The Deal

Melody's Kiss

Joon’s POV

I woke up with a throbbing pain in my head. I looked down and saw that my arms and legs were tightly tied to a chair. My eyes wondered around my surroundings. Aclaire was unconscious next to me and my Dad’s men enclosed the room. One of them noticed me moving and suddenly left, probably to report that I was awake.

Soon after, the sound of expensive leather shoes entered the room. Just by the sound, I knew it was my Dad, and I was right.

“Joon! You’ve waken,” my dad said with a smile.

I gave him a quick smile and then returned to my former expression of annoyance.

“So have you given some thought about becoming my successor?” He asked.

“Well, I obviously rebelled to it, why else would I be tied up here in front of you,” I replied.

“Son listen to me, you’re still young so being an Idol is fine. In fact it’s fantastic. But what about when you’re over thirty, you won’t be able to compete with the younger Idols,” he argued.

“Well I’ll wait until I’m thirty to decide that,” I said.

He didn’t reply for about a minute and instead took deep breaths. I hope he wasn’t going to throw a fit at me or something. Suddenly, I heard someone mumbling next to me. Was it Aclaire…? I was probably hearing things so I ignored it.

“Son, I’m only trying to do what’s best for you. It’s better to stop this childish dream now and start working at the company with me. Why won’t you become my successor?” he finally said.

I sighed, “Because I’m living my dream and I’ve met so many wonderful people because of it. I don’t want to be like you who just sits and does nothing in a fancy office!”

“How dare you speak to your father like that? You know very well that this business will soon become yours,” my Dad yelled.

“No, you don’t under-,” I managed to say before I was interrupted.

“If he doesn’t want to do it, then he doesn’t want to do it,” a voice said beside me and I realised it was Aclaire.

“What are you doing?” I whispered to her, “When did you wake up?”

“Shh, I’m trying to help you,” she whispered and then continued talking, “You’re his dad right? Your son is living his dream, so many people would be dying to be in his shoes right now and you’re going to just take it all away?”

“I am not taking away anything, I’m just doing what’s best for his future,” my father said angrily.

“No Dad. You’re not. You’re thinking about the company’s future, not mine,” I retorted. Aclaire nodded furiously beside me. Seriously, that girl is going to drive me nuts.

“You, just what is your relationship with my son?” My dad asked curiously while he pointed his finger at Aclaire.

“Relationship? To be honest we just met but because of him, I had two near death experiences! Yes, not one but two!” she said while holding two fingers up, “Also, I hate it when people force others to do things unwillingly,”

“Son, just what have you told this girl?” He asked me.

“He hasn’t told me anything,” Aclaire said before I could even respond.

“Aclaire stop. This is my problem and I’ll deal with it,” I said, “Dad, let’s make a deal,”

My dad raised an eyebrow, “Go on,” he said.

“You always wanted me to go to school and graduate right,” my father nodded, “Well, what if I attend school like a normal teenager, forget about being an Idol and graduate. If I succeed will you let me continue with my dream?” I suggested.

“And if you fail?” My dad asked.

I took a deep breath. I couldn’t believe I was going to say this, “If I fail, I will work with you and become your successor. No excuses,”

My dad applauded, “Ok, deal. Remember what you have said son. Men untie them,”

A few men approached us and started untying the ropes. Finally, I could move my arms. They were starting to become numb. We were escorted outside and left alone in the hallway.

“What were you thinking, interrupting me like that?” I asked Aclaire.

“Sorry… I just wanted to help,” she said with her head hung low, “Now that I know you’re actually an Idol, I feel bad for calling you a gangster,”

For some reason a smile sneaked across my face even though she had no idea who I was, I appreciated her thoughtfulness.

“So what school are you planning to go to?” She asked.

Right. A school…

 “I dunno, my Dad will probably sort that out,” I said.

Aclaire’s POV

At that moment, I felt sorry for the guy. He had a father who was against him and now he had to forget about his idol life. I looked at my watch to avoid a response and was surprised. It was 4am in the morning!

“Where are you going to stay?” I suddenly asked.

“Not sure, I’ll probably find some place,” he responded.

I let out a sigh, “Why don’t you stay at my place for a while. That is until you find your own place,” I recommended. I don't even know why I was helping him, maybe it was out of pity or myabe it was out of pure guilt. 

