tension in the room. “There are many prettier girls in the city. Right pal?” Donghae smiled at Eunhyuk's positivity and nodded. He then excused himself from the dining area.

 

“Man, he really likes that girl... a lot.”

 

 

Donghae's POV

 

Life's so unfair. One moment you find a perfect girl and the next thing you know, she lives an ocean away. This . Wait, why am I being like this? I thought about a girl like this. Just thinking about the fact that I AM thinking about a girl LIKE this makes me shudder. Man, this is so messed up.

 

“Hae, we're leaving in an hour. Better get ready bro.” I heard Leeteuk shout from outside my room. Okay, this is the best way to get rid of the thoughts from that girl.

 

“Yeah, yeah! I will be!”

 

 

1 year later.

 

The Super Junior boys were now getting ready for their tour in the US with BoA. They are the opening act for this Beautiful Singer for the rest of the year.

 

After the Super Show Concert. The band worked wonders. Their first international hit, Sorry, Sorry climbed number 1 in various charts. They were now living the dream and touring the United States is one of 'em.

 

“Woah. I can't believe we got this far. I mean, It felt like it was just yesterday when we were first auditioned as a group in-front of boss SM. Ah, good times. Good times.” Leeteuk decided it would be funny to reminisce their journey with a good humour. And it did. It was funny. The way he said it made the boys laugh.

 

“And now, we're cruising the streets of NYC! Yeah baby!” Yesung screamed while raising he arms up. “In a Limo too! Woohooo!” he added still screaming. Donghae winced and covered his right ear.

 

“Shut up Yesung!” he said in between laughter. “You're making my ear bleed!” they still continued on laughing even though there's nothing to laugh about. They were clearly happy and having fun to notice that there is nothing funny at all.

 

“Alright boys, having fun there?” their tour manager, Jung Hoon, asked the guys from the front seat.

 

“Couldn't be better pal.” Hae answered.

 

“We're going to have a quick stop at Lj studios to meet your New York fans tonight. Excited?” all the boys faces lit up and they eagerly nodded. “Okay. I'll take that as a yes.”

 

The crowd isn't as big as they thought it would and their smiles turned even brighter. It's like the people were just 10-15 persons. 20 tops. They got out of the Limo and greeted their girls.

 

After minutes of talking, taking pictures and signing autographs, Hae saw a familiar girl coming towards their direction. So familiar that he immediately knew who it was. His heart beat faster as the girl came closer and closer. She seemed to notice him too and stopped at her tracks. Hae smiled at her and she smiled back.

 

“OhmyGod! It's Super Junior!” A random girl walking the street screamed and pointed at the boys. Soon, many people were crowding them and the girl was slowly covered behind the many girls that were coming. Hae tried to look for her in the crowd. And it looks like she wanted to see him too so she tried to move her head rapidly just to search for him. As the number of girls increased, he couldn't see her anymore. He pushed past the girls politely and reached the back of the crowd. But the girl was nowhere in sight. Well, you probably know who the girl is, right? Yep, you've guessed it correctly.

 

“Jessica...” It seems that Donghae didn't forget her at all.