Second Kiss

Melody's Kiss

Aclaire’s POV

I arrived home and to my surprise I saw my parents packing their belongings.

“What’s wrong,” I asked with concern.

“Your dad just got a call from the office telling us to leave immediately, sorry for not telling you sooner, honey,” Mum informed me as she came over to give me a kiss on the forehead.

I was totally shocked, “But,” I began to protest. “It’s only been a few days.”

“We know honey. And we’re terrible sorry,” Dad said as he zipped up his suitcase.

I gave a long sigh. “Well, work is important. Make sure to visit as soon as possible okay?” 

Both my parents came up to me and hugged me tightly.

“Aclaire, the Bridal staff has been super amazing and I just received this,” Dad said as he held up an A4 sized yellow envelope and passed it to me. “Don’t open it until later ok?”

“Why?” I asked curiously.

“It’s going to be a surprise,” Dad replied and ruffled my hair.

“Bye Aclaire,” Mum said as she hugged me one more time and kissed my forehead. “Take care,”

I forced a warm smile. “You too,”

I saw their back walk out the door and in an instant I knew I was alone again.

~~~

I finished some homework and noticed the A4 envelope resting neatly beside my desk. I held the envelope up and started the tear at the seal. It revealed five large print photos. I stared at them in amazement.

“Wow,” was probably the only word that I could manage to say.

I rummaged around the envelope the see if there was anything else and noticed another much smaller envelope inside. I carefully reached my hand in to retrieve this small package and fumbled to open it. There was a little message that read:

To Aclaire,

I just had to get this professionally printed because both of you are absolutely adorable.

P.S I wouldn’t be surprised if this handsome young man standing next to you is going to be our future son-in-law.

Mum and Dad

xxx

I stared blankly at the letter. Did I just read that right? Future son-in-law! That was impossible! I retrieved the photos inside and saw that Dad had printed off two copies of the same photo with Joon and I together. I pondered if I should give it to him or just keep it for myself to look at. In the end I decided to give it to him personally.

I left the house in a rush and somehow grabbed my school bag with me. I must’ve looked like a freak. I took a glance outside the window and noticed that dark clouds had covered the sun and the world was immediately darkened. It looked like it was going to rain. Very, very heavily.

I raised my finger and hesitantly pressed the doorbell as I arrived at Joon’s door. Although I was totally confident that the picture won’t have the same effect on him as it has on me, I was still nervous. The door slowly opened and standing there was the man that I have hopelessly fallen for.

“H-hey,” he said as he cleared his throat.

A smile formed across my face as I held up the photos.

“Bridal sent over the photos. They made an extra copy of the one with you in it so I thought I would come over and give it to you,” I said.

“Oh, come in,” He said as he stepped aside so I could enter his apartment.

Joon’s POV

I didn’t expect Aclaire to come over and it surprised me a little. She handed me the photo of us together and I was flabbergasted. Did I really have that bright smile on my face? I don’t remember seeing myself like this in years! Aclaire stared at me waiting for a response.

“I like it,” I said while slowly nodding my head, “Thanks,”

“Glad you do,” she replied and took a step towards the door.

“Would you like something to drink? I’ve made some coffee,” I interrupted quickly before she could take another step.

She paused, “Sure,”

I took in a deep breath and gestured for her to sit down while I went to get her some coffee. I stared at the photo again as I poured the boiling beverage into a mug.

I felt something warm and wet soak my socks and immediately adverted my gaze from the picture.

I looked down and swore. The coffee had overflowed and spilled all over the floor. I quickly stopped pouring and placed the photo in my pocket.

Aclaire then came rushing inside asking what happened. I looked at her in embarrassment.

She gasped as she saw the spilt coffee and came over to help me clean the mess. She got some paper towels and started to dry the kitchen bench.

“Here, I’ll clean this up. Why don’t you wait outside for I bit,” she suggested and I couldn’t help but obey.

I’m such an idiot, I repeatedly thought to myself as I sat on the couch waiting.

Aclaire then came out with two mugs and the scent of coffee drifted in the air.

“This, is how you serve coffee,” she joked as she handed me a mug.

I gratefully accepted my mug and took a small sip. Aclaire came and sat next to me and I secretly shuffled over a bit to get closer.

“How’s the coffee?” I asked.

“Fantastic, because I made it,” she said with a dangerously sweet smile that brightened the room.

She continued to take small sips and I was totally absorbed in observing her every move. I took a quick glance to see if she was still wearing the necklace and noticed the silver chain wasn’t there. I was confused. She was wearing it this morning. Curious I wanted to know why she had taken it off.

“You know, this necklace really suits me,” I said jokingly as I touched the pendant dangling from my neck.

She gave a small laugh, “You know what? I think so too.”

“So where’s your necklace?” I asked.

She touched her neck, “Oh, that’s right. It’s in my bag,”

She reached inside her bag and looked through it. After a moment she paused and then started to frantically look in every sleeve. Her actions became abrupt and rushed.

“Is something wrong?” I questioned.

