Jumping with Seunghyun

Jumping in
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The view was breathtaking. The sky was ablaze with color, golden yellows and fiery reds while the edges began to turn into a deep purple. The water stretched as far and wide ahead of her, slowly blending in with the heavens.

 

Beside her stood the most handsome boy she’s ever known, with soft blue hair that complimented his structured jawline perfectly and eyes that glistened like the ocean in front of them.

 

It sounded perfect but this couldn’t possibly be happening.

 

“I am NOT doing that, Choi Seunghyun !”

 

Seunghyun peered over the edge of the cliff they were standing on and You clung on to his hand even tighter, as if her life depended on it. At that moment, she felt it did.

 

“C’mon ____, it doesn’t look that bad. I’m going to jump in with you.” His lips rested in a relaxed smile and she wondered how he could be completely calm when her heart was beating faster than it ever had.

 

“It doesn’t matter if 20 other people jump in beside me, I am not doing it.” She shook her head in horror, slowly backing away.

 

He chuckled and he lifted her hand, brushing his lips against her knuckles. “I’ll be holding your hand the entire time!”

 

“Oh. Okay. Holding my hand will ensure that we won’t plunge to our death!” she rolled her eyes, tugging him backwards.

 

She struggled to breathe normally as fear took over.

 

“Hey, hey. Just breathe. You can do this.”

 

“I’m sorry… why again do I have to do this? I don’t remember making any pledges of this sort.”

 

Seunghyun wrapped his arms around her waist and held her close. “Remember when I told you there wouldn’t ever be a dull moment if you agreed to be with me?”

 

You knew where this was heading. “Uhh… no. I don’t remember,” she said, lying through her teeth.

 

He rolled his eyes at her, smiling. “I know you remember, I remind you all the time. Anyway, this is us, not being dull.”

 

“Can we ‘not be dull’ doing other things? Preferably things that don’t consist of jumping off cliffs.”

 

“You’re cute when you’re frightened… I never see you like this. It’s adorable,” he cooed as heat rose to your cheeks.

 

“You’re not going to get me to jump,” she whispered, her lips in a tight line. “If you wanted a Romeo and Juliet type ending for us, can’t we maybe just drink some poison like they did?”

 

He laughed, throwing his head back and she had to smile. She loved that she could make him laugh like that.

 

“But sweetie, what’s the fun in that?” he teased, pressing his lips to one of her eye brows. His arms kept her close, and his unruly hair was ruffled by the wind.

 

She pushed back the stray curl that fell across his forehead and looked deep into his eyes. “You must be crazy.”

 

“Oh c’mon, it isn’t even that high,” he reasoned before pointing a finger at the next jumping point, a little higher than theirs, “At least I didn’t choose that one.”

 

Her eyes widened. “I’ll just wait for you here. You need a cheerleader right? I can’t possibly cheer you on if I have to jump with you.”

 

Another chuckle escaped his lips and she could feel his breathe against her cheek. “You know, if we jumped before we started this conversation, it would’ve been done by now.”

 

“You mean we would have been done by now, as in dead by now.” A shudder flew up her spine, his arms instinctively wrapped tighter around her in response.

 

She leaned into him as she stared out into the sea once more. It looked peaceful and serene, she had to admit, but the waves crashing on the rocks below made her legs weak.

 

“That won’t happen,” he reassured her. “Plus, you did make a pledge to do this.”

 

“What are you talking about? Whatever you say, you won’t get me to jump.”

 

He smiled, pulling away from her and reaching into his pocket. A few moments later, a folded piece of paper emerged.

 

Seunghyun cleared his throat, “One, ride a hot air balloon. Two, write a nov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter