Chapter 1

You're My Idol

 

Hye Sung’s POV

It had been a month since I had debuted with my two Unnie’s. We had met so many idols in the past and I was really close to Changjo and Zelo as they were in my classes at school. But out of school I had so many Oppa’s that I was close to. I was younger than everyone so they all made me call them oppa. I was under T.O.P Ent, the same as Teen Top.

 

Today Changjo Oppa had left early and L.joe Oppa had come to pick me up. It was always like this, L.joe (Byunghun) Oppa, Chunji (Chanhee) Oppa, Sunggyu Oppa, Woohyun Oppa or L (Myungsoo) Oppa would take turns to pick me up. Even though Infinite weren’t under the same company we were still really close and they would all take turns to pick me up, even if I told them not to. The Unnie’s would always meet me for practice and it was really good fun. But recently as we had been promoting, we had gotten close to Nu’est. Being the fun loving and sociable maknae of the group, I had soon become good friends with them.

 

They had recently transferred to our school and JR had been put in my class. He now sat with me, Changjo Oppa and Zelo Oppa. We had become really good friends and he was so nice! He was even teaching me how to rap as Zelo Oppa had been too busy recently with all his promoting. B.A.P had gotten so much attention recently and they were busy, busy, busy, so I really didn’t want to annoy him. I was the lead dancer of the group while So Eun Unnie (oldest) was leader and Min Hee Unnie was the lead vocal.

 

We were really close as we were all Chinese and had known each other since we were in England. This is cos we had all been born and grew up in England with the same dream. For us to debut as a group, now we had achieved it we had moved to Korea. Anyway, I had refused to give up studies and to be honest I was too young to give up at the moment. So Eun Unnie had finally given up, she never gave up playing the piano and violin, same as me. But she didn’t go to school, whereas Min Hee Unnie was in a higher class and she finished before me each day so I told her not to wait for me. Plus I’ve been staying behind a lot to practice at school, do homework I the library and hang out with JR.

 

Afterwards, I would then go to the company and practice again. I’m guessing everyone is curious how I met JR? Well it was this simple. On the day we debuted, Nu’est debuted too and being the clumsy girl I was. I had a little accident. Well you see; I’m clumsy in general let alone when wearing heels. At school I’m a nerd and even though I’m famous, I’m not really all that liked so people ignore me. But anyway, I was wearing heels and heading towards the stage when I kinda tripped over someone. I had been concentrating really hard but hadn’t really noticed the person I tripped over. Anyway he helped me up and I found out it was JR! I just bowed and said thank you before leaving while blushing. I heard him yell something to me but I just ran off without looking back. When I got on stage, he was there! He was watching us and I felt really embarrassed but I knew I had to be professional so I just kept going.

 

Our debut had been a more mature and y image, instead of the kinda cutesy one that young girl groups usually debut with. Anyway we were planning to show that side later, we just wanted everyone to know we had lots of different sides. Anyway, it was soon my turn to take over. After the solo dance break I had my part to sing. I wasn’t a bad singer it’s just that I was lead dancer and there were only 3 places so we had sorted them out between us. He was staring at me and it was really awkward but I just finished the performance andbowed to the audience before running off stage with Unnie’s. But being the clumsy girl I was, I slipped again.

 

But before I fell on my face someone saved me and I looked up to find JR. Again. It was so embarrassing but we laughed it off. And soon after we got really close. I met all the other Nu’est Oppa’s too and they were really fun to be around. Especially Minhyun! But I’m still closest to JR. He’s the only one I refuse to call Oppa and he hates it! He always tries everything he can to get me to call him Oppa but nope; I’m just too stubborn like that! But anyway, we had another little accident in the dance practice room yesterday. He walked in while I was dancing and he came over to tickle me, but while I was running he tripped me up and I fell on top of him. His face was just inches away from mine and he kept staring into my eyes.

