Chapter 2

Best Friends

"Earth to Jane! Stop day dreaming!!" CL was waving her hands in front of my face which broke my thoughts away.

"I so was not.." 

"Anyway! What would you like to order today?"

"You already know it," I smirked.

"One hot chocolate and choc cookie coming up!" 

I smiled and then proceeded to pay and walked over to my usual seating which is the far corner that had a nice window view. So what was I planning to do today? Who knows, I tend to just follow the flow. It was currently 11am and thus this is usually when the breakfast rush dies down but looking around it was very busy today. 

Minzy came and gave me my order and smiled before she left to serve the other customers. After finishing my hot chocolate, boy did I feel happy. It seriously just lifts my mood. I looked over to the queue and it was packed! It full surprised me and everything. I immediately stood up and picked up my mug and went straight behind the counter, I put my mug in the sink. I went to the staff's room and put my light blue work shirt on, along with our 'Happiness' apron. I walked right out and took a customer’s order. 

"Hi, what would you like today?" I asked.

"Just a small hot chocolate, please," a young lady smiled.

Then someone pushed me aside. I looked up and it was Bom. 

"A small hot chocolate coming up!" she eagerly said.

Bom came over to me, "Jane, what are you doing?"

"Taking a customer's order...?" I innocently replied.

"It's your day off! Go out and have some rest Jane! You keep on doing this, you need to you go and have some fun!"

"It's busy though! I want to help. Besides.. you know I haven't got anyone else to hang with.."

She gave me a sigh before she carefully took off my apron for me. 

"Then, you need to listen to me and go back over to your seat."

"Don't worry, I'll look for someone for you," popped in Dara winking at me.

"Dara!" I said, in surprise. 

"What? Just listen to Bom and go back to your seat."

Eventually I ended back at my seat; staring out the window again. Watching people pass by, parents and children holding hands walking along the busy streets. Everyone seemed happy with smiles on their faces. It made me smile with them. 

I started humming some tunes while looking out the window. I quickly took out my notebook in my handbag and jotted down some notes. 

"Hello...?" I heard someone call so I reacted to it and turned to the person. He was a young man probably the same age I was. 

"Um.. hey?" I smiled, still unsure what he was doing and trying to remember if I knew him.

"Is anyone taking this seat?" he asked, pointing to the seat infront of mine.

"Oh-oh no, no one is,” I honestly answered.

He pulled the chair out and sat down. I gave him a confused look and he just smiled. His smile was very bright; there was something about it that just makes you happy.

"You must think I'm weird," he shyly looked at me.

I smiled, "oh, no, I'm just surprised and wondering if I know you or something?" Yeah man, your kinda weird xD

"Oh, no you don't. I heard this place was a must go to so here I am."

"Ohhh, yes you came to the right place.."

"What's your name?" he questioned. I didn't know this guy at all and usually in a situation like this, you’d find me out the door already, but something inside of me made me blurt out my name.

"Jane.."

"Ah Jane, well I'm Daesung,” he smiled.

"It's nice to meet you, Daesung."

Then silenced filled in. I mean, it is hard for me to open up to people so I was having trouble in making the conversation not so awkward. Besides, I was now questioning why he had approached me.

"So.. Do you come here often?" he broke the silence.

"Yes, I actually work here.." 

"Oh!?"

"Yeah.."

"Then shall I come past often..?" he smiled and then laughed.

I couldn't help but laugh along with him. Seriously his smile is like so bright, it was extremely filled with happiness.

"I've got a question.." I finally gained the courage to ask.

"What is it?" he asked, looking over at me curious as to what I had to ask.

"Why did you approach me? .. I know it's weird asking but I'm just wondering.." I shyly asked.

He smiled, "Well, I don't know either but you seemed alone and so I decided I'd speak to you.. and people tend to tell me my smile brightens up their day, so I tried it out." 

I giggled, "And let me reassure you, they are right."

"I'm glad!"

Daesung seemed like a really nice guy to hang around with even though I just met him.

“So.. have you tried this awesome hot chocolate?” I was still finding it so difficult to keep the conversation going. Afterall, I’m pretty anti-social and he just popped in out of nowhere. 

“Actually, no I haven’t, I just came and somehow saw you alone so the first thing I did was approach you.”

“Oh! Well then let’s get you a hot chocolate, well if that’s okay?”

“That’d be a good idea! But I'll be paying.”

I stood up, "No need, treat this as a thank you present."

"For what?" he asked surprised. 

"For talking to me," I smiled and then excused myself and went over to the queue. It was really busy now. There was about 5 people already in front of me. When it was my turn, CL served me.

“Hey there gorgeous, what can I get for you?” she smirked.

I giggled at her, “A hot chocolate please."

“A hot chocolate coming up! For that guy over there?” She questioned and of course whispering the last part. I nodded which immediately caused her to have the biggest grin but I just shook it off. I swear these girls; have always wanted me to find my ‘other half’.

After receiving the drink, I walked over back to Daesung who was now looking through the window I originally was.

“Here you go!”

“Oh! Thank you Jane! But I'm treating you next time!"

“No worries! I hope you feel the happiness it’s meant to deliver after you finish it.” I smiled and he returned the gesture.

Silence once again kicked in; not surprisingly. Daesung continued to give me glances ever so often which cause me to blush a little.

“Your beautiful” he looked up to me and we made eye contact.

This totally shocked me. “umm.. thank you?” I felt like my cheeks were going red.

He laughed, “Can’t accept compliments very well?”

“Yeah, that’s about right” I shyly looked at him.

“So, are we friends?” he asked.

“You know what, to be honest, yeah why not.” I smiled. “Hey, I have a question, did Dara over there, you know, tell you to come here?”

He grinned at me. “Honestly, that’s right-“

“Hey! you lied to me!”

“I didn’t! You did look lonely! And even though I’m friends with 2NE1 I still haven’t been to their store.”

Something about this guy made me give in.

“I have to tell my bros about this place.” He swiftly changed the subject.

“You sure do!” I just went along with it.

“I’m actually in a boy band with them.”

“Oh! So your into music!?”

He nodded.

“So am I!” wow, I can’t believe I just admitted something I usually keep on the low side.

“Oh really!! What do you do?”

“I produce, sing and rap as a hobby.”

“We need to collaborate!” he insisted.

“I'm not good though..So tell me about your band”

“Well were called BIGBANG and there are 5 members.”

"Bigbang? As in a BIG and then a BANG? So you guys are like BIG and you guys rock the stage like a BANG!? Like an explosion?" I looked up to him and .. his expression was priceless. I felt so embarrassed.

"Sorry.. my bad.. ignore what I said."

He giggled, "You know what Jane, your awesome. That's like the best interpretation."

I couldn't stop laughing at my statement, which made him laugh along with me. 

30 minutes passed and Daesung told me everything about his group. Then he started asking questions about me. I ended up telling him about Jay.

“Jane?” called out a very familiar voice.

___________________________

Author’s Note:

My apologies for the slow update guys!

But I seriously I appreciate every one of you subscribers!

Yes, I thought I'd bring in BIGBANG, cause their awesome xD

Thank You for subscribing, commenting and reading. Silent readers! I appreciate your support too! =)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

@adventuretime8  Thank you for your comment =) I apologies for the slow update! But here it is! =)