"I'm here to save you,"

Melody's Kiss

Joon’s POV

They all blinked and gave me blank stares.

“What? She’s my cousin!” I said maybe a bit too loudly. They nodded and I took that as an agreement. With that I kneeled down so they could place her on my back.

“Thanks Jin,” Hyosung said.

“It’s ok, besides all my events have already passed,” I said and started walking towards the Nurse’s Office. Honestly this girl is just too nice for her own good.

Everyone was pretty focused on the events so they didn’t realise that Aclaire was being carried on my back. Her face was squished to my shoulder and I found that kind of uncomfortable.

“Hey, how stupid are you anyway? How could you believe that those girls were actually sic-”I said before I felt a gust of hot air on my skin. I shivered slightly as it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I heard Aclaire steadily breathing and the hot air she released continued. She was asleep. I chuckled to myself.

We reached the front of the Nurse’s Office but no one was there. Why would they have the door ajar if the room was unsupervised? Well, I didn’t care. I placed Aclaire onto one of the beds and sat down at the Nurse’s desk. She looked so calm and relaxed. Was this really the cheerful Aclaire I knew before? For some reason, resting like this made her appear...angelic. Somehow I couldn’t stop admiring her facial features as the sunlight glowed around her. I decided to take this opportunity to look at her a little more because I knew that when she woke up, this angelic feel would disappear.

Scanning her face, my eyes seemed to lock in place where her lips were. Recalling the events yesterday, it was still pretty hard to believe. I shook my head to rid thinking about it any further. I spun around on the chair and heard Aclaire mumble something. Sliding in closer, I leaned in to hear what she was saying.

Aclaire’s POV

“Run! Aclaire, run!”

I heard someone calling behind me. Sounds of screeching echoed as I ran.

“Get her!” I heard someone yell followed by what sounded like millions of footsteps chasing after me. I was wearing a white gown and it made running difficult. Why was I running anyway? I turned my head around and saw an army of soldiers aiming their riffles at me. What was going on? What did I do to make them run after me? Struggling to breathe a bright light suddenly blocked my view and made me shade my eyes with my hands.

A hand reached out and I felt it was right for me to grab it. I looked closely, who was this person...?

“...Jonghyun,”

Joon’s POV

Jonghyun? Wait, I thought she was over him. Now she’s dreaming about him? I stared at her in disbelief. Don’t tell me she’s looking angelic because of him? Somehow I felt a little annoyed. I was the one who helped her. He was not even aware that she fell!

I was shocked by my own response. Why was I pissed anyway? I needed to get some fresh air so I stood up, walked out of the room and left Aclaire lying there by herself.

“Keep dreaming about him in peace,” I said sarcastically to myself and closed the door behind me.

Aclaire’s POV

The light was so bright I didn’t know who it was. All I could tell was he was dressed like a Prince. It couldn’t have been Jonghyun right? Slowly the light faded and eventually revealed the face of the mystery man. To my surprise it wasn’t Jonghyun but instead the guy who took my first kiss.

“Joon,” I said uncertainly.

He didn’t respond and flashed a gorgeous smile.

“I’m here to save you,” he said in a deep smooth voice. The sound of the soldiers heavy strides were nearing and Joon immediately started running as he held onto my hand...

My eyes opened and I shot up. My heart was beating fast from the weird dream I just experienced. It’s been a while since I had a dream and this time it was about Joon? My heart pumped even more rapidly at the thought of him and it felt as if it was about to jump right out of my chest. I looked around the area. I was in the Nurse’s Office but how did I get here? I tried to recall the events that happened.

All I remember was my legs giving way from running. I was then carried by someone, it was so comfortable. They had broad shoulders and their back was so warm that I think I feel asleep. I was really curious about who carried me as I wanted to thank them. I swung my legs over the bed and stood up but then a sharp pain shot through my leg muscles and made me fall straight down again. I winced in pain.

Carefully I managed to walk through the door without falling over. I needed to go to the toilet and that was located upstairs. Great! Holding onto the banister I lifted one foot after the other and ascended the stairs. Every step would make me stumble. Luckily I didn’t fall or so I thought...

Joon’s POV

After I calmed myself, I forgot why I was annoyed in the first place. I felt a little bad leaving Aclaire by herself and decided to go check up on her. I arrived at the Nurse’s Office and the bed where she laid was empty. I frantically ran out of the room in search for her. Suddenly I heard a loud scream coming from upstairs. I rushed over and saw Aclaire lying on one of the steps.

I ran up and reached my hand out.

“Hey, are you ok?” my question filled with worry.

Aclaire looked up and tried to stand, she staggered a bit and I immediately supported her by holding onto her arms.

“Hey, careful,” I said.

Her face turned a little red and she couldn’t look me in the eye. Was this because of that kiss thing again? This girl had to get over that.

“Look, I’m here to save you from falling. The least you can do is look at me and say thanks,” I said.

Aclaire’s POV

“I’m here to save you,”

Those exact words were spoken in my dream by the exact same person. This was too creepy for a coincidence. I couldn’t look Joon in the eye, I was too embarrassed. How can I after I just had a dream about him?

“Thank you,” I mumbled.

“What? What was that?” He said and cupped his ear with his hand.

I took a deep breath and decided to thank him properly. I brought up the courage and looked straight into his eyes.

“Thank you,” I said more clearly and I saw that he had the biggest grin on his face. I looked away from his gaze straight away.

“See, thanking me wasn’t that hard,” he stated.

I nodded slowly and then remembered I had another question.

“D-do you know who carried me here?” I hesitatingly asked.

Joon’s grin grew into a big smile which triggered my heart to skip a beat. This was not good...

“That would be... me,” he said and I knew he was waiting for me to praise him or thank him or like totally swoon over him. I didn’t do any. Instead I was surprised by his caring nature. I recalled the comfortable back ride and felt embarrassed instantly. Not only did my heart rate increase, I could feel my face blushing.

“So no response?” He asked and leaned in closer to peer at my face.

My heart pounded like crazy and I had this weird feeling in my stomach. No way! This feeling was too familiar. I haven’t felt like this ever since I realised I had a crush on Jonghyun. Don’t tell me I’m starting to...fall for this guy?

****

Ok another chapter is up! XD Thank you for reading and I hope you've enjoyed the story so far. Comments and subscriptions are greatly appreciated so thank you to those who've commented and subscribed! <3

What do you think of my new poster..? Like...? Dislike...? Comment your thoughts. =D