Slowly falling

Gravity Always Wins

 

A/N: This story is over, but my friend wanted a short scene that takes place before the actual story and I'd thought you all would enjoy it, too.


 

           “Kyuhyun, are you done charging yet? Your show is about to start,” Donghae called from the living room couch. 

            The android peeked around the corner and gave him a small smile. He removed himself from his small charging station and walked over to the couch, carrying a bowl of popcorn in his hand. He sat down next to Donghae and handed him the snack, stopping to grab the remote and flip it to the appropriate channel. 

            Donghae personally didn’t like dramas - they were too cheesy and predictable for his tastes - but it let Kyuhyun learn more about how humans interact with each other. Watching him react to the events onscreen and fielding all of his questions was a pleasure in itself; it made all the wince-worthy and silly plots worth it.

            When the show’s theme song started up, Donghae had settled into his familiar spot at the end of the couch with his arm resting on the back. This time around, Kyuhyun decided to curl up next to him, occupying the space beneath his arm and next to his chest.

            “Kyuhyun, this is new,” Donghae chuckled. It seemed like Kyuhyun found something new to surprise him with every day.

            “This is something people do when they’re on the couch, correct? Especially when watching things like this?” He looked up at him with that familiar confused expression – never directly asking a question, but simply confirming his own conclusions.

            The engineer sat there in silence, unsure if he should explain why exactly people would be in that position together, but he figured Kyuhyun understood anyway and said nothing while the show continued.