One Day

[ONE-SHOT] One Day

"Kwon Yuri?" the voice over the phone asked. 

"Yes, this is Kwon Yuri," The 15-year old girl answered. 

"Your parents and brother got in a car accident. They didn't make it. I'm sorry," the voice said, before he hung up. 

Tears dripped slowly down the girl's face, as her shoulders shook. A strangled cry tore through as she sobbed slowly. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=2 YEARS LATER=

"Students, let me introduce your new classmate, Kwon Yuri," Ms Im told the class as a tan-skinned girl-no beauty- stepped into the classroom. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Kwon Yuri imnida," Her voice was low and husky and she barely looked up to meet anyone's gaze. If she did, she would have realized that half the boys in class were staring at her in awe. 

"Yuri, sit next to HyukJae," Ms Im pointed to the boy at the back of the class, the only one who barely bothered to even look up at the new student. 

Yuri walked to the back of the class and slid into the seat. She paid no attention to the boy beside her, even though he looked at her with slight interest. He watched her for around 2 minutes before she realized she was being watched. She turned around and glanced at him, her eyes met his for an instant before she turned back to the front. His breath stopped. Her eyes were dark, and full of pain. 

-RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG-

He jumped in surprise. The girl seemed to smirk a little before she started packing her things. 

"Annyeong. Lee HyukJae imnida," he introduced politely, trying to make an impression.

"Kwon Yuri," She replied in an emotionless voice. 

"Yuri-ssi, what's your next class? Let me walk you there," he asked. 

"Thank You, HyukJae," she thanked him without any real emotion. 

"Call me Eunhyuk." 

At the end of the day, Eunhyuk offered to walk her home. 

"No need," It was not emotionless, more defensive. 

"I'll walk you home. Pretty girl like you can't go back alone. It's not safe," He insisted. 

==============================================================================================

Days passed. The two of them got to know each other more and more. It was a daily routine, they would walk to classes together and Eunhyuk would walk her home. He noticed something strange. 

==============================================================================================

One Day, 

Eunhyuk asked her, "Yuri, why are you so emotionless all the time? What happened? And everytime I walk you home, your house is always so quiet and empty. Where is your family?" 

She stiffened and he heard her take a deep breath. "You... don't have to know." was all she said before she pushed him aside and walked away. He didn't follow.

He realized something else. His heart fluttered when she was near him and she was always on his mind. 

================================================================================================

"HyukJae, if I tell you what happened, promise to not tell anyone." She told him when he asked for the tenth time. He nodded. 

"2 Years ago, my family got into a car accident and passed away. They're gone. They left me here in this world with no one. I've been alone for 2 years, without any friends. No one even cared about what happened." She explained her story in a choked voice. He was startled when tears poured from her eyes, yet she was still like a goddess. 

He put his arm around her shoulder and waited as her tears flowed to a stop. When she was done crying, he dried her eyes and said, "You won't be alone anymore. You have me now."

"I Love You Kwon Yuri, I always will. I promise." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her heart raced as his arms embraced her slowly. Ever since that one day, she felt something for this boy. 

"I Love You Kwon Yuri, I always will. I promise"

Her eyes widened and she finally smiled.

"I Love You too, Lee HyukJae." 

His arms embraced her once more and this time, no tears were shed.