Sick

Melody's Kiss

Joon’s POV

My eyes felt heavy but I forced them open. My body was generating so much heat that I almost found it suffocating. I gave out a small yawn and felt a tingling sensation on my lips. Something was also touching my shoulder. I turned my head and saw Aclaire resting her head against me. My body suddenly tensed at her touch. It seems like she was asleep and I refused to wake her. Instead, I looked at the necklace dangling around her neck and a triumphant smile formed across my face.

The bus seemed to be driving at the slowest pace possible. I was so stiff from not moving that I could collapse any minute now. I stared out the window and the street lights gave the slightest glow over the area. I continued to stare when we passed by a familiar station… our stop!

I quickly pressed the stop button and prayed that the next station wasn’t too far away. After a while the bus slowed down and I gently shook Aclaire’s arm. Her head slowly lifted and she looked at me with weary eyes.

“Are we here already?” She asked sleepily and rubbed her eyes.

“Well, close.” I replied, afraid to tell her that we had already passed our stop.

We both stepped out the bus and observed it as it drove off. Rain was still pouring down and I started to feel a little light headed.

 “Hey, this isn’t our stop.” Aclaire said as she looked at her surroundings.

I gave out a guilty chuckle and scratched the back of my head. “Sorry,”

She immediately shook her head, “No, don’t be. It’s still raining let’s hurry back.”

I listened and the both of us ran in the rain with only our hands as shelter.

Aclaire’s POV

What was I thinking? I thought to myself when we tried to escape the rain and I remembered the action I committed just minutes ago. I stared at the ground as I ran in order to hide my red face. How could I have done that? The rain started to lessen and soon our jogs became walks.

I still couldn’t believe that I was actually brave enough to even get close to him like that. What if he found out? What if he was pretending to sleep? I continued to think of all the possible responses that could have occurred if Joon found out I secretly kissed him. Fortunately, he didn’t mention anything… yet.

A loud sneeze interrupted my thoughts and I turned my head towards Joon.

“We better hurry or else you’re going to be sick,” I suggested and started to jog again. Joon nodded and jogged along with me.

We arrived at the base of our apartment building and started to rinse the water out of our soaking clothes under the porch. Joon’s face didn’t look very good.

“Hey are you feeling ok?” I asked.

“I’m fine,” he replied but his voice was queasy.

I was filled with worry and I placed the back of my hand against his forehead. I quickly pulled back when I felt a hot sting on my skin.

“You’re burning!” I exclaimed with shock. “Oh my god, I think you’re sick.”

“It’s nothing. My body temperature is just higher than normal today. I never get sick,” He retorted and smiled.

His lips were pale and any colour left was drained.

“Stop protesting. You’re sick! Come on let’s get inside so we can get you into some fresh clothes.” I said and hurriedly pushed Joon through the entrance and into the elevator.

He was breathing heavily and muttered something under his breath.

“Sorry?” I said and leaned in closer to hear what he was saying.

“This is stupid. I rarely ever get sick,” he said in a small whisper.

The corners of my lips curled upwards and I took a good look at him. This was insane, how could someone look so charismatic even though they were sick? Was it the slow breathing, the sweat, maybe the water that rolled down the side of his face or was it the way his skin was as hot as fire? Whatever it was, he was definitely pulling my heart strings the more I looked at him. I shook my head to stop fantasising and quickly tried to remain calm.

Joon leaned onto the mirrored walls and soon the mirror began to fog up from his body heat. His eyes became unfocused and his every move unsteady. I peered at his face, he was sweating like crazy.

“What should I do?” I quietly asked myself when we reached my floor. Hesitantly, I grabbed Joons arm and slumped it over my shoulder to support him as we made it out of the elevator. We stumbled a little and barely made it to the door without falling. With one hand finding my keys and the other supporting Joon, I managed to successfully unlock the door. We continued to stumble and I gave Joon a gentle push towards the couch. He landed heavily with his head laid back.

“I’ll go get some ice ok?” I said and immediately went to the kitchen.

The cold air made me even colder when I retrieved the ice pack. I was already wet and the coldness of the ice pack turned my hands numb. I quickly placed it on Joon’s forehead and got a towel to wipe away his sweat.

Words couldn’t describe the amount of guilt I felt as I glanced at him suffering.

“I’ll go get a change of clothes,” I suggested and stood up.

Before I could go up any further, a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down. I landed roughly and soon realised I was on Joon’s lap.

“Don’t go,” he mumbled.

My face burned crimson and soon my body temperature was high enough to challenge Joon’s.

“W-what are you talking about? I’m going to get you some fresh clothes,” I stuttered while shotting up and quickly walked out of the lounge room.

My hands cupped my face and without even peering at my reflection, I knew it was turning redder. I rummaged around my drawers and found an oversize top and some track pants that were too big for me. They may have been a little small for Joon but it was good enough.

I folded the clothes into a neat pile and carried them outside. 

 “Change into this,” I said as I shyly handed him the pile of dry garments.

He reached his arm out and gently took it. Suddenly, he started to pull his wet shirt over his head which exposed his toned body.

I jumped at his boldness and quickly turned around so I wouldn’t stare. I could already feel my temperature increasing... agiain! 

“I’m going to go back to my room.” I said and awkward walked away being careful not to lay my eyes on him while he changed.

I shut the door behind me and leaned against it while taking several deep breaths. As I fanned myself with my hand I noticed that I had fallen into the biggest hole ever created. I’m starting to fall for this man even more.

“What am I going to do?” I questioned myself in frustration.

Joon’s POV

After getting out of those wet clothes, I felt more comfortable. My throat was dry and every time I tried to swallow it would take up all my effort and energy. The ice in the ice pack had turned into liquid. Yeah, that's how hot I was. 

“I haven’t had a cold for such a long time that I’ve forgotten how much suffering it caused.” I said to myself and attempted to stand.

My head felt light and every time I moved it felt as if I had just got off a rollercoaster.

“I need a drink.” I muttered to myself and wondered around towards the kitchen. My vision was starting to blur and I felt disorientated.

I couldn't really recognise where I was going but I think I passed the kitchen. A door stood in front of me which I believed to be the door to Aclaire’s room. My vision was getting worse and my head was spinning like there was no tomorrow. Wait… maybe I really did have no tomorrow. Maybe, my life was going to end the minute I collapsed.

With that thought, my mind felt foggy and sweat continued to secrete from my skin. I closed my eyes and immediately felt like I was going to faint which is  quiet ironic actually, because I did.

I fell forwards and hit my hand on the door to steady myself. Unfortunately, that didn’t help and my body dropped onto the cold ground.

*************************

Thank you for your patience everyone!! I have finally updated!! ^^ 

Please anticipate the next chapter >.<

lots of love!

- Xtra_sweet

xxx