 

My heart was beating like crazy and I didn’t know why. Then Aron Oppa had to walk in. It was so embarrassing! And I quickly got up and ran out of the room. It was so awkward after that! I called L.joe Oppa to pick me up and I waited for him. JR and Aron Oppa walked past and I just looked away but they walked over to me. “Hye Sung do you want a lift back to T.O.P Ent?” Aron Oppa asked me. “Uh um ani aniyo, its okay L.joe Oppa is gonna pick me up…” JR looked at me right in the eyes but I just looked away. I saw L.joe Oppa walk over towards us. “Annyeong” I bowed towards them and ran away. “Byunghun Oppa, kaja!” I grabbed his arm and hooked mine through his whilst pulling him away.

 

“Hey what’s up?” L.joe asked me. “Ani, nothing” I replied while avoiding his eyes. He grabbed onto my shoulders and looked me straight in the eyes. “What’s up?” he asked in English. I sighed; this was the bad thing about being so close to L.joe Oppa. He could always tell when something was bothering me. “Fine, fine I’ll tell you but no one else can know” I replied. We spoke in English cos no one else would understand us. We carried on walking back to the company while I explained it all to him.

 

“So, I’ve been having weird feelings around JR this week and we had a slight accident in the dance room before you arrived” I said while blushing. “So how do you feel when you’re around him? And what happened?” he asked. We had just reached the company and we dumped our stuff in one of the practice rooms. No one was here yet so we went up to the rooftop. “Well my heart beats really fast; I feel nervous and self conscious around him.” He just nodded and signalled for me to carry on. “Um so what happened, well it was kinda like this. You know I’m slightly clumsy…” At this point he raised his eyebrows and said “Slightly?” I just sighed “Fine then you know I’m really really really clumsy” He smiled “That’s better” I just glared at him and carried on “Well I tripped over him when he was trying to catch me and somehow fell on top of him. But it was really weird, he kinda just stared into my eyes while I just stared back and that weird feeling came back. Then Aron Oppa walked in so I got off him, bowed and ran away. That’s also why I kinda dragged you away too.”

 

L.joe Oppa smiled at me and replied in Korean “Aww don’t worry dongsaengie it’s alright. You’ll find out why you’re like this soon!” He winked and So Eun Unnie walked over to us. “Hey is everything alright?” I was shocked wondering if she overheard anything. “Ani kaja, lets go practice” I could tell she was suspicious but I laughed it off while thinking about what Oppa said to me. When we got to the practice room I scolded myself in my head, telling myself to concentrate on practice and think about this later…

 

JR’s POV

After Hye Sung left me with Aron hyung, it was kinda awkward. “So what the hell was that?” he asked me but I had no idea what to say. To be honest, recently I think I’ve been falling for Hye Sung. Being around her is so comfortable and so fun! What more could I ask for in a best friend? But now I’m thinking that maybe I wanna be more than best friends...

 

 “Aron hyung, how do you know if you like someone?” I asked carefully. “It’s about Hye Sung isn’t it?” I looked up shocked he knew and quickly replied “Aniyo!!!” He just smiled. “You don’t have to deny it JR. You’ve become a lot closer to us after you became such good friends with Hye Sung. You smile more often, and hang out with us a lot whether Hye Sung is there or not. And overall you’ve become a better leader!” I was surprised with the amount of praise he gave me and thought about what he said. Had Hye Sung really changed me for the better?

 

“You know, I haven’t really been in love yet but I do know the feeling of starting to like someone more than friends. Your heart beats faster when their around, you get nervous and self conscious. You think of them all the time and you feel lonely when their not with you. You should try testing yourself. You know that out of our group Hye Sung always says she likes Minhyun the most even though we all know its actually you. But when she hangs out with him, do you feel jealous? And do you get all those feelings when she’s around?”

 

We reached Pledis Ent and went in for practice. After practice, we left for the dorm and when we got back, I said I was going for a walk and grabbed my phone, keys, coat, sunglasses and face mask. As I was walking around I thought about what Aron hyung said. I had all those feelings he told me and I was sure that I liked Hye Sung. But what if she didn’t like me back? What if it wrecked our friendship? There were just too many what ifs and I didn’t really want to risk it. Aish! I messed my hair up and looked at my surroundings.

