Chapter 1 : Dont Cry

Please Be Mine

Hongki patted his best friend's back,Kikwang and gave him a box of tissues. He hadn't thought thing would be this difficult. It was 11 pm and Kikwang was knocking his house with half-drunk and his eyes were swollen. But not the swollen because of fighting or someone punching him but swollen because of too much crying.
 

"Kikwang-ah...." Hongki snorted. "Stop crying and tell me what had happened and why are you crying like this?"
 

Kikwang wiped his tears and began to speak. 

"J-junhyung...." his voice cracked. He cleared his throat and continue to tell everything to Hongki.

"Junhyung leaves me...He said he had found someone else that he's truly in love with.." Kikwang spoke and looked up to Hongki.
"Means,he wasn't really in love with me before. I thought i'm his everything..or i'm such a dumb to believe like i am.." 

Hongki sighed heavily. He knew that this gonna happen. Yong Junhyung, a senior in their college. Everyone in their college knows that Junhyung is having crush with a pretty male, Jang Hyunseung but then Hongki didn't have any idea why that man wanna date his best friend. And Kikwang was head over heel towards him. 
Hongki took his phone and texted to his another best friend,Yoseob. 
"What had happened to Kikwang right now was officially your fault." was what Hongki sent to him.
Yes,it was Yoseob's fault. That guy encourage Kikwang to date Junhyung so he can get near to Junhyung's best friend,Yoon Doojoon and they are dating now.

"Stop crying and move on,Kiki..." Hongki said slowly. "He wasn't a perfect guy for you and this is his loss."
"H-his loss??" Kikwang asked dumbfoundedly.
Hongki nodded. "You're kind-hearted and beautiful..I know Hyunseung is beautiful but compare to me and Yoseob,you're more beautiful. Just that Junhyung is too blind to notice it." Hongki gave Kikwang a warm look.

"Sleep over here tonight and go clean yourself. You're stink as skunk." Hongki laughed and having a soft-punch on his shoulder.

**

That morning,Kikwang felt so down. He went to downstairs and saw Hongki was having breakfast,one hand was holding a mug,another hand was busy stuffing his mouth with bread. He wanted to laugh to Hongki but his heart doesn't allow him to do so,so he sat down on the chair and sipped his drink.

"Your mom was worry-sick about you. Luckily she's smart enough to know you're here." Hongki spoke but having no reply from Kikwang.

"Yah! You know how i hate people ignoring me!" Hongki snapped and pouted.
"Where's your parents?" Kikwang asked lazily.
"They are going somewhere and wont be home till next week,next  month. Who knows. And that's why we're having some small party tonight to cheer you up." Hongki told to Kikwang.

"PARTY?!" Kikwang shocked. "Party means everyone gonna bring their boyfriend along and i was left out." Kikwang sighed. Hongki's jaw dropped hearing that. True. Hongki wont ever not to invite his boyfriend,Jonghun and Yoseob...that guy would've dragged his boyfriend along without asking too much.
Hongki facepalmed. Wait,Hongki still have his cousin,Jaejin. But yeah, that guy surely will bring his boyfriend, Seunghyun.

"Well...everybody's gonna cheer you up and not making out so,just enjoy it okay? Now,its time to go to class." Hongki was giving Kikwang a pitiful look.

**

Kikwang was glad that he didn't meet or see Junhyung anywhere today. His last class was finished and now his stomach was growling so he went to cafe.

"Kiki-ah!" someone shouted and Kikwang was searching for it.
"There's the clumsy boy come." Hongki appeared from somewhere and dragged Kikwang to a table and ordered some beverages and foods.

 

Yoseob was panting from the running and sat beside Kikwang.
"What happened,Kiki? Hongki said you were in such a worst condition?"
Kikwang sighed and looked at Hongki. Hongki grinned and smacked Yoseob's head.

"This isn't the time to talk about this! I'm excited over the party tonight!" Hongki shouted.

**

After their lunch,they went to supermarket to buy some tibbits and drinks for the so called "party".
For Kikwang,this isn't a party to cheer him up but to show that he's the only one that single. He sighed for the thought.

He was wandering alone searching for...umm,he forgot what was it, before he accidentally knocked on someone.

"I'm sorry,it was my fault." Kikwang said,bowed and smiled weakly in unison.
"Oh,nevermind. It was my fault. I'm too focusing on this thing without noticing my surrounding." The taller male spoke and gazed captively at Kikwang.

 

Kikwang bowed once again and quickly walked away searching for Hongki.

**

Dongwoon gazed outside the window of his room. He couldn't take off his mind from the pretty guy he met in the supermarket. His mind keep drifting to the person face.

"I will find who is that man. No,scratch that. I have to find that man no matter what." Dongwoon thought. He can't let that guy slipped away after he took his heart with him.

"Woonie, Jaejin is downstairs. He said you guys are going out," His mom knocked his room vigorously till he came out. Dongwoon met Jaejin downstairs and he was trying his best showing his lazy face.

"Oh,dude! Don't show such that face to me. You PROMISED me." Jaejin started to complain.
"But i dont feel so good right now,Jin." Dongwoon replied him.
"You better get ready now,Dongie. It's not i wanna bring you in first place.." Jaejin made a dumb face. 

