In a Clocks' Gallery

Time Gallery

Kim Joonmyun looked up and saw that he was standing in front of his friend’s gallery. He was just surprised. Why did he get here? He was on the way home and now he found himself going to his friend’s. Yeah, he needed to go anywhere. He must forget things happened hours ago.  Oh, really, he needed a mood-booster.
“Welcome, Joonmyun ssi!” Cho Kyuhyun said cheerfully as Joonmyun entered his clocks gallery. Kyuhyun just acted that Joonmyun was one of his costumers. Joonmyun laughed slightly at Kyuhyun’s words and slowly walked to him.
“Don’t be so formal with me, Hyung. I’m just your dongsaeng.” He said when he reached Kyuhyun.
“But now you’re visiting my gallery. It means you’re my costumer.” He said evilly. “Costumers are the kings~~” he sang.
“Bah, I’m not even going to buy one of your clocks.” Joonmyun frowned.
“Of course you have to! You have to buy one, Joonmyunnie!” Kyuhyun’s words were full of forcefulness. But seconds later he laughed. “So, what brings you here? You barely visit me.” he crossed arms in front of his chest.
Joonmyun smiled weakly. “Nothing.” He looked away. Hope Kyuhyun hyung won’t know my problems, he thought. But he was wrong. Kyuhyun absolutely knew what his problems. It was too obvious anyway. They were old friends and Kyuhyun knew everything about Joonmyun.
“A girl rejected you? Again?”
Joonmyun didn’t know what to say.
“Oh, don’t say that you still join blind dates that Jungsoo hyung arranged for his dongsaengs!” Kyuhyun pointed at Joonmyun with scary look.
“Unfortunately, yes.” Joonmyun looked down at his shoes. He just had to admit it. He always tried to find his true love, could we call it Miss Right? He had been alone for all his life. He just had family and friends and he still thought that something’s minus. He needed a girlfriend. He needed someone to love him and be with him everytime. Someone who always be there whenever he needed her. Someone who always gave him beautiful smile and cherished him. He needed a girlfriend.
He needed to find his soulmate.
“You’re a good guy, and you’re also good-looking. But why did those girls reject you?” Kyuhyun’s voice made Joonmyun comeback to reality. “They must be blind.”
“I don’t know, Hyung.” Joonmyun sighed. He didn’t know that finding his soulmate was this hard. He often went out with some girls Jungsoo introduced to him. And he felt that no one of them was his soulmate. They’re so different from what he thought before. And after he decided to want to know them more and slowly accepted them, they suddenly rejected him. They said some things they disliked from him. Many things. Seemed like Joonmyun was not good enough. Joonmyun himself didn’t know what’s wrong with him and why those girls disliked him. He never got it.
Even if  he’s not a good guy, will he still have a soulmate? Or never?
It was still a question that’s always in his mind. He never found an answer.
“Oh, just forget them, Joonmyunnie. You deserve a girl  nicer and more beautiful than them.” Kyuhyun patted Joonmyun’s back.
“Maybe you’re right, Hyung.” Joonmyun still had no energy to curl a smile.
“Of course I am! Come on, cheer up! You can’t be like this forever, you know.” He now patted Joonmyun’s back even harder. Joonmyun didn’t say a word. He was too heartbroken. Kyuhyun was confused but he still tried to make Joonmyun feel better. “I’m going to order some food! Just stay here, Joonmyunnie. Or you can go around and see my clocks?” he said in teasing tone as he pointed to some costumers who were busy looking his classic and luxurious clocks’ collection.
Joonmyun smiled, too weak. “I guess I can go home.”
“No, no, no! You just visit me and now you’re going to go home? No, Joonmyunnie! You must stay here!” he pushed Joonmyun to some rows of classic clocks. “I’ll be back later with food!” Kyuhyun went nowhere after shouting.
Joonmyun sighed. His hyung really didn’t need to do this to him. He would find himself better and happy like usual after 48 hours, after he forced himself to let everything go and to think that he would find his true love soon. Sometimes it worked, but maybe it didn’t today. He sighed hard and looked at his surroundings. Clocks and some costumers. Costumers who came to this gallery must be rich, because Kyuhyun’s clocks all were so expensive. They were so classic, yet beautiful and luxurious. They had some different design one to another and they came from different countries and designers. Joonmyun didn’t understand until today why Kyuhyun liked clocks.
