The Gift

Melody's Kiss

Aclaire’s POV

A day has passed since I found out Jonghyun had a girlfriend.

I had called Hyosung on Saturday night and bawled my eyes out over the phone telling her about my broken heart. After hearing about it she immediately came the next day.

 “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” Hyosung wailed as she came for a visit on Sunday, “I could’ve helped you,”

“It’s ok. I’m over it,” I replied.

“You didn’t sound over it on the phone,” she said, “Well that doesn’t matter. I should go and thank Jin tomorrow. As a best friend I’m sorry I couldn’t be there,”

“It’s ok! You didn’t even know I was going to the festival with Joon,” I replied and then immediately realised my mistake.

“Joon...?” Hyosung asked.

“Sorry I meant Jin, they look so alike I get confused,” I corrected myself.

Hyosung raised an eyebrow then shrugged her shoulders. Phew. That was a close one. 

“You poor thing, you’ve liked him for over a year now, it must hurt,” Hyosung said.

“I’m fine,” I said and tried to force a smile.

“Well, whatever. Let’s not talk about him and have some fun with the girls,” Hyosung suggested.

“And what is this fun?” I asked.

Hyosung took a moment to think and then her face light up, “Karaoke!” She said excitedly and texted Vanessa and Michelle about the news.

Karaoke...? Gosh. I seriously couldn't think of a time Hyosung didn’t relieve broken hearts with Karaoke. For her it was like a must do thing if you’re hurt. The good thing about it though I guess, was it worked.

Vanessa and Michelle arrived at my apartment and we started setting up the Karaoke machine.

“I hope the neighbours aren’t going to report us,” I said worriedly.

“Aclaire. We are doing this so you can forget about ‘him’, don’t worry too much,” Hyosung reassured.

“Ok I want to go first!” Michelle burst out and started singing.

~~~

The four of us were finally exhausted after like a hundred rounds. It felt good to just let it all out like that. I felt that all those feelings I had for Jonghyun have been released and have disappeared completely. We spread ourselves out on the floor and tried to restore our energy.

Sadly they had to leave and I was left to clean up the house by myself. I slouched onto my couch. Ok. I was over it. I had no more feelings for Jonghyun. I took a deep breath and exhaled.

~~~

I arrived at school and already I heard people gossiping about Jonghyun’s new girlfriend. I sighed. It was not something I wanted to hear about this early in the morning.

It was time for Home Group. Hyosung had pulled Joon away from his seat next to Jonghyun and directed him over to our table.

“Jin, thank you so much for taking care of Aclaire on Friday,” Hyosung thanked.

“It’s ok, we’re related. It’s the least I can do,” Joon replied, “so how are you feeling Aclaire?”

“I’m fine. I am completely over it. Besides it’s not like he cheated or anything, we weren’t even going out,” I explained.

Joon nodded, “Well I’m glad you’re ok,”

“Jin, I really want to thank you properly so may I ask when your birthday is,” Hyosung said.

“Um... it’s on the 7th of February,” Joon answered.

“Wait, but that’s tomorrow!” Hyosung exclaimed.

“Yeah. Too late to buy me something,” he said and smirked.

Hyosung pouted, “Well, I’ll thank you some other time then,”

Joon walked back over to his seat and home group continued. Mrs. Park had reminded us about the Sports Carnival coming up in two days and everyone seemed to be pumped.

Time seemed to be going so fast today. Before I knew it school had already finished. Maybe Hyosung was right, I should really thank Joon. To be honest he was the first guy I had cried in front of. I wanted to buy him a gift for his birthday but what. I hardly knew anything about him. I took the train to town and hoped a gift idea would pop up.

Joon’s POV

School finished and I wanted to look for Aclaire, just to make sure she was ok with everything. I walked out but I couldn’t find her. Maybe she had work on, who knows? I was just about to leave the school gates when Hyuna and a group of girls blocked my path. I rolled my eyes. Here we go again.