"My boyfriend had something to do and I dont wanna be the one that left out. Beside,you know Hongki-hyung right? He would mocked me if he see that i'm alone. "

Dongwoon sighed at that statement. Oh,yeah. That noisy hyung.
"Fine,but this is the first and last." Dongwoon said and quickly get ready while Jaejin was smiling in joy.

**

"Hey Kiki,cheer up." Yoseob talked to him while blowing a balloon.


"I just can't,Seobie..not now. And making party to cheer me up is such a stupid idea."  

 

"We just dont want you to feel so down like this."

 

"This party is same like celebrating i'm the only single one here."



"We didn't mean that."



Kikwang snorted and Yoseob shook his head.

"Kiki..move on. Show to him that you can live happily without him. Its not like he's the only guy out there."

"For me he is my only guy. I can't,Seobie..I'm sorry... He's too meaningful for me. I can't believe that he dumped me without having any guilty feeling. I wont love again after this."

Kikwang said and threw himself on the couch.

"There's always one person for you.You'll meet him soon enough." Yoseob sighed and disappeared to kitchen.

"And i'm hoping that guy is Yong Junhyung." Kikwang whispered.

**

Kikwang never thought Hongki would invited such a lot of people to this stupid party. In the end,they didn't even cheered him up.
Kikwang sat on the couch and observed those wild people.

"Jaejinnie!!" Hongki yelled from the stairs. His voice was muddle through the music.
"Whoa! new boyfriend? Oh God,he's so handsome!" Yoseob was slipped through the crowded just to see Jaejin's new boyfriend.
Kikwang stared at them,uninteresting and grabbed a drink.

"..... Son Dongwoon.." Dongwoon introduced himself to Yoseob and Hongki. "... and i'm not Jaejin's boyfriend. I'm just his best friend."
Jaejin nodded and hit Yoseob playfully. "I still love Seunghyun...oh,wait..not still,i always love him!" 
They laughed heartily and Hongki brought them to the living room where peoples gathered.

Dongwoon was sipping his cup and chatting with a few peoples before his eyes caught the emotionless Kikwang sitting lazily on the couch with his phone on his lap.

"That guy....." Dongwoon said slowly.

"What is it,Dongie? i didn't hear you..the music is too loud.That Hongki is probably deaf!" Jaejin was half-shouting at him.

Dongwoon shook head and excused himself. He walked to the couch just to find out Kikwang was nowhere to see now.

Kikwang was sitting near the pool alone,distancing himself from the crowd. His mind were flooded with Junhyung. He re-called everything that he did with him.Those sweet memories and the moments they fought. A day before they were broke up, Junhyung still telling him how much he loves Kikwang. Why would Junhyung told him those sweet-talks when he wanna leave him?
Kikwang's eyes were filled with tears. Why can't Junhyung feels his love? Does his love to Junhyung isn't enough? He thought Junhyung was sincered to love him. But he was wrong. So wrong in fact.
He took a deep breath and starts to tear up.

Dongwoon was searching for Kikwang everywhere. He would ask everyone if only he knows his name. Dongwoon was about to give up when he saw someone sitting at the pool. Dongwoon smiled and approached him.

"Hey...." Dongwoon spoke awkwardly.
Kikwang looked up to the spoken person and his eyes were almost bugging out to see Dongwoon.He flinched and quickly wiped his tears.
"....... You're the one i knocked on at the supermarket..." Kikwang said and stood up.
Dongwoon nodded and he could see that Kikwang was sad. He was crying and of course for something Dongwoon doesn't know.

 

"Son Dongwoon..." Dongwoon reached out his hand.

"I-I'm Lee Kikwang..Nice to know you,Dongwoon-ssi." Kikwang replied,smiled and took Dongwoon's hand briefly.

Dongwoon's heart was almost burst out looking such that smiled. He was so amused that he couldn't utter even a word.
He hold his chest.
"Dongwoon is fine...no need to be so formal with me..So, i saw you were sitting alone here. Mind if i accompany you?"

"oh alright,Dongwoon." Kikwang giggled. Not that he's happy but something about this guy made him cheered up. "Sure,why not? You're Hongki's friend or his boyfriend's friend?"

"I'm Jaejin's best friend. I had to accompany him since his boyfriend couldn't make it tonight."

Kikwang nodded,took off his shoes and sat beside the pool with his legs in the water. He then patted the empty spot beside him, gesturing Dongwoon to sit. 

Dongwoon sat beside him while staring to the pool.

"You may say or think that i'm such a busy body, but can you tell me the reason you were crying just now?" Dongwoon spoke softly.

Kikwang bended his head and his eyes started to fill with tears again. Dongwoon noticed it and he patted Kikwang's back.

"Hey Kiki..." 

Kikwang started to sob softly and he looked so hurted.

Dongwoon felt his chest was tighten and his heart was almost burst out. He immediately pulled Kikwang into his embrace and the back of Kikwang's head.

"Shhh,don't cry,Kiki. I dont know whats making you cry but trust me,everytime your tears dropped because of the pain you feel, I'll feel pain even more..more than what you feel."

Kikwang shocked to hear that but he's shocked even more when Dongwoon placed a kiss on his forehead making him shivered. 
But Kikwang loves the feel in Dongwoon's embrace. It made him calm and he didn't feel he wants to pull away from the man. 
The feeling was totally different when he was hugged by Junhyung.

 

TO BE CONTINUED.