She turned towards me with a face full of worry. “I think I lost my necklace,”

Aclaire’s POV

I couldn’t believe it. It was with me just seconds ago. Suddenly I felt a strong grip grab my arm and pull me up.

“Come on. We’re going to find it. You probably dropped it at school or something,” Joon said in a determined voice.

Without finding the right words, I just nodded and let Joon lead me outside his apartment and into the open air. The sky seemed to be darker than it was last but that didn’t stop Joon from racing towards the school as he held my hand.

We arrived at school but the gates were closed.

“What are we going to do now?” I asked.

“Don’t worry we can climb over,” he suggested and ran towards the brick wall. He swiftly leaped up and pulled himself on top the wall. He reached his hands towards me and jerked his head in the direction of the school.

I stared at his hand.

“You’re kidding right?” I asked but knew it was a rhetorical question.

“Come on. The sun’s about to set,” he persuaded.

I grabbed his hand and he helped me up the wall until we were both sitting there grinning like idiots. He suddenly jumped down and held his arms out towards me.

“Jump,” he said and smiled. Two deep dimples formed on either side of his lips and my heart already began to race. I squeezed my eyes shut and pushed myself off.

Thump.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Joon’s face inches away from mine. Oh my god, my heart was about to burst!

He put me down until my feet made contact with the concrete ground.

“Ok, let’s go hunting,” he said and started to look around the building.

I followed and tried to remember where I was last. We arrived at the school oval and decided to split up and search. The sun was setting which made it extremely hard to see.

I took a glance in Joon’s direction and saw that he was really focused on looking. He was totally concentrating on every strand of grass and every patch of dirt. Well I was the same. I continued to search when I felt a drop of rain land on my face. I looked up and the sky was now covered with a sheet of grey.

Seconds later it started to spit. I sprinted to Joon and told him that we could look for it tomorrow.

“It’s ok, the rain isn’t that bad,” he replied eyes fixed on the ground.

“Joon, what if it get’s worse. It’s ok. We can look for it tomorrow,” I suggested as I tugged the hem of his shirt.

He stood up and placed both his arms on my shoulders, his eyes staring into mine.

“Aclaire, I’m going to find it,” he said and immediately returned to search for the necklace.

I sighed and continued to desperately look for it as well. The rain started to pour and it became heavier. (Right Click and open new tab) It dampened my hair and caused my hands to become numb. I took a look at my watch and didn’t realise it was already so late.

I wasn’t getting any luck in finding anything and it looked like Joon wasn’t either. Suddenly a cold wind blew against me which felt like needles pricking against my skin. It was awfully cold. I moved over towards Joon to persuade him to stop.

I heard him sneeze and was immediately concerned.

“Hey, let’s go. You’re going to get sick in this weather!” I told him.

“It’s ok. I don’t get sick that easily,” he insisted. We had searched every inch of the oval and couldn’t find anything.

“Maybe it’s somewhere else,” he muttered and ran towards the gate.

My hair was now literally soaked as we ran in the rain. It was night time and there was hardly any light to assist us in looking. Why was Joon so persistant? I was as desperate to find the necklace as he was but that was because it was special. It was a necklace for both of us, a necklace that allows us to have a bond. It was important to me. So what was his reason?

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a cheer escaping Joon’s lips. He ran towards me while blinking to get the rain out of his eyes. He dangled the chain between his fingers and had the biggest smile on his face.

He found it. He. Found. It! I was so happy that my body reacted on its own as I swung my arms around him and started jumping up and down.

I realised that I was just embarrassing myself and stopped.He chuckled and began to put the necklace around me.

It felt as if time had stopped. The both of us stood alone with no one around at night, in the rain. Drops of water dripped down on the strands of our hair and we were soaked from head to toe.

“Let’s go back,” he said.

He helped me over the wall again and instead of walking we saw a bus coming towards us and decided to take it so we were out of the rain.

(Right click and open new tab to listen)

I got out some pocket tissues and started to wipe the water from my hair. I noticed that the bus had the radio on and some relaxing music was playing. It was so relaxing that I could drift off to sleep listening to it. 

I was about to offer a tissue to Joon when I heard him breathing heavily. His eyes were closed and his chest moved up and down in sync with his breathing. I bet he was exhausted.

Somehow, I was mesmerised by his sleeping state. My eyes were fixed on his lips and before I knew it I was already inching closer towards his perfect face. The music in the background seemed to fit perfectly with the current mood and I slowly closed my eyes. I could feel his breath on my skin and soon my lips had brushed gently over his…

******************

Chapter 21 is finally completed!!! I have been so busy and it’s amazing how I found time to finish this. I’m really thankful to my readers who have been patient with me. I love you!! <3

Once again THANK YOU!! xxx 

P.S I really love the RainyMood thingy!!