“Really? Well then what are we waiting for, let’s go,” he said and flashed a killer smile which made my heart skip a beat. That didn’t mean anything, right?

We walked to my apartment and were both exhausted. The first thing Joon did was lie on the couch. Gosh. He sure made himself comfortable.

“Hey, I’ll get you some blankets,” I said.

He didn’t respond so I walked towards him and peered at his face. He was asleep. That was fast! I sighed and grabbed a spare blanket and covered him with it. I prepared for bed and before I knew it I had already fallen asleep.

~~~

The sound of my alarm clock woke me up. I unwillingly got out of bed and looked at the time, 7am. I had such a weird dream last night. I mean I met this gangster who was and Idol. Yawning, I went back to sleep…

Something vibrated on my bed-side-table. I opened my eyes and found that it was my phone.

“Hello, Aclaire speaking,” I said wearily.

“Aclaire, it’s me Hyosung. Where are you?” Hyosung asked.

“I’m at home, what’s wrong?” I replied.

“Do you know what time it is? It’s 9am! What are you doing at home?” Hyosung was literally yelling at the phone.

I shot up. Did I hear her right? 9am? Crap! “Hyosung, I coming right now!” I said and hung up.

I got myself ready, roughly changed into my uniform and headed outside. I jumped in shock when I saw a figure lying on the couch. So it wasn’t a dream! What was I going to do? I had to go to school. I quickly got out a sticky note, scribbled a message and placed it on his forehead.

I grabbed my bag and keys and raced out the apartment. Hopefully my teacher would overlook my tardiness.

Joon’s POV

The sunlight brightened the lounge room and I forced myself to open my eyes. Something was flapping against my face, I lifted my hand to grab it and realised it was a note, I read it to myself,

‘I left for school already. This is my number if you need anything,”

Right. I was super hungry so I thought I would see if there was anything to eat again. Well, this wasn’t the first time I raided her kitchen. I got out some snacks when the door bell rang.

I opened the door and it was a delivery addressed to me. The delivery man handed me the receipt and I signed it. Bringing the package inside I started to unwrap it. There was a note, just how many notes am I getting today? It read:  

To Son,

Enclosed in this package is the address and key to your new home, your new school and their uniform. I am hoping you would change your mind and just come work with me but a deal’s a deal.

Your Father,

Looks like I had to move. I wrote a note to Aclaire saying my thanks and left.

Aclaire’s POV

Great. I had detention after school. Thank god my last lesson was with Hyosung. I wasn’t in any of her classes for the whole day!

“So why were you late?” Hyosung asked.

“It’s a long story, do you know Mblaq?” I said trying to change the subject.

“Of course! They’re the group I was talking about last week! Don’t tell me you don’t remember?” She said in disbelief.

“Ohh,” I didn’t remember, “Didn’t you say they were having some concert?” I asked.

“Yeah but it’s only going to be the 4 of them. One of the members is apparently sick. Why are you suddenly interested?” She said and leaned closer.

“Oh it’s nothing, I just, um… heard someone talking about them,” I quickly lied. Could it be that Joon being sick was a cover-up for his conflict with his dad?

“Well ok,” she replied.

Although she was my best friend I couldn’t tell her about Joon… What if it ruined his deal?

After a boring lecture, class was finally over and I walked down to my locker.

“Aww… you poor thing, you've got detention right after school! I guess I’ll see you tomorrow,” She said and gave me a tight hug.

“Yeah, bye,” I said.

I arrived at the detention room and noticed I was the only one there. Far out. The supervising teacher came in and ticked me off his roll or whatever. I sat there staring out the window. A long hour passed and I was dismissed. Finally.

I arrived home and noticed Joon was gone. There was a note on the kitchen bench.

“It’s me Joon. Thank you for helping me yesterday. I really appreciate it. Please don’t tell anyone about meeting me. Once again thanks,” I read aloud.

I breathed out a sigh, to be honest I kind of wanted to see him again. I walked to the fridge to finish off that left over pizza. After seeing what was in the fridge I screamed. Ok, let me rephrase that, after seeing what wasn’t in the fridge, I screamed. Where did all my food go? Where was my pizza? I could only come up with one conclusion…Lee Joon! 

****

Chapter 3 is up!! Sorry this chapter is really boring.... is there too much dialogue? 

But Anyway thank you for readingg!!! ^^ 

I would also like to thank those who commented and subscribed! i appreciate it!! <333