Waiting

Melody's Kiss

Joon’s POV

The chair had crashed onto the floor and Aclaire had fallen down with it. After the sound of clashing between the floor and the chair everyone’s head turned towards Aclaire. Mr. Lee walked up to us and gave us a glare that would burn glass.

“Aclaire, not only are you not paying attention in class but you are disrupting your classmates. Both you and Jin will be finding yourselves in detention today and tomorrow,” Mr. Lee demanded as the bell went, “I guess I’ll be seeing you to in my office, now!” he added and dismissed the class.

“Hey, you ok?” I asked and helped her up. Why was this guy a teacher? His student had fallen over and he’s not even showing any concern.

“I’m fine,” she replied but cringed as she got up.

“Hey, you don’t look fine,” I said.

Michelle, Vanessa and Hyosung then rushed to her aid.

“Hey, are you sure you’re ok?” Hyosung asked worriedly and took a look at her ankle.

“I’m fine, don’t worry about it,” Aclaire reassured.

“You know how you hurt your foot during the Sports Carnival? I think you just made it worse,” Vanessa stated while Michelle and Hyosung both nodded in agreement.

“Don’t be silly. I’ve fully healed from that now,” Aclaire said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“I’m not so sure,” I said uncertainly.

“Look, I’m fine,” she said and started walking around the room. “See? No problems at all,”

Well she wasn’t limping so I guess she was ok, for now.

“How unlucky, both of you have to spend an hour after school with Mr. Lee,” Michelle said.

“Yeah, I know. Well I guess we better go,” Aclaire suggested and gestured for me to go with her.

Hyosung and the others left while we walked towards Mr. Lee’s office.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” Aclaire asked.

Boy, I tried. “I did, but you didn’t respond,” I answered.

Aclaire tilted her head which made her look like a little kid. “Really?” she asked and scratched the back of her head.

We reached the front door of the office and entered quietly. Mr. Lee sat at his desk with his arms folded across his chest as we walked into the room.

“Sit,” he said and nodded his head towards the row of chairs.

~~~

Chunji’s POV

I glanced at my watch and noticed it was already past 4 o’clock. Why wasn’t Aclaire home yet? I mean it’s not that I really cared or anything. I was just…

“What am I thinking? Of course I care. What if she’s been kidnapped by some creep and Joon couldn’t help her because he was also kidnapped and held ransom?” I thought aloud, “Ok, I’m going to find you,”

I left my room and walked pass the kitchen. 

“Chunji, where are you going?” Aclaire’s Mum shouted across the room.

“Out. I’ll be back soon,” I replied. I was almost at the front door when it opened and Aclaire entered with wide eyes.

“Oh my god, you scared me,” she said and walked in, “I’m home,”

She walked straight pass me and straight into the kitchen. My mouth hung open and I blinked. Here I was all worried and she doesn’t even say hi when she’s home.

I went back into my room.

“Weren’t you going to go out?” Aclaire’s Mum asked.

“Er, no it’s nothing. I thought I didn’t bring my iPod charger and was going to buy one but it’s right here,” I said and held it up.

Aclaire’s POV

I slumped on my bed with my back facing the ceiling and just stayed there for a while. After a lecture form Mr. Lee I don’t think I will ever be able to sleep in class again. The thought of having to go tomorrow made my stomach churn. I turned over on my back and let out a big sigh.

Joon took the whole ‘Chunji knowing thing’ really well. In fact too well, was he really ok with it? Was he only trying to be nice? Ah, I’m probably just over thinking it. I got up and prepared myself for a shower to cleanse my thoughts.

~~~

I got out and saw that Chunji sitting on the couch watching TV. Wasn’t he supposed to leave today?

“Aren’t you supposed to be leaving today?” I asked.

Chunji turned his head around, “Why aren’t I welcomed?” he asked.

Yes. That is exactly right. “Never mind,” I replied.

~~~

Chunji’s POV

I have decided that I’m going to go and pick Aclaire up myself. Although it seems really weird, I just want to know that she’s safe. I paced around my room thinking of an excuse I could use to hide the fact that I was concerned.

“What if I just happened to walk by and… nah that would be too obvious. How about I pretend I’m waiting for Joon? That would work right?” I said to myself.

~~~

I finally reached the front of the school and everyone was exiting the gates.

“Where is she?” I asked quietly to myself.

I glanced at the time. 3.15pm. shouldn’t she be out now?

