Birthday Gift!

Melody's Kiss

Joon’s POV

I had a bad feeling about this. I was walking with the group of girls to town and I didn’t like it all. It drew too much attention, way too much. People were staring at us and I couldn’t get my hat to disguise myself because both my arms were being clung onto. I had to get out of here… My phone suddenly rang. Saved! I manoeuvred my arm out of the girls grasp and got my phone.  

“Hello,” I said.

“Hey, surprise it’s me Mir,”

“Oh my god! Really! Is he ok?” I said and tried to put on my best shocked voice.

“Um… Joon, are you ok?” Mir asked.

“I hope it’s not serious… What! It is! Ok, I’m on my way,” I answered, “Sorry girls but my brother’s sick so I have to go home to see him. Bye,” I said and sprinted off. I heard Hyuna say wait but I ignored it.

 “Thank you Mir! Your timing couldn’t have been better,” I told him.

“I’m confused, what are you doing?” Mir asked.

“Sorry Mir. I’ll tell you later, what’s up,” I replied while I ran.

“I’m just calling to tell you that the members are coming over tonight so get pumped,” Mir said.

“What? You guys are coming over? How do you know where I live?” I asked surprisingly.

“You see, we really wanted to see you so we sneaked into your Dad’s office and persuaded some female workers to tell us,” Mir explained.

I laughed. “You went through all that trouble just to find me, I’m touched,”

“But yeah we’re coming over, see you at 7. We’re still on schedule so talk to you tonight. Bye,” He said and hung up.

I put my phone away and continued running to my apartment. It was currently five o’clock, two hours to go, I can’t wait. I get to finally see them again! I arrived at the reception desk and noticed the elevator door was just about to close. I quickly ran up to it and put my hand between the doors, “Wait up.”

A face looked up and it was Aclaire.

“Hey,” I said.

“Hey, what a coincidence,” she replied and put her hands behind her back.

I peered at her suspiciously and she quickly put on a smile.

“So, you still upset about... well you know?” I asked.

“I’m fine. I am totally over it. No more feelings whatsoever,” she replied.

“Well, that’s good to hear,” I said.

We stood in silence until I exited the elevator on the 7th floor. I waved goodbye and she did the same. I walked up to my apartment door and started to find something to do to pass the time.

~~~

The door bell rang. It must be them. I shot out of the couch and raced to open the door.

“HEY!” My members all chorused in unison.

“GUYS!” I said and ran up to hug them, “It’s good to see you!”

I invited them in and they brought something with them.

“Since we can’t be with you tomorrow on your birthday... we thought we would celebrate it with you today,” G.O said as he handed me the gift.

I was totally swooning over their thoughtfulness, “Thank you guys!”

Aclaire’s POV

Luckily Joon didn’t ask about what I was hiding. I didn’t know he lived on the 7th floor. Oh well. I opened the box and took out the crystal piano. I noticed that underneath it there was a button you could turn. Carefully, I turned it and a sweet song emitted out of the tiny sculpture. I recognised the song immediately; it was ‘Together’ by Secret. I loved this song, the lyrics were so pretty. After the song finished playing, I put the gift back in its box and started to make a card for Joon.

The card was finished! I held up my masterpiece and nodded in satisfaction. Ok. I’m going to give this to him tomorrow. I smiled and prepared myself for the next day.

~~~

Everyone was busy preparing for the Sports Carnival tomorrow. Mrs. Park even had a special sports meeting in Home Group. I guess she really wants to win over the seniors next door. I was pretty excited and put my name down for some of the sprinting events.

The bell rang for the end of school and Hyosung and I walked to our lockers.

“What’s that?” Hyosung asked when I took out the gift.

“This? It’s a thank you gift for Jin,” I explained.

“Oh... what is it?” Hyosung said and lifted the box up.

“Secret,” I replied and laughed.

She pouted and asked, “So when are you going to give it to him?”

“Probably sometime after school,” I replied and we began to exit the building.

“I guess you guys are going to go home together today,” she predicted.

“Yeah. I’m going to wait for him so you go on ahead,” I said.

“Ok, see you tomorrow,” Hyosung said while giving me a hug.

She walked off and I scanned the area for Joon’s presence. I spotted him walking over with his friends. Himchan must’ve noticed me because he gave me a wave. I smiled and waved back.

“Were you waiting for me?” Himchan asked.

“Sure I was,” I replied sarcastically.

“Make sure to mention me, ok?” Himchan whispered.

I laughed, “Don’t worry, I will,”

“Well Jin. Your cousin’s waiting for you so we’ll walk ahead,” Himchan said and left with the others.

“So...? Why are you waiting for me?” Joon asked.

“You’ll soon find out. Let’s go,” I said and started walking.

We arrived at the 7th floor and I stopped Joon before he could get out. He looked confused.

“We’re going to my apartment,” I said.

“Why?” He asked.

“It’s a secret,” I said while the elevator went up to level 8.

We entered my apartment and I told Joon to make himself comfortable.

Joon’s POV

Aclaire was acting weird today. What exactly is she doing? She went to the kitchen and then came out with a box. She placed it on the table in front of me and opened it.

“SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” she said as I saw that inside the box was a chocolate mud cake with eighteen candles neatly placed on top of it. I really was surprised. I didn’t think she would go through all this trouble. She started singing happy birthday and in one breath I blew out all the candles.

“Thanks Aclaire, this is really...” I started to say but couldn’t find the right word to finish off the sentence as I was so moved.

“No need to thank me yet, I still have a present for you,” She said and got out a nicely wrapped box.

My mouth hung slightly open as I started to open the gift.

“Thank you so much! This is really pretty,” I said as I held up the crystal piano.

Aclaire gave a small laugh, “It’s ok. It’s a thank you gift for helping me out with Jonghyun. Oh, Himchan also helped me get that so you should thank him too,” she said

I looked at the hand-made card and laughed. It was cute!

“Also, the piano plays a song too so feel free to turn that knob under it,” (Right click and open new tab to listen)

I started turning it and heard a tune, “This is nice. What song is it?” I asked.

“It’s ‘Together’ by Secret. I was surprised too when I first listened to it. It’s such a pretty song,” Aclaire replied, “Want to know a secret?”

“Sure,” I said.

“Guess what? You’re the first guy I ever cried in front of besides my Dad. Congratulations!” She said, “I hope you weren’t too embarrassed by it,” she added.

“Why would I be embarrassed? Want to hear my secret?” I asked and she nodded, “You’re the first girl to cry in my arms. Congratulations!” I said and we both started laughing.

“Hold on, I’ll go get a knife to cut the cake,” Aclaire said after we controlled our laughter. 

“Wait,” I said and stood up to grab her arm as she got up. She suddenly tripped; I tried to stop her from falling and failed. We were both on the floor and she had landed on top of me. My eyes widened from shock.

Aclaire’s POV

I closed my eyes as I fell and hoped for the best. I landed on something soft and slowly opened my eyes. The first thing I saw was Joon’s eyes... then I realised what just happened... our lips... our lips had made contact!!!

****

Thank you for reading!! Please feel free to comment and if you haven’t already please subscribe! <3

How was the chapter? Could this be Joon and Aclaire’s first Melody’s Kiss...?

Anyway I love “Togther’ by Secret! The lyrics are so pretty and I thought it described their relationship nicely. Hope you guys like it too! :D xxx