The Way He Looked At Her .

The Way He Looked At Her

He always looked at her from afar.

"Hey Taemin, you're going to do a duet with IU at the Korean Music Wave in Bangkok." Their manager walked in the door and told the maknae on the couch.

His heart felt shock. "What?" his voice croaked in misbelief.

A duet with ... IU? It was like fate, they were put on the 93line. He admired her from afar, his beauty. He's watched her ever since she 'collaborated' with SHINee for Juliette.

 

Romeo~ (ho)
Yeonghoneul bachilkkeyo
Romeo~ (ho)
Jebal nal bada jwoyo
Romeo~ (ho)
Dalkomhi jom deo dalkomhage
Soksagyeo naui serenade

He fell in love with her voice, the sweet sound like bells made Taemin fall quick.
He felt envy towards his Key hyung when he sang Love Letter with IU. Just to sneak a peek, he grabbed little Yoogeun to watch Key Appa. Of course, it was just an excuse to admire the girl. If only he could sing or rap like his hyungs, then he could do a duet with her as well.
He felt spite and a prickle at his heart when Seulong hugged IU during their Nagging performance. He didn't like the way other male idols looked at the innocent girl. But when she won first place with him, Taemin could only be happy for her. He knew what a first win was like. Shocking, and he mused over her dazed expression of that first win.
When IU pronounced Taeyang as her ideal guy, he felt as if his heart broke in half. If only she could notice him, he could win her over with his aeygo. And so he made mental notes from then on of the list of reasons why he was better than his sunbae.
When IU won with her Good Day comeback, he felt overly happiness for her. Hearing her voice quiver--he almost cryed with her when she won. If only he could have congratulated her.

 

han beondo motaetdeon mal
eojjeomyeon dasin motal baro geu mal
naneunyo oppaga joheungeol (aiku hana dul)

I'm in my dream
(It's too beautiful, beautiful day
Make it a good day
Just don't make me cry)

Time and time again, he fell hard when she sang this song. He only wished that she could call him Oppa.
Then she went against Jonghyun on Immortal Song, he flipped out, not because she won against him, but Hyung hugged her! Taemin hasn't even gotten close to her before. Hyung already had a girlfriend, why did he have to go after the pretty girls?
Taemin didn't talk to Minho for 2 days when IU cameo in his drama. He watched it and held burning anger towards his hyung for being able to hear her sing, see her act silly, go on a date with her, and put a lock on the Namsan Tower. It wasn't fair.
Even Onew had his chance MCing when she guested on Nocturnal before.
Taemin almost gave by the time IU released You and I, her MV starring child actor Hyun Woo and then Nation's Little Brother, Seungho just had to pick IU as his ideal type.

He was only the little boy from SHINee. Yet she won awards, went lengths to prove her vocal ability, and matured into a refined woman.

Taemin almost lost all hope.

Until now.

He had a chance to duet with her! This means practicing and performing on stage with IU!

"Oh, have fun! You're lucky."  Onew wished him luck for the stage, he also admire IU's vocals.

"IU's really cute and charming." Key commented in the kitchen. He recorded with her in person.

"Her voice is amazing!" Jonghyun admitted before mumbling 'Can't believe she beat me with one round'.

"Don't fall too hard, Taeminnie." Minho figured out Taemin's crush on her after a million texts wondering why Taemin was mad at him and buying him ice cream.

-

Taemin's stomach stirred, his heart wouldn't stop it's erratic beating, and he was jumbled with nervousness.

He practiced hard, reaally hard, after knowing that he'll be dueting with her. He practiced harder than for Immortal Song, when he decided he'll improve his vocals for her sake. Because he chased after this dream and his dream was coming true.

"Taemin-sshi. You're live in five minutes." Staff popped in and alerted him.

"Yeh!" He responded only folding his hands together in anticipation.

SHINee's manager slapped him on the back, "Come on Taemin. Let's get ready."

