Chapter 1

Love Is Pain

listen to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nagHMWnCfd0

 

Miyoon's POV

My best friend, Yoonjae, pushed me into the bathroom. She screamed," Hurry up Miyoon! Right after you're done, tell me! And hurry up!"

I smiled and shook my head and prepared for bed. We were at Yoonjae's house for a sleepover, because it was the day before the start of school. We were going to be juniors tomorrow! I smiled to myself, and finished in less than five minutes. I opened the door and called out," Yoonjae! I'm done!"

Yoonjae walked over and put a finger to her lips. She was on the phone, and I could tell it was someone important. I walked out of the bathroom and headed towards the bedroom. Yoonjae followed after me, and I could hear her on the phone.

"Mkay Sehun-oppa! I'll see you tomorrow!"

Yoonjae skipped around the bed in happiness," Miyooooon! I'm so happpy!"

I glanced at her, trying to look curious, when I was bursting with jealous on the inside. I asked her with an innocent tone," What happened Yoonjae?"

She smiled at me, blinding me with her happiness," Sehun oppa just asked if we wanted to hang out with him and Baekhyun at the cafe we usually go to in the morning before school started."

I gave her one of my fake smiles, I was getting used to it anyways. I knew I was the odd one out of our group, they probably didn't want me there," It's okay Yoonjae, you guys hang out first. I'm going to go to school first and catch up with some of my friends."

Yoonjae gave me a slightly curious look but then smiled again," Okay! Let me just tell them about it."

I returned her smile, but with sadness. My best friend didn't notice anything, and still had a wide grin on her face. I sighed and laid down on the fluffy bed. I was too sad to talk anymore, and pretended to be asleep.

 

Once I heard Yoonjae's steady breaths, I climbed out of the bed and sat on the ground. I took out my ipod and started listening to a random song. 'Safe and Sound' came out, making the mood more perfect. Warm tears slowly dripped down my face. I realized how much friends were an impact on me.

I've been friends with Yoonjae since 1st grade, while Yoonjae, Baekhyun, and Sehun have been best friends since before Kindergarten. I knew that was the reason why I was the odd one out though. Despite all that happened, I managed to gain feelings for Baekhyun in 7th grade. I've been hiding them for the past 4 years now. A few more tears streamed down my face now.

I know that Yoonjae probably likes Baekhyun and Sehun more than me. Her face shows it all, and her actions. She'd rather spend time with Baekhyun and Sehun rather than me. What did I expect though? I sighed, wiped the tears away. And climbed back into bed.

 

The alarm clock rang for 6:30 AM. I groaned and screamed," Close the damn alarm!"

Soon, the alarm stopped ringing. But then another annoying object came and pushed me off the bed. I let out a sigh of annoyance, and opened my eyes. Yoonjae stood in front of me with a big smile on her face. She poked me," Hurry up slowpoke, school's going to start in an hour and a half. So hurry up and get ready."

I nodded," Okaaay, mommy."

I snickered and ran into the bathroom  before Yoonjae could yell at me. I quickly did what I had to do and ran out of the bathroom. I saw Yoonjae holding a timer and she looked at me with a raised eyebrow," 7 minutes and 32 seconds. New record Miyoon."

Without knowing, I let out an amused laugh, and Yoonjae went to go change. I was sitting on her bed checking my phone. No new messages. I didn't expect any though, knowing they didn't actually like me.

Yoonjae came out of the bathroom after half an hour. We grabbed our backpacks and headed out. Yoonjae's parents were in China for a business trip for awhile, so they were already gone. And Yoonjae's brother was a college student, so he lived in the dorms. My parents couldn't care less where I was, nor would my siblings. So, everything was fine.

I walked with Yoonjae to the cafe, and then waved goodbye to her. I yelled to her when I was a long distance away," Bye Yoonjae! Don't get !"

She jokingly glared at me, and waved back at me. I slowly started going to school, but then realized I didn't have any breakfast. I didn't want to intrude on Yoonjae's best friend time, so I decided to go to another cafe. I spotted a Starbucks after walking for a few minutes, and went in. There was barely anybody, only around two people. I went up to the cashier and ordered a drink, and then went to go sit down at one of the seats. I noticed one of the schools kingkas come in though, Kim Suho. He was practically the god of our school. Who knew he would be here?

He went up to the female cashier and smiled at her. He was usually one of the coldest guys, but he acted cute and I immediately cringed," Annyeong noona!"

He did some aegyo and I cringed even more. Bleh. Kim Suho and Aegyo do not fit well together.

Suho finally noticed me and my uniform, his aegyo face immediately turned to stone and he froze. I smirked, and then repeated the aegyo he had done just a few seconds before. A lady came over and gave me my drink. I said thanks, but didn't bother turning  my head away from Suho. Who knows what he might do?

I decided to leave before anything happened. Not even taking my eyes off of Suho, I exited the door with my stuff and disappeared. I was walking as fast as I could to school. I checked my phone and I still had half an hour before school started. I knew Yoonjae wouldn't be at school yet, so I decided to go to the park.

I sat on the swings, swinging my legs back and forth. I was sipping my drink, enjoying the silence, when someone sat down on the swing next to mine. I ignored the person, not even paying attention to who it was. I continued enjoying my free time, when the person next to me spoke up," Hey, why do you seem so sad?"

I stared at him, and my eyes widened. He was hot.

I opened my mouth to speak, but I couldn't say anything. My eyes scanned him, he obviously wasn't from my school. He was wearing an entirely different uniform. The guy smirked," You look really troubled."

My jaw was opened so wide you could fit an elephant in there. He noticed my surprise, and said with arrogance," Name's Jung Ilhoon. I'm from Seonbuk-dong Seoul High. See you around, troubled girl."

He left while I was processing the information. I blinked a few times, and then realized that he was one of the badass guys from Seonbuk-dong High School. (Just so you guys know, Seonbuk-dong is a street in Seoul. There is actually a real school located on that street. I just don't know what it's called LOL)

I glanced at my phone and found out I only had five minutes to get to school. All thoughts on Ilhoon disappeared as I rushed to get to school on time.