1

Table For Two
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Are you ready to order?"

You open your eyes to see your waiter presenting a rather annoyed expression to you. The way he asked didn't make it any friendlier.

"Because if you don't get anything, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

, you think.

"Can I just have a few more minutes--" you glance at his nametag. "...Jimmy? I'm waiting for someone."

Jimmy scoffs and says, "Fine, but you should abandon your hope. I'm pretty sure he stood you up." 

What makes you think I'm waiting for a man? Although he is correct.

"I'm sorry. Thank you."

He makes his way to the employee area, and you weren't sure if you were imagining it but you swear you heard a faint chuckle. You find it odd that the customer is the one who being nice and apologetic to the retailer, but you decide not to make a scene- you're pretty sure you'll start a different one later.

You're sitting alone at the restaurant, impatiently staring at your phone to check the time. The wait gets so agonizing that you end up throwing it across the table. 

He's late. As always.

I'm never letting him out of my sight ever again.

You lie down in the booth and shut your eyes back. It's a good thing those seats are so comfortable- and that you're short.

These two weeks mark the longest time we've ever been apart. Can't he get here faster? Why is he always so late?

All of a sudden, you feel light tapping on your head.

"Yeah, I know! He's just running late!" you spit out, waving your arm in the air.

"Who's running late? Are you expecting someone else?" a familiar voice questions.

You quickly sit up. "Yonghwa!" you gasp.

"Do you have someone on the side?" he asks as he sit

Please log in to read the full chapter