And he didn’t realize that he was standing in front of a big clock. It was dark-brown colored and its design was so simple. It didn’t look so luxurious, but it did shining. It had a transparent glass under the dial as the others clocks had. There was a long chime in it. And nothing was special, it was just a chime. Joonmyun looked at the dial and saw the time. 5:21 PM. He wanted to see the chime work, but he must wait about a half hour. But he was wrong.
Tick, tick, tick, tick…
Joonmyun was surprised when he heard the chime chimed. It was too loud and he covered his ears with his hands. What the heck happened with this clock? He groaned. He looked again at the dial.
5:22 PM.
He covered his ears even tighter as the chime louder. He shut his eyes tightly. It was maybe around a minute, and then the chime stopped. He opened his eyes. He was still standing in front of the same clock, but when he was looking around his surroundings, he wasn’t sure he’s still in the same place or not. Kyuhyun’s gallery looked so full of people. Almost no space for others. Joonmyun just was being moved here and there by the costumers. They were just like an ocean. What did just happen? Everything went weird.
He didn’t know how long he spent time to go to the exit door. Perhaps he would die if he was still in that gallery. Is it really Kyuhyun’s gallery? Joonmyun looked up and saw the name in the mirror glass’ wall. Kyuhyun’s clocks gallery. Hey, nothing changed. It was Kyuhyun Hyung’s. Something was just surprised him again as he realized that his clothing changed. He remembered he came to Kyuhyun’s gallery in white-stripes shirt and a black-leather jacket, but now he was wearing a blue baseball jacket and a cap. Joonmyun’s eyes widened in horror. He walked backwards unconsciously and someone just bumped into him.
“Ouch!”
Joonmyun turned around. He found a young lady looking at him. Joonmyun swore that the lady had the most beautiful eyes and she’s dazzling more than everything in this world. Joonmyun was frozen for some seconds. That lady blinked and she looked confused.
“Are you okay?” that dazzling lady asked. Her voice was so nice. Joonmyun then came back to reality.
“Ah, I-I’m sorry!” Joonmyun bowed. That lady just gave him a slight smile and then she checked her watch.
“I should say sorry, too.” She bowed in hurry. She then ran and left Joonmyun. Joonmyun couldn’t get his eyes off of that lady. Without he realized, he slowly walked behind that lady, following her. That lady was running but it was not that fast. Joonmyun could still follow her and she wasn’t out from his sight. He himself didn’t know why he’s so curious about her. It’s the first time he’s so curious like this. Well, he didn’t know exactly what the reason.
She stopped in a nice café. She stopped and seemed like taking some air. She then pushed the café’s door. Joonmyun stopped in front of the café and just stood there. He decided not to follow her into the café. He didn’t want anyone thinking that he’s a stalker or else. He just saw everything through the glass-mirror. That lady walked hurriedly to a desk near the window. A guy was waiting for her. Joonmyun couldn’t see that guy’s face clearly. All he could see was his back. But when that guy stood up and pulled the chair for the lady, Joonmyun totally could see that guy’s face. Very clearly.
He was seeing himself.
Yes.
Joonmyun suddenly got dizzy. How could he see another him? How could that guy have the same face as him? He never had a twin brother. It couldn’t be real. He must be dreaming. Yes, he must be dreaming. He must be dreaming.
He was dead curious. He decided to enter the café and he was going to face that guy who had the same face as him. He wanted to ask. Many things were just surprised him today. The café was empty. There were only the lady and the guy, also some waiters. Joonmyun blinked many times. What is this?
“Oh, sorry, Sir, we’re closed today.” A waiter approached him. Joonmyun saw his tag name. Kim Jongin.
Joonmyun started to find reason why he got in, but another waiter said. “Today our café was reserved for that couple.” He whispered and pointed at the couple who were laughing together in the corner of the café. Joonmyun gulped.
“B-but why?” Joonmyun tried to ask in lower voice.
The waiter beside Kim Jongin looked thinking hard. “I always tell this to everyone who asks.” He smiled slightly. “It is because they want to celebrate their anniversary.”
What? Anniversary?
“Yeah, they do it every year, since 4 years ago.” Kim Jongin added. “And it’s because this café is their favorite place so they always celebrate their anniversary here.”
“Actually they came here about 6 years ago. Our manager told us.” After seeing his tag name, Joonmyun knew that the waiter’s name was Oh Sehun. “They always dated here as a couple, and then two years after that, they got married.”
What? Joonmyun blinked many times in disbelief. His heart beat so fast in his chest. Is it that guy really him? It couldn’t be. Maybe he’s just a guy who looked like him. Yes, it is. It’s impossible that he finds himself a wife, right? He had no girlfriend anyway. There was a question in his mind.
