April Fool's Prank Turned to Reality

April Fool's Prank Turned to Reality

 

After a tiring day of doing fan service such as hugs, winks and kisses, the manager called it a day and drove 2PM back to their dorm. Once back at the dorm, everyone hurriedly ran inside to take a shower or to get something to eat. Wooyoung, on the other hand, was too tired to even walk so he was dragging himself to the front door. He tried to open the door only to find it locked.

“Ya! Open the door!” Wooyoung knocked without much strength, waiting for footsteps to be heard. Nothing, he heard nothing but the roars of the beasts inside the dorm.

“Open the door, I tell you!” Now, he was knocking furiously. He was so tired with the fan meeting they had today and he was not in the mood to be playing with those immature members of his.

“Ya! If you don’t open the door by the count of three, I’ll ki---” Splash!!! Wooyoung felt water come in contact with his skin and it was not just water, it was ice cold water. He could feel bits of crushed ice going down his cheeks and neck. He wiped my face and stared at the beast-dol in front of him.

“What the hell was that for?!” Wooyoung glared.

“Happy April Fool’s Day! Don’t be so grumpy now, eh Wooyoung?” Taecyeon put his arms on Wooyoung’s shoulder and pulled him into the dorm. Chansung was sitting at the sofa and scanning for shows to watch.

“It’s not funny, hyung. I’m not in the mood to be playing games with you right now.” Wooyoung walked over to the bathroom to get a towel, only to see that all the towels gone.

“Where are the towels?” He stormed off, going to the laundry room.

“Oh, they’re all dirty so I washed them this morning. Look in the backyard if they’re dry then put them back in the bathroom.” Nichkhun shouted from the kitchen. Nichkhun must have been cooking because the spicy aroma of ramyun filled their dorm.

Wooyoung went to their backyard to get a towel and dried himself up. After drying, he got all the other towels to put in our bathroom but before he could get the last towel, he heard someone screaming from the living room. “Wooyoung-ah!!! Your goddess is on TV! Hurry up!” My goddess? Oh, right. It’s Sunday today so there’s Inkigayo. My IU is on TV!

Wooyoung ran as fast as I could, leaving all the towels outside. He placed myself in front of the television, blocking Chansung and Junho’s view.

“Ya! I’m gonna kick your head if you don’t move!” Chansung threatened him but he was too engrossed with IU’s beauty. How long has it been since I’ve seen that heart-warming smile? That dazzling eyes? And that puffy cheeks I so want to pinch?

“I actually have a surprising announcement to make today.” IU started, a shy smile on her face.

“Keep quiet or you’ll be sleeping outside tonight.” Wooyoung shushed the two and listened intently to IU’s “surprising” announcement.

“When I get a boyfriend, I’ve always wanted to reveal it on “Inkigayo” first.” Did I hear it right, boyfriend? “Since it’ll be difficult to reveal his name, I’ll just leave a video message for him.” Wooyoung felt like his whole world had suddenly collapsed. He always assumed that IU liked him even a bit ever since their “Dream High” days because of the way people tease them, saying that “sparks” were flying everywhere they went. He always thought that despite IU’s lack of contact, there might still be some chance of an “us” forming between them. But Wooyoung guessed it really was just hopeful wishing for him… Because now, IU had just reveal that she has a boyfriend, a boyfriend who is not him, a boyfriend who cannot be named, meaning he must be a celebrity like them.

“Taeyang?” Nicole teased. Taeyang? Then it must be a fangirl’s dream come true for her then…

“No! No, no, no! I’m just a huge fan of his. Don’t misunderstand, viewers.” IU pinched Nicole’s arm lightly. Phew. At least it’s not Taeyang, I could not beat him if it was true.

“If you say so…” Hara continued teasing.

“No, it’s not him. I promise.” IU then looked straight into the camera.

“Honey…” her eyes were sparkling like the stars above the moonlit sky. I cannot take this. I’ll die if I ever hear her say “honey” again.

Wooyoung reached for the remote control behind him and turned off the television with his shaking hands.

“Ya! We were waiting for IU’s message!” Junho tried to grab the remote control from Wooyoung but Chansung pulled him. He shook his head and turned to the depressed member. Junho looked at him as well and his mischievous grin turned into a frown. I must have looked like a mess for him to stop annoying me so suddenly.

“Well… Let’s… let’s grab something to eat, shall we?” Chansung coughed and pushed the two to the kitchen.

