Daring

Drunken Secrets

"You two disgust me!" Dongwoon bellowed as he stormed out the room. Everyone froze. What did he mean by that? I looked up at Junhyung who was equally as paralysed as the others. Suddenly Hyunseung sprung up from his seat, breaking the suffocating silence, but not changing the tense atmosphere. He charged towards the door in pursuit of Dongwoon. I didn't like how the silence rece more, suffocating us all over again, so I decided to speak up, "So...has anyone seen The Hangover?" I smiled gently. The others turned and stared at me but Junnie understood what I was trying to do and replied, "Ha, I'll need a hangover after this!" He joked, smiling and ruffling his hair. Junnie's comment and cute smile instantly brightened the atmosphere. I couldn't help but think about how I nearly kissed those same smiling lips, wishing silently for another chance.

--

"Dongwoon what the hell was that?!" I was furious. It didn't matter if they were gay, our friends were happy together. So why couldn't he be happy for them? I walked closer to him and he visibly shifted away before answering, "They were going to kiss." He stated, each word dripping with venom. I just stared at him, how could he say that?! Are couples not allowed to show affection? They deserved to be happy together! I could feel the anger rising in my throat as I fought the urge not to hit Dongwoon. I cared about him as a friend and a bandmate but there was no was I could let him get away with something like that. "Are you a homophobe or something? You realise we're talking about our friends right? Our bandmates." My voice started to crack as a lump formed in my throat, not from the anger, but from fighting back my tears. All I could do was stand and shout. I felt helpless, but I had to help my friends.

He stared back at me with a look as intense as my own. Then he finally let go, "What's the problem if I am? It's none of your business!" Dongwoon was...homophobic? I couldn't believe it, I knew that not all Koreans had accepted homouality, but most people chose not to comment anymore. TI would never have pegged Dongwoon as homophobic. The tears I'd been fighting back broke free, along with my anger at Dongwoon, I couldn't hold myself any longer. Tears burst from my eyes as I stepped forward and my clenched fist hit Dongwoon square in the face. He stumbled backwards with a look of surprise and fear masking his features, I guess he didn't know what I was capable of. "Why?" he asked tripping over his speech as he had his own feet.

In high school, I had fallen in love with this girl, but my nobody approved. She was considered the 'school freak' and there were many shocking rumours about her flying around the school. But when I looked at her, all I could see was her beauty, her charms, everything that the rest of the world seemed to miss. At first she didn't trust me, because she thought I was making fun of her like the jocks did, but I eventually gained her trust and then her heart. We began to date and it was some of the happiest days of my life, at that time I wouldn't even have cared if the world was going to end! But people started to pick on me too, and bully her even more. Then the world really did end, because of the bullying the both of us got she blamed her self too much and couldn't take it anymore and then she took her own life.

I felt like everything was crashing down around me, like every drop of happiness within me had been out. I felt like the world had gotten dark and I felt alone. But I couldn't allow myself to cry for her sake. I began to sing and dance, pouring all my pent up emotions into it, eventually leading to my career in an idol band. All for her, because she loved to sing. One day she told me "Seunggie! One day I'll debut, you'll see!" and because of them, she never got the chance. So when I was told by Doojoon about Junhyung and Yoseob, I wanted them to be happy. For them to have the kind of relationship I briefly experienced. I wasn't going to let Dongwoon split them apart by shunning them like the others had to me before. I had to give them all the support I could, and defending them from him was a part of that. 

I turned to him, "You know exactly why." I spat vehemently. He did know, he knew everything. I told him about the girl I loved, I told him about Junhyung liking Yoseob...he didn't react like this before, so why now? I guess he just didn't believe it. I pushed him violently, shoving him into a wall, despite his size he was easy to over power. I moved in by his ear and whispered through gritted teeth, "If you dare say or do anything to prevent Junhyung and Yoseob's happiness, I swear to god, your life as you know it will end." I shoved him once more, giving him a dirty look as he just gawped at me nodding nervously. Turning around towards to door, I left Dongwoon - and what just happened - behind.

 

---

 

So...this is as far as I got last time, I started writing the new chapter too so hopefully...I can continue it! I hope I don't test your patience too much xD Also, sorry it took so long to upload this, I kinda changed some bits. Also, over protective Hyunseung ftw :P