CHAPTER III: The First Time

My Heart is Only Yours~ (내 마음은 당신입니다~)

CHAPTER III: The First Time

 

I’ve been sitting alone in here for 10 minutes when 5 young guys entered the French themed café. They caught the attention of a lot of customers not because of their looks, but because they were chatting pretty loudly. Again, the barristas greeted them like how they greeted pretty much every customer who comes in. The boys courteously greeted them back, bowing with cheerful smiles on their faces. WOW! Good mannered guys! I almost clapped alongside with that thought but since it’ll be kinda awkward to actually do it, I just did it in my mind.ㅋㅋㅋ!

 

While side eyeing them unnoticeably, they started scanning the café. A tall guy behind them jumped in front and almost shouted “Jeogitta!” Startled, I looked at them as they started heading this way.

 

“Nooonaaaa!!!” The same guy charmingly called out to me. It took a while for my brain to process that the guy is actually my beloved cousin. Hmm, was the morning shower not enough? My brain isn’t working too well today. Aigoo.

 

I stood up immediately as I recognize him and hugged the adorable creature in front of me. “Channie-yaaa!!” I almost squealed due to my over excitement! We hugged each other tightly while jumping around like overjoyed kids who got presents from Santa Claus. Ohyeah, it was a funny scene to witness. ㅋㅋㅋ!

 

Realizing that our heartfelt reunion seemed to have attracted the customers' attention, I immediately pulled back from the warm hug. I smiled and bowed embarrassedly to them showing my apologies, which is also a sign for them to go back mind their own businesses.

 

Still standing, I faced my longed cousin, held his once childly hands and excitedly told him, now with a more calm but still overjoyed tone, “Ohmygod! I didn’t recognize you!! Uwaaah! You’ve become really handsome! And you’ve gotten taller too!!”

 

“Ei noona~ Kamsaeyo~ Noona too, you’ve become prettier too but. . . it seems that you’re too skinny. But still pretty! Hehe~” He innocently smiled at me. That comment again? Sigh. But I know he didn’t have any ill implication.

 

With a despaired look, I replied, “Aigoo, araaa! Huhuhu. *Sigh* I know, I know I need to gain weight. But anyways, it’s so nice to see you again Channie yaaa!!”

 

“Nado! Nado! Nado! Noonnaaaa~~” With his hyper reply, we hugged one more time.

 

Because I got too carried away with what was happening, I have forgotten about the other 4 guys who were standing behind Channie. Two of them were looking at us with awed expressions while the two guys a bit behind them were giggling and chatting almost mutely at each other. I got back to reality and realizing that we have been standing for quite a long time, I told them “Let’s sit!” and laughed shyly.

 

We sat down but since the spot I chose was for 4 persons only, the two awed guys, a tall guy with tied long hair along with a skinny squinty-eyed guy, both pulled a table and 2 chairs, placed it next to ours and then sat on it. I was sitting beside the glass wall while Channie, of course, sat beside me. In my front is a small-eyed guy  and beside him is a droopy-eyed guy wearing a navy blue bonnet. I don’t know why but they were both smiling happily which I find a little mind-boggling.

 

“AH, I almost forgot!” Channie started to talk, “Hyungdeul, this is my older cousin, Choi Soo Yeon. Noona, these are my group members (starting in my front to the one beside him) Sandeul hyung, Baro hyung, Shinwoo hyung and our leader Jinyoung hyung. Yaay!” He clapped joyously after introducing us while the rest of us greeted one another with numerous bows and “Annyeonghaseyo.”

 

The guy in front of me, Sandeul, raised his hand and asked me, “Ah, Soo Yeon-ssi, myeotsal ieyo?”

 

“Jeo nun 22sal ieyo.” I replied smiling.

 

“Ah noona ne.” Baro said with a little disappointment in his face while Sandeul is still smiling at me.

 

“Why? Didn’t Channie tell you?”

 

“Haha! Mianhe hyung, I thought there’s no need for you to know. Hehehe!” The maknae replied without even having the slightest feeling of apology.

 

“Aish, neo!” Baro pointed at him. While jokingly being mad, he reached to slap the hand of Channie but Channie immediately pulled it away resulting to Baro slapping the table instead. *PAAAKK* The rest of us just laughed, Sandeul really laughed loudly, and the awkward mood before was uplifted. Two of Baro’s front teeth showed in his embarrassed smile and a picture of the squirrel I saw in the morning while watching TV just flashed in my mind. Ai gwiyeo~ He looks like a daramji (squirrel)!ㅋㅋㅋ!