“Oh, guys. I was about to call you. The ramyun’s done. Let’s eat.” Nichkhun was setting the table. Chansung pushed Wooyoung to once chair and called the others to eat.

While eating, there was an awkward silence among them. No one dared to speak. Maybe they heard what happened a while ago. So to break the silence, Wooyoung coughed and stood up.

“Guys, wanna have a drinking session right now?” he walked over to the fridge to get some bottles of soju.

“But I have to…” Junsu was about to complain when Taecyeon stuffed some noodles in his mouth.

“Okay, call! It’s been a while since all of us drank together.” Taecyeon grabbed a bottle from Wooyoung’s hand and opened it. The others followed and soon, the kitchen was filled with rumbled conversations. Taecyeon’s complaint about his unfinished movie download, Junsu’s frustration over his unfinished lyrics and of course, Wooyoung’s frustration over the IU’s “surprising” announcement.

“The lyrics are supposed to be sad but… why am I writing about being happy over the death of my pet turtle.” Junsu drank another shot of soju.

“Yes, that’s true. And why is my movie not yet finished? I’ve been downloading it all week!” Taecyeon patted Wooyoung’s cheeks.

“Who is this boyfriend of yours, IU? Why can’t it just be me?!” Wooyoung grabbed Taecyeon’s face and pulled him in for a kiss but before anything could happen, Chansung pulled Taecyeon and dragged him to his room while Wooyoung fell to the ground. Junho grabbed Junsu’s arm and went to the living room. Meanwhile, Nichkhun was contemplating on calling IU to confirm the news as he was not able to watch Inkigayo a while ago.

“Jieun-ah… My lovely Jieun…” Wooyoung whispered over and over, calling IU to him. Nichkhun pulled him up and dragged him to the living room where Junsu was sleeping in Junho’s lap. “Junho, take care of him for a while. I’m going to make coffee and call Jieun.”

“Okay, oka--- Say what? You’re going to call IU?!” Junho almost woke the two because of his almost shouting voice.

“Yes, I’m going to call her to tell her what mess Wooyoung did to himself because of him.” Nichkhun grabbed Wooyoung’s phone lying around the table in the living room and walked away to make coffee. He looked for IU’s name in the contact list and giggled a bit to see her name as “My Cutie Pilsook ”. He pressed call and after four rings, a delighted voice greeted him.

“Wooyoung oppa! It’s rare for you to call me.” IU said, her tone a little bit too delighted.

“Jieun-ah. This is Nichkhun oppa.” He heard a light sigh from the other side.

“Oh… Nichkhun oppa. What’s the problem? I mean, what’s up?” IU tried to sound as cheerful as before but Nichkhun could hear the disappointment in her voice.

“Well, oppa has a favor to ask from you.”

“What is it, oppa?”

“Can you come to our dorm right now?” he heard the breathing on the other line stop.

“Wh-why, oppa? Is this some prank on April Fool’s Day?” IU smiled nervously. What is this girl thinking? Nichkhun thought to himself.

“No, it’s not some prank. I wanted you to come here because Wooyoung’s in a bad state right now. As in, real bad.” Nichkhun could hear the faint gasp from the other line.

“Wha-what happened to him, oppa?” IU stuttered a bit, worry evident in her voice.

“Do you have a boyfriend, Jieun-ah?”

“Huh? Of course, I don’t have one. Why are you asking that out of the blue? And what does that have to do with Wooyoung oppa?” IU’s voice changed from worry to confusion.

“Well… He watched today’s episode of Inkigayo and heard you talking about your boyfriend so he… uhmm… he’s a bit too drunk right now.” Nichkhun tried to explain.

“What?! O-Okay! I’m coming right over! Send me your address.” IU hanged up and Nichkhun went back to the living room with four cups coffee on a tray.

“So, how’d it go? What did IU say?” Junho whispered, afraid to wake the two sleeping members.

“Well, she said that she doesn’t have a boyfriend and she is coming over right now.” Nichkhun gave a cup to Junho and started to wake Wooyoung.

“Wooyoung-ah. Wake up. Someone’s going to visit you in a bit.” Wooyoung didn’t budge.

“Wooyoung-ah. Your goddess is coming to see you. Are you sure you don’t want to fix yourself before she comes?” Nichkhun whispered in Wooyoung’s ear and his eyes fluttered open. “My goddess?”

“Yes, your goddesss. Now drink this cup of coffee so that you can think straight later. I don’t want you saying incoherent words to her later.” Nichkhun pulled Wooyoung up and gave him a cup.

