Goodbye

A Tomorrow Without You

 

Hi! I am Sunny, a young girl with big dreams. I am very popular to our university. I am very glad that I have a cute and pretty face because everyone falls for me. I love fame and glory. I could get everything I want from my rich parents. But, I couldn’t get the attention of the man I love. He is Sungmin. He is my childhood friend and also my bodyguard. I like how he follows me around. He is very kind but he doesn’t show any interest on me. He is very cold but if I need him, he always comes.

 

                One day, I got a love letter from a young man. He is from another university. I wanted to meet him because he looks kinda mysterious. I asked Sungmin to accompany me but he refused. I don’t know why but I’m kind of hurt. I want him to get jealous even a bit but he still doesn’t show any emotion.

 

                I tried to sneak on him and went successfully to the university. It was a Sunday morning and I waited     at the front of that university. But, it was a frame up. The girls from my university plotted it to take revenge on me. I was cornered. I couldn’t talk and my legs were numb. They started to ask me silly questions. “You, why… why did you steal my boyfriend?” A young woman cried as she slapped me on my face. “You, why did you seduce my boyfriend?” An older woman near the age of 25 pulled my hair. All I could answer to them is… “Because I’m pretty. You old hags just go to hell!!!!” They slapped me, pulled my hair, stole my belongings and at the middle of it, Sungmin was there coming to my rescue. He stopped all of the attacks and protected me. His hug was so tight and he pleaded for forgiveness. But, the girls didn’t listen. I don’t know but he cried out loud. “Please, spare her. She doesn’t know what love is.”  A young woman who looks like the leader came in. “You, do you like her?” I am waiting for his answer and he said, “Yes, I love her. I love her that I want to protect her. Please, spare her.” The girls didn’t listen and he couldn’t even lay a hand on them. So, we ran far, far away.

 

                “What are you doing? You didn’t even listen to me!” He asked me with a loud and angry voice. I never heard him that angry before. “I’m sorry. It’s because I want you to get jealous.” I answered with a shy voice. “Why? Do you like me?” Sungmin asked me with a sincere expression.  “I love you. Ever since we were young, I always and will always love you.” I honestly voice out my feelings.  “You don’t know how to love and saying things like that.” Sungmin walked away. I could see him hurting all over because of the hits he had because of the girls. From that time on, there was never a conversation between the two of us. Our distance between each other gets wider and wider.

 

                It was his birthday. I prepared everything for him in our house.  The maids help me as a token of appreciation for his hard work. “Oh, we forgot the cake.” The maid said to the other. “Then, I’ll just buy.” The other maid said. “But, the stores are far.” The two maids became quite worried about them. “I’ll buy it. I have a car.” I volunteered happily. “Since it is his birthday, I want to make this memorable.” The two maids nodded with my strong resolve.

 

                I bought the cake. It was cute and really tasty. Suddenly, I saw a young girl walking at the middle of the street. A truck is coming so I rushed to the scene. But, suddenly, I was the one going to be hit not until a man shoved me away and he was hit in my stead. It was Sungmin. He came after me because he was worried. The two maids said the details and he rushed. I followed the ambulance with my car. But, the impact of the incident made me cry inside the car. My mind was blank and all I could think of is him.

 

                He was in the ICU. The doctors were hopeless in his case and they were all murmuring stupid lies that he won’t be able to make it. I stared blankly into space and decided to visit him in his room. I cried and cried in front of him. “Happy Birthday, Sungmin.” I said with a worried tone. He was awake at that time. “Thank God you are fine.  You are not hurt, right?” He was worried about me and not to himself. “Sungmin, I love you. Ever since then, I love you.” I said these words to him countless of times. “I know. I love you too, my princess. Do not cry it doesn’t suit you.” He slowly said those words. I could feel the pain he endured at that time.

 

The painful words that reverberate in my ears continued and continued. “Please find someone you could love and someone who…could….pro-tect…you.”  Sungmin passed out and he was dead right in front of my eyes. In his funeral, all I could ask is, “How could I see a tomorrow without you?” I cried and cried till I could cry no more. Those regretful things that I’ve done were coming up. “I’m sorry. Goodbye, my love.”