 

Amidst the laughter, the leader asked us caringly, “Do you wanna eat or drink something? I’ll go buy for you.” and gave us an almost blinding smile. My heart skipped a beat! OMO! I have a weakness in smiles like his! Very dazzling! Banjjak banjjak! His smile complimented his flower boy image. Aww, he’s charming :) , I immediately thought.

 

“But hyung, we will be eating lunch in a while.” The maknae gently replied.

 

“Ah matta.” He looked down and whispered something to himself which I perfectly heard, but I’m a little thirsty, then looked at us once again. “Then. . . why don’t we head out and look for a place to have lunch?” All the members nodded in agreement.

 

Concerned about my dongsaengs, I told them, “Ah, why don’t you guys buy some refreshments first? You might be a little thirsty from the trip.”

 

“Now that you mentioned it noona, I think I am. Hehe.” Channie said.

 

Channie, Sandeul, Baro and I put our coats on before going outside. Feeling the early December cold, we waited for the other two boys who bought a bottle of water and 2 iced mocha. Then we walked along the sidewalk and headed to a mall nearby. Shinwoo and Jinyoung walked ahead of us while checking on us regularly. The three kiddos beside me started to get really talkative and asked me a lot of questions and told me a lot of stuff along the way. Hahaha! They’re so fun to be with! Very ador(k)able! :)))

 

We ate in a Japanese restaurant that I recommended. I actually haven’t eaten there yet so I wanted to try it out. Surprisingly, all of the dishes we ordered were really scrumptious! Yum yum! I love Japanese food! We chatted for a while after the delicious meal and sipped my iced tea for the last time before leaving.

 

 After lunch, we walked around the Cineplex and checked out the huge “Now Showing” screen where all the movies being shown were listed. I was especially eyeing on the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 1. I really really really want to watch it but since they might not like it, I just looked at the other listed movies. Then Jinyoung shouted excitedly “Harry Potter! Harry Potter!” The three younger boys chanted with him joyously while I laughed at their funny actions. Hahaha! They’re funny! Then I noticed Shinwoo also laughing at them with his arms crossed. He looked at me, our eyes met, and we exchaged smiles.

 

The two hyungs bought the tickets while me and the three younger boys bought some drinks, cheese popcorn and some chips. HAHA! I guess we’re not that full yet. LOL! And after 2 and a half hours, we came out from the cinema chatting happily, sharing thoughts about how good the movie was. We strolled around the mall for another 30 minutes and decided to enter a cafe. I checked my watch and saw that it’s past half 4 o’clock. We ordered some drinks and slices of cakes. OH-MY-GOD! SWEETS!! I tried to hide my desire to eat these heaven sent pastries but my happiness was shown all over my face. Hahaha.

 

They all looked at me while trying hard not to let a single laugh get out of their mouths. Then Channie asked me, “Is it really that good noona?” Sweet laughter filled the place as I nodded happily at him. Sandeul noticed that there were not enough forks for all of us.

 

"Naega halke." Baro volunteered but instead of standing up, he took Sandeul's eyeglasses and wore them. His eyes grew bigger as they peek in the thick lenses attached to the black plastic frame. Shocked how the lenses distorted his vision, he let out a pretty loud "OOUGH."

 

Jinyoung and Sandeul, getting the idea of Baro's action, both snickered and said while looking and pointing at him, "Eeeiiii! Seolma.. seolma.." Still confused, I looked at them, looked at Channie, then looked at Baro. Baro took the still unwrapped straw and got ready to say something.

 

"Accio fork!" Baro said strongly while waving the straw sideways. Ohmygosh. Did he just cast a Harry Potter spell?? I can't help it, I laughed, "Ahahahaha!"

 

"Aaai hyung, mwohaneun goya??" Channie said, feeling embarrassed for his hyung.

 

"Baro ya, wae geurae?" Jinyoung added as he put his hand on his dongsaeng's arm. Hahahaha!

 

Sandeul just kept laughing hard. Shinwoo laughed too and patted the back of Baro for a few times.

 

Our reunion slash first group date ended blissfully. Since they’re still trainees, they have to be back before a certain time set by their manager. What a sad reality. Outside the subway station, we exchanged goodbyes and Channie hugged me for the last time. I waved at them as they walked down the stairs and looked at them until I can’t see their backs anymore. I started to walk away heading to my apartment, tucked my hands in the side pockets of my coat and smiled with the thought Uwa, what I nice cold day~

 

 

_______________________________________________

 

UWAAH! Sorry if it's too long.. >__< I'll try to shorten it next time :(

And btw, I've been using some korean phrases, I hope you don't mind.

If you can't understand them, please tell me and I'll put the translations here below~~

Please tell me what you think >___<

Thank you for reading my story!! have a nice day!!

 

 

♥ Yoojin~