“Do you guys know that guy’s name?” Joonmyun pointed at the couple slowly. Those two boys smiled brightly.
“Of course.” Kim Jongin said. “He’s Kim Joonmyun.”
Joonmyun eyes widened in horror. His body was shaking.
No way.
“Kim Joonmyun ssi is the best friend of Cho Kyuhyun ssi who has the biggest clock gallery around the city. You know a clock gallery two blocks from here? It’s one of Cho Kyuhyun’s clock galleries. It’s always full of people, you know.” Oh Sehun said.
“And Kim Joonmyun ssi helps Cho Kyuhyun ssi with his gallery in this city and Cho Kyuhyun ssi himself went to Paris to take care of the other galleries.” Kim Jongin added.
So Kyuhyun Hyung has other galleries abroad? But Joonmyun just knew that Kyuhyun only had one, in this country. He really didn’t know what to say. He was so speechless.
“You must be thinking why we know such things. Many people asked so we told them the same as we told you now, Sir.”
Joonmyun glanced at the couple. They, he and that lady, looked so happy. They both clapped after blowing up the candles on a little cheese cake in their table. Joonmyun also saw that he was leaning in and planting a kiss on that lady’s forehead. He then sang a song for her. And you know what, that lady’s smile, his wife’s smile. It could calm the whole world. It could calm Joonmyun’s quick heartbeats. His wife smiled and she looked like crying. He then wiped her tears and pulled her into a tight embrace.
Joonmyun took a deep breath. He glanced at the wall, he looked at the calendar. It was 6 years later from now. Oh, My God.
Suddenly Joonmyun heard a loud chime’s sound. Once again he covered his ears with his hands. He closed his eyes. Seconds later the voice was gone and when he opened his eyes, he was facing that dark-brown colored clock. He looked down and saw his clothes. White striped shirt and leather jacket. Where are the baseball jacket and the cap? He looked at the dial. 5:23 PM.
“Yah you must be hearing that chime. This clock is bit weird. It just strikes once and only at 5:22 PM.” Joonmyun heard Kyuhyun’s voice behind him. He turned around and saw Kyuhyun bought a pizza box. He then looked around and saw his surroundings. There were many people in this gallery, but it wasn’t that crowded. It was weird. So where did the crowded people go?
Joonmyun blinked many times. What was that? A dream? But why did it look so real? He sighed. Maybe he just did fantasying too much. He was too depressed. He was too depressed to find the right girl for him. Depressed of being rejected from the girls on the blind dates. He was tired, he was extremely tired.
“Yah Joonmyunnie, what happened to you? You look so pale.” Kyuhyun commented.
Joonmyun still didn’t believe what he just saw, about his future life and his future wife. But he really hated it, because it would never be a reality. He was still alone. He looked up at Kyuhyun who looked bit confused. He then decided not to tell Kyuhyun about his fantasy. It was so weird.
After eating pizza, Joonmyun decided to go home as soon as possible. He went to the exit door. He then stood in front of the mirror glass and saw Kyuhyun’s name on it. It didn’t look different. Nothing changed. He sighed as he started walking, following the way that he remembered from his fantasy, the way that leaded him to that nice café. Is that café real? Or it’s just in his fantasy? He stopped walking. He was standing in front a café. It was the same as in his memory. The decoration, the name, the mirror glass. But the thing that was different was there were many people inside the café. Joonmyun eyes widened as he recognized two young waiter boys. They were Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun. Joonmyun didn’t get it why he still remembered their names. He walked backwards unconsciously. And someone bumped into him and it sounded so loud. Joonmyun hurriedly turned around. He saw a girl landing her on the ground. She groaned.
“I’m sorry. Are you okay?” Joonmyun let out his hand, wanting to help her to get up. And he shivered when he saw that girl’s face. He has seen that face before. He really knew whose had that dazzling face, and whose had those most beautiful eyes. Joonmyun was still shivering.
“Don’t worry. It’s also my fault.” Joonmyun closed his eyes. That nice voice that Joonmyun always wanted to hear. This is not a dream, right? Even if this is a dream, he never wants to wake up. He never felt so happy like this before. He sighed in relief as he opened his eyes. He found her.
“Did we meet each other before today, Miss?” Joonmyun asked as he helped that girl to get up.
That girl just shook her head. “I think no. Why?”
Joonmyun smiled brightly.
“You look exactly like my future wife.”

Fin
April 15th 2012
10:48pm