 

After a half hour or so, Wooyoung was feeling a bit better but his head was still a bit clouded so he went out to the balcony to freshen up. Junho had already pulled Junsu back into his room and tucked him into bed, leaving Nichkhun to take care of Wooyoung. A faint knock was then heard from the door and Nichkhun opened the door almost immediately.

“Nichkhun oppa, good evening. I’m sorry to barge into your dorm late at night.” IU bowed in apology.

“No, no. I should be the one saying sorry because I asked a teenage to come to a dorm full of boys.” Nichkhun offered her to come in. IU looked around the living room to look for Wooyoung. He found Wooyoung at the balcony, looking up at the stars in the sky. The moonlight gave a different glow to Wooyoung’s face and before IU’s heart was about to explode, she contained herself and went to the balcony.

“Jason.” IU called and almost instantly Wooyoung turned his head.

“Pilsook-ah…” Wooyoung walked slowly towards IU who was grinning like a child. It’s my goddess. My goddess is finally in front of me. Am I dreaming right now? ‘Cause if I am, I don’t want to wake up. Wooyoung thought to himself, a small smile forming in his face.

“Jason, I heard you’ve been naughty today. Why have you been drinking too much, huh?” IU reached out for Wooyoung’s hand.

“Because… You said you had a boyfriend. Here I thought WooU couple is forever.” Wooyoung baby talked and pouted. IU laughed at his silliness. “Of course I don’t have a boyfriend. Didn’t you watch the whole thing in Inkigayo? I said I was just kidding!”

“Wha-what? But… But you were leaving a message for your boyfriend.” Wooyoung whined. Is he still drunk? IU could not believe that the Wooyoung he admired so much was acting like a baby, it was so cute.

“Yes, I was. I said, “Honey… Just kidding.” You didn’t watch the whole thing, then?”

“Well… I got pissed so turned off the television the moment you said “Honey”.” Wooyoung confessed. Wow, this dream is getting better and better.

“Silly. If you watched until the end, you wouldn’t have acted like this. I don’t have a boyfriend. Today’s April Fool’s Day and I just wanted to joke the audience.” IU suddenly hugged Wooyoung who was taken aback by her actions. Slowly, he s his arms around IU and laid his head on her shoulder, smelling the sweet vanilla scent of her hair. “But… if you wanted it to be true…”

Suddenly, IU’s hands were on Wooyoung’s face and she pulled him gently, closing all the distance they had before. IU’s lips were on Wooyoung’s and fireworks started to explode in Wooyoung’s heart. IU gently pulled out and smiled her perfect smile to Wooyoung. “This is such a good dream…” Wooyoung blurted out.

“What? What dream?” IU was confused.

“This. I was already happy to see my goddess in front of me and for her to kiss me, it was the perfect ending for my dream. I wouldn’t kill the others if they wake me up right now.” Wooyoung said, drifting into his own world. The kiss was felt so real that I could still feel her lips on mine.

“Ya! What are you saying this is a dream? I came all the way here from the recording for you!” IU pinched Wooyoung’s cheeks hard.

“Ouch! Ouch!” IU let go of his cheeks and crossed her arms, smiling mischievously at him. So this wasn’t a dream at all?!

“So this is true? You really… ki-kissed me? Am I… Am I your boyfriend now?” Wooyoung stuttered, trying to make the words come out of his mouth properly.

“Yes, this is true. This is real. I… kissed you. And yes, you are my boyfriend now.” IU blushed and looked at the night sky, avoiding Wooyoung’s gaze.

“So… I am your boyfriend now?!” Wooyoung repeated. IU nodded and Wooyoung jumped around the balcony, his wide smile almost breaking his face. He started screaming things like “Woohoo!”, “I’m the boyfriend of a goddess!”, and “Jieun is mine!”.

“Oppa, you’re disturbing the whole neighborhood. Lower your voice.” IU pulled at the sleeve of his shirt. IU was startled when Wooyoung turned to hug him tightly.

“Thank you, Jieun-ah. I love you.” Wooyoung whispered into her ears.

“I know. And… I love you too.” IU smiled happily at the newly formed relationship with Wooyoung, the man who stole her heart with his dazzling gaze and flawlessly puffy cheeks. He, who she had been admiring for quite some time now, had finally told her that she loves him. And it was all because of that prank she pulled today in front of all the audience of Inkigayo. I guess my prank came true after all.