 

I was by the small convenience store, so I went in. This store brought back memories of when Hye Sung had first decided to go out together as friends. I went and bought ice cream like back then and went to the park, just like that time. I sat on the bench and thought about our memories. We had only been together for a couple of months but our memories seemed endless. Everything was so clear and playing like a film in front of me. I smiled at each fond memory and wondered what she was up to right now…

 

Hye Sung’s POV

Aigoo I was exhausted from practice and I was now lying on my bed thinking about what L.joe Oppa had said to me. It was so frustrating! I just didn’t get what he was trying to say to me. So did I like JR in that way or not? Ughh I need some fresh air.

 

“So Eun Unnie, I’m going for a walk” she yelled something to me but I didn’t hear as I grabbed the usual keys, phone, hoody, face mask and sunglasses while walking out. My head was a mess at the moment and just as I left the dorm someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was Min Hee Unnie. “Hye Sung ah gwenchana?” I just gave her a bland look. “Usually your homework would be your first priority. Plus I’ve been your best friend for such a long time so of course I’d know if something was up with you…” I just smiled, “Gomawo Unnie but can I explain when I get back? At the moment I really need to sort my thoughts out. And for once I couldn’t care less if the teacher gives me detention or whatever” Unnie was shocked but yelled out “You might get kicked out of the company!” I just sighed “Aigoo just let me be a rebel for once, if I get kicked out I get kicked out!” I yelled back frustrated.

 

“Aniyoooooo that can’t happen! Not now! Dorawaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Unnie started to chase me but I was already out of sight. I turned the corner and found my ipod in my coat pocket. I clicked the shuffle and Face came up. It made me think of JR and it was then I realised he was quite hot! “Aniyooooo what am I thinking?” I said and that stupid habit of mine kicked in. I stood there shaking my head trying to get the idea out of my head, when I heard a voice

 

“Hey Hye Sung, you alright?” I looked up and found Woohyun Oppa stood in front of me. “How is it when I don’t want anyone to find or talk to me they all appear but when I want them around or I’m looking for them they disappear into thin air?” I grumbled to myself but Woohyun Oppa heard me. He chuckled and ruffled my hair before saying “Arrasso I’m going now, Sunggyu hyung and the others are waiting for their snacks. But remember we’re always here for you” he winked and left me stood there.

 

“Aigoo what a greasy Oppa!” I chuckled and walked into the convenience store. It brought back the memories of JR as always. Aigoo I need to stop thinking about him! I bought ice cream and went for a walk while listening to my ipod. When I got to the park there weren’t many people around so I finished my ice cream quickly, and as soon as I finished I played my song and started dancing and singing. It was such a relief! People thought I was doing it for money and came over towards me to put money somewhere but seeing none they just chucked it on the floor and watched the performance. I had no idea what was going through my mind. I guess I finally went crazy! But oh well, some people recognised me but as soon as I finished the performance I asked everyone not to tell anyone otherwise I’d get kicked out of the company and they agreed. I felt so much better and went to sit on a bench…

 

JR’s POV

I saw someone singing and dancing, so I walked over and realised it was Hye Sung. I wasn’t prepared to face her yet so I left. Then remembering she was close to Infinite Hyung’s I went to find them to ask their opinion. Sungjong hyung opened the door and was pretty surprised to see me there but still let me in. As I walked in I bowed to them all and the look of shock was quite amusing. Aigoo how am I gonna say this?

 

Hye Sung’s POV

I got home and sneaked past the Unnie’s. I quickly did my homework before lying in bed and wondering what JR was doing. I looked at the background of my phone. It was the picture of the two of us. We were really close and he had his arm around me while we both did the peace pose. It looked like a couple photo and I only just realised that. Aigoo what are these feelings I have? I guess I really do like you. Without realising I fell asleep while hugging my phone…

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N Sorry I'm gonna finish my other story before properly writing a new story, This one is only gonna be short so hopefully I'll finish it in around 5 or 6 chapters ^^