-

And the moment Taemin stepped on the stage, screams erupted and he put on his professional face. He could see after a few feet that IU was approaching also. Taemin's heart fluttered. He couldn't understand how someone could look so beautiful walking down. Taemin smiled at his screaming fans and stopped just before the piano. Oh--she's even prettier up close. He gave a quick bow at her then calmly took his seat on the piano bench.

 

I can't look at you
i feel shy because I've fallen in love
Gee gee gee

When the music started, IU began singing. On the inside, Taemin was having a panic attack. She was so close, so close. And she was singing to him. She was looking at the audience, but when she looked at him. He could feel electricity running through him.

 

So tingly tingly my body is trembling gee gee gee gee gee
Oh glittering eyes , Oh sweet aroma (oh yeah yeah yeah~)

Taemin tried to keep a straight face, but he was too into it. Her smile was too happy, her voice was too velvety. It melted with the rings of the piano.

 

Please give me a chance
When you look at me with those eyes 

Taemin let his fingers work magic into the piano. Taemin looked at the audience to avoid staring at her. But he wanted this to be for her. When he looked at her, she couldn't have been more perfect.

 

Juliette, sweetly, a little more sweeter
Whisper my serenade

She lipsinged the song, looking down. She couldn't meet his eyes. They were bored right into her soul. His smile, it was for her only. It stretched across his face, he couldn't contain the sparks inside. He wanted her to feel it --his love.

 

How did you start love?
People who have loved please tell me 

Taemin liked IU, no, Jieun--Could she tell? He wanted to know how to begin, how to chase her, how to let her know--he cares. He's admired her from afar--does she feel that?

 

Hello Hello, I might stutter a little, though
Who knows we might actually be together 

They looked at each other--she knows. The sincerity in her smile, she can't keep it off her face. She, too wants to start. They don't know how, all they know is--they want it. Taemin looks at her with his heated gaze, his eyes--he might be timid, but he wants it. And her smile--she doesn't know how to get through all those fans and their status, but it's worth it.

-

"Taemin...-sshi?"

Taemin whirls around because he recognizes that voice.

"...IU-ssi." His heart restarts once again, it's erratic beating. "Is there something ...?" His voice fails him and he nervously his lips and clears his throat.

She smiles brightly at him, that smile--the one on stage--where he could feel their love. "You can call me Jieun. We're the same age."

He notes that same age means he'll never get to hear her say 'Oppa' to him. He mentally sighs.

"... Jieun." --He restraints himself from calling her formally. "Can I help you with something?"

She takes a step forward and unconsciously tucks her hair behind her ear, "Can we ... go get coffee ... or something sometime?" She hesitates with her words.

It's an unofficial date. She's asking him out. His heart now beats wildly. He's afraid she might hear it. He takes too long thinking, he should be asking her out. Why is this--how can she--does she--

"Or maybe not ..." IU, Jieun looks down and mumbles.

"Aniya!" Taemin blurts. "We can go. I have a schedule after this though."

Taemin franticly searches around for something. He scribbles his cell phone number on a piece of paper and gives it to her. She happily takes it.

"I'll call you, Taemin-sshi. Sugohasyeosseubnida! (You've worked hard!)" Jieun bowed her head and proceeded to the door.

Taemin called out for her, "Wait, Jieun-ah."

Jieun turned her head, blinking to the sudden stop. "Yes?"

Taemin rubbed his neck nervously, "Um.. You can call me Taemin informally."

Jieun slightly smiled and nodded, "Deh."

"One more thing ..." Taemin hesitated. Jieun tilted her head, waiting.

"C-Can I ... hug you?"

Jieun froze and flushed, "A-ah. O-okay, sure."

Taemin awkwardly put his arms around her, the feeling of her petite body in his arms was delightful--the perfect size.

He whispered in her ear, "Komawo. (Thanks.)" And gave a tight squeeze before he let go.

Jieun tucked her hair behind her ear once again and looked down, "Najung-e Boja. (See you later.)"

With her pink face, she shuffled out of the room.

Taemin smiled widely to himself, he couldn't be more happy.

 

 

Isn't that just fluffy! ^^ They're so cute. I could spazz about their performance all day!