Amongst the crowd of students I spotted a familiar figure. Well, a familiar smile to be exact. When the figure came closer I realised that it was her. Who on this planet had gums like hers when they smiled? It was Hyosung. It had to be Hyosung. I’m not sure if she saw me but I definitely saw her. She was walking with some other girls that I didn’t recognise. Something was missing from that picture though. Where was Aclaire?

I decided to say hello as she walked pass.

“Hey,” I said cheerily and waved my hand up.

Hyosung furrowed her eyebrows, “You talking to me?” she asked as she pointed at herself.

I couldn’t believe it. She didn’t recognise me.

“Yeah, don’t you know who I am?” I inquired.

She took a closer look at me face and then opened wide.

“Oh my god! It’s you! Chunji. It’s you right?” She asked excitedly.

I laughed, “Yep, it’s me,”

We both gave each other a hug and started a long conversation. After that I finally managed to ask where Aclaire was.

“Oh, she’s got detention unfortunately. Do you want to see her? Or maybe you need to see her,” she teased and put emphasis on the word need.

“Oh, it’s not like that!” I defended. Hyosung was another person who knew how much I liked Aclaire. In fact she was the first person I told.

“Well, whatever you say,” she said. “It was nice to see you again. We have to catch up! Call me when you’re free and I’ll bring Aclaire along too,” she added and gave me a playful wink.

I rolled my eyes and before I could even think of a comeback she already had her back facing me and left. Crap. I forgot to ask when the detention finished. I stood there waiting and soon minutes felt like hours.

“Why isn’t she coming out yet?” I asked in frustration and stared at my watch. It was only 3.45.

Hyosung’s POV

It was so obvious that Chunji still liked Aclaire so I thought I would give him a hand by dialing Aclaire’s number.

It rang for about a minute or so and I was directed to her voicemail. I tried again. This time she picked up.

“Hyosung, what is it? Mr. Lee is like going to kill me when he finds out I’m using my phone in the toilet,” Aclaire’s voice informed.

“Oh right sorry! Someone’s just waiting for you outside,” I replied.

“What? Who?” She asked.

“Just go back into the office and look outside the window,” I said and hung up.

I smiled victoriously. Chunji, you owe me big time.

Aclaire’s POV

“She hung up…” I said and returned back into the office. Mr. Lee gave me a suspicious look and I took a seat next to the window. Aware of my sudden change of seating Mr. Lee raised an eyebrow.

“I need some air,” I said as an excuse.

He nodded and returned back to supervise us. Joon was busy scribbling something down on a pad. Probably the apology letter we were supposed to hand up by the end of detention. I turned my head to face the window and scanned the ground for someone. No one was there. My eyes searched the field and then I spotted a figure leaning against the school gate. I squinted my eyes to get a closer look at his face but couldn’t really see it. He suddenly looked up and his facial features resembled Chunji’s. Wait. It was Chunji! What was he doing here?

“Is something the matter?” Mr. Lee asked.

 “Oh it’s nothing,” I replied and went back to writing my apology letter.

I looked out again and Chunji disappeared. Was I just imaging that?

~~~

Detention finally finished! Joon and I exited the classroom when my foot suddenly started to hurt. I unconsciously grabbed onto Joon’s left shoulder and was finding it difficult to put any weight on it.

“Hey, what’s wrong? You ok?” Joon asked.

“My foot just hurts. I’m sure it’s nothing,” I replied and tried to walk but ended up falling forwards.

Joon’s POV

“H-hey, be careful,” I said and caught Aclaire by the waist.

“T-thanks,” she stuttered and stood up. She seemed to be in a lot of pain as sweat started to form on the side of her head.

“You did something to your foot right?” I asked.

She didn’t answer and just nodded. I sighed. How many times does she hurt herself?

“Ok come on let’s go,” I said and bent down to lift her up, bridal style.

She gasped in surprise and demanded that I put her down.

“Do you think, you’ll be able to walk?” I asked.

“I-it’s embarrassing, please let me down,” she said in a small voice.

“Not when you can’t even take a step, looks everyone’s already left. No one will be able to see us so it’s ok,” I said.

“But it’s embarrassing…”she muffled and hid her face in my chest.

“Seriously, sometimes I wonder why I even bother,” I said to myself and started to walk out of the building.

Aclaire’s POV

I bit my lip to hide the smile that was slowly escaping. My heart raced and I prayed that Joon couldn’t feel it beating. Truthfully, it’s this side of Joon that I like the most. Sometimes I just hope that maybe one day we could meet as two normal people who don’t have to worry about protecting their dream and keeping secrets…

*****

Ok, the double update is complete! >.<

Thank you for reading and I hope you’ve enjoyed the story so far. =D

Please comment and anticipate the next chapter. <3