“Jin. You busy today?” Hyuna asked.

I sighed. “Not really,”

“Where’s Aclaire? Aren’t you guys always together?” One of the other girls asked.

“I don’t know...why are you guys looking for her?” I asked.

“Oh no, it’s not her we’re looking for but you,” Hyuna said and ran up to me so she could grab my arm, “Jin, let’s walk home together.”

I looked back to see if I could spot Kikwang and the others but I couldn’t see them. Damn. Before I could even refuse I was already being dragged by the group of girls but instead of in the direction to my apartment I seemed to be going in the opposite direction.

“Um... where are we going?” I asked nervously.

“You’ll find out soon enough,” Hyuna replied.

Aclaire’s POV

After an hour of wondering around I still didn’t know what to get him.

“...The gift is this new crystal sculpture of a piano. Hey miss,” The announcer said and walked up to me.

“Are you talking to me..?” I asked.

“Yes, are you interested in giving this a go?” He asked while holding the mini crystal piano up.

Crystal-Piano-Music-Box-SYC25-.jpg

I looked at the gift. It sure was pretty... Maybe if I won I could give this to Joon.

“Sure, so what do I have to do to win?” I asked.

“Simple. Just see if you can follow this on the piano,” He said and gestured towards a lady sitting at a grand piano just located outside the shop.

I couldn’t play piano even if my life depended on it. In fact I’ve never even touched it, how was I suppose to follow her. The lady started playing and immediately I was swooning over it. It was just so beautiful. I could never play that! But I really wanted that gift. I bit my nails. A hand suddenly tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around and prepared to defend myself.

“Sorry to scare you, I’m Himchan. Jin’s friend,” he introduced with a smile.

“Oh hi. Yeah I’ve seen you around. I’m Aclaire,” I said.

He laughed, “There’s no need to introduce yourself. You’re the famous distant cousin of Jin,” He said, “So you want that gift?” He asked and jerked his head towards the crystal piano.

“Well, I was planning to give it to someone so I guess you could say that. The thing is though, I can’t play piano,” I said in embarrassment.

Himchan gave a small chuckle, “Ok, let me help you.”

I was confused what did he mean by help. The lady finished playing and the announcer gestured for me to give it a try. I took a step when Himchan held me back.

“I said I’d help right?” He whispered to me, “I’ll be playing,” he informed the announcer.

He walked up to the piano and started playing. I was too amazed for words. It was identical and even the feel was the same. One word, wow! After he finished playing he received loud applauses from the crowd surrounding the shop. Even the lady and the announcer were surprised.

“Well, looks like we have a winner!” The announcer said and handed the crystal piano to him.

Himchan thanked him and gave a bow. He walked back over to me and handed me the nicely wrapped up gift.

“I can’t take this. You won it, not me,” I said.

“I said I was going to help, so take it,” He insisted.

I was so grateful. I thanked his generosity and peered at the gift. I hope Joon would like it.

“Whoever’s getting this gift must be one lucky guy,” Himchan said.

I laughed, “I don’t think he’s that lucky,”

“So it is a guy,” He said and raised an eyebrow teasingly, “Let me guess.... Jin!”

I gasped, “How’d you know?” I asked.

“It’s his birthday tomorrow so I suppose you getting something for him isn’t anything out of the ordinary,” he explained, “Just mention I helped you get this,” He said and smiled.

“Of course,” I said.

I didn’t really know Himchan that well but it seemed like he was a nice guy. It was nice to meet someone like him. He was so easy to talk to.

We walked back to the train station together and said our farewells.

“See you tomorrow,” Himchan said and waved while he walked in the other direction.

“Sure, bye Himchan,” I said and waved back.

I clutched the gift in my hand and a smile sneaked across my face.

****

Chapter 9 is up!! Thank you for reading! ^^ Please comment and subscribe. <3 Thank you! This chapter is kind of a filler so I'm sorry if it